Sharp TV Remote Not Working | Causes and DIY Fixes
The remote not working is one of the major issues that Sharp TV users are concerned about. The Sharp TV remote problems are so common, but that doesn’t mean there is no way to resolve them. There is no use in buying a replacement remote every time the remote stops working. Instead, you can analyze the reason for the issue and rectify it with some techniques.
This article will teach you workarounds for the Sharp Aquos Smart TV remote not working issue.
Why is My Sharp TV Remote Not Working
Based on our research, we have found that the Sharp TV remote will only stop working for the following reasons.
|1||The remote batteries are weak or drained completely|
|2||If the remote buttons are jammed due to a speck of dirt|
|3||If an object between the TV and the remote blocks the IR signal|
|4||Battery terminals in the Sharp TV remote have become faulty|
|5||Sharp TV Voice remote fails to work due to remote pairing issues|
|6||If liquids spill on the remote, it will damage the internal components|
|7||Technical problems with the Sharp TV or the remote control|
|8||The IR emitter on the remote is dysfunctional due to physical damage|
How to Fix Sharp TV Remote Not Working
We recommend users follow these workarounds to make the Sharp TV remote work without issues.
Soft Reset the Sharp TV
Power cycling is the quick solution to fix minor problems in the Sharp TV or the remote. Moreover, this will resolve the Sharp TV problems without deleting the data and the installed apps.
- Unplug the TV adapter from the power source to perform a soft reset. Keep the Sharp TV adapter unplugged and press the TV Power button for at least 60 seconds.
- After a minute, plug the TV adapter back into the power outlet. Turn on the Sharp TV and test if the remote works.
Clear Power Residuals
If the Sharp TV remote is not used long, it might not work. So, you should clear the power residuals to fix the remote not working issue.
- Firstly, pop out the Sharp TV remote batteries from the battery compartment.
- Press and hold the Power button on your remote controller for at least 30 seconds to drain the power residuals.
- Now, press all the remote buttons at a faster rate.
- By pressing each button, you can release the stuck buttons.
- If you cannot press a particular button, insert a needle into the edges of the button to pull out dirt or smudge.
- Meanwhile, wipe the remote buttons with a clean cotton cloth. After cleaning the remote, insert the batteries back in and check if the Sharp TV remote works without issues.
Check the IR Emitter
Your remote communicates to the TV through the IR signals. The signal is passed from the IR transmitter of your remote to the IR receiver of the TV. If the IR transmitter is defective, your remote won’t send signals to the TV. By performing an IR emitter test, you can determine why the Sharp TV remote sensor is not working.
1. Open the Camera app on your Android or iPhone.
2. Point the smartphone’s rear camera toward the upper part of the remote and Press any keys.
3. Your remote sensor works fine if the light blinks when you press a button.
4. If you can’t see any light on the screen, buy a new remote or use the Sharp TV remote app as an alternative.
Replace Remote Batteries
Normally, the life span of the remote batteries is less. Therefore, if you notice poor performance on the Sharp TV remote, you should check whether the batteries have sufficient charge. If the batteries are dead, replace the old batteries with new ones. Use branded batteries like Duracell, Energizer, and Panasonic for long-lasting.
1. Open the battery compartment and pop out the batteries from the Sharp TV remote.
2. Insert the new batteries according to their positive and negative terminals.
3. Aim the remote control at the television and press any button to test the functions.
Clean the Remote
If replacing the new batteries does not fix the issue, dirt and debris will be stored on your remote, making it not work. Clean your remote to remove the dirt on the control pads and the battery compartments. Before proceeding with the steps, remove the batteries.
1. Get a microfibre cloth dipped in 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol and wipe the control pads gently. Alcohol solution will also remove the water molecules settled in the remote.
2. Clean the battery compartments with the cotton bud dipped in alcohol.
3. Take a dry cotton cloth and wipe the remote fully.
4. After a few minutes, insert the batteries and check if the remote works.
Remove the Obstructions
If you place any objects between the Sharp TV and the remote, it becomes difficult for the Sharp TV to receive IR signals from the remote. So, the Sharp TV remote won’t work unless you operate in a direct line of sight. Make sure that there are no obstructions while using the remote. You should operate the Sharp TV remote from a distance of fewer than 30 feet.
Update Sharp TV Firmware
If the Sharp TV is not responding to the remote buttons, it is due to outdated software. Try updating your Sharp TV to the latest version and check if it helps.
1. Connect your Sharp TV to WiFi once you turn it on.
2. Tap the Menu button on the TV.
3. Go to Settings and click Support. Use the channel buttons to highlight an option.
4. Choose Check Software Upgrade and click Yes.
Your TV will be updated after a restart. Now, check whether the TV responds to the remote commands.
Reset Sharp TV Remote
The remote’s functionality may be affected if multiple keys are pressed in a row. In such cases, reset the Sharp TV remote to its default settings to make it work
1. Remove the remote batteries from the Sharp TV remote.
2. Clean the battery terminals using a cotton cloth and ensure it is clean.
3. Press the POWER button on the Sharp TV remote and hold it for 30 seconds.
Now, your remote is successfully reset to its factory settings. Pair your remote to the TV and see if it works. If resetting your remote doesn’t fix the issue, reset your Sharp TV.
Reset Your Sharp TV
Sometimes, you have to manually reset the Sharp TV to fix unidentified bugs on the TV which is affecting the Sharp TV remote control functions.
1. Press the Menu button on the TV panel. The list of settings will appear on the TV screen.
2. Choose the Setup option and then click on Reset.
3. If prompted, tap Yes to confirm the reset. Further, click on OK to initiate the restart.
4. The Sharp TV will restart and turn on automatically to return the Sharp TV to factory defaults.
5. For Sharp Roku TVs, press and hold the Reset button to perform a reset. Use a toothpick or SIM ejector tool and keep hold of the Reset button for about 30 seconds.
Use the Google TV App
For Sharp Android TVs, you can use the Google TV app as a remote control from your smartphone. This app is supported for both Android and iOS devices. Ensure you have connected the Sharp TV and smartphone to the same WiFi.
1. Install the Google TV application from the Play Store or App Store.
2. After the installation, open the Google TV app.
3. Sign in to your Google account.
4. Next, tap the TV Remote option at the bottom corner.
5. It will search for devices.
6. Select Sharp TV from the available devices.
7. Start controlling the Sharp TV using the remote interface.
Use The Roku App
If the Sharp Roku TV remote is not working, use The Roku App (Official) to control it. The app works only if your phone and TV are connected to the same WiFi. The following are the steps to use the Roku app as a remote control for Sharp Roku TV.
1. Install the Roku remote app from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Open the Roku app on your smartphone.
3. Sign in to your Roku account if you get a prompt.
4. Click the Devices tab at the bottom when the home screen appears.
5. Then select your Sharp Roku TV from the list of devices.
6. Further, click the Remote icon to view the on-screen remote.
7. Finally, you can start using the remote control.
Purchase a Universal Remote
If you wish to buy a replacement remote since it is broken, buy a universal remote for Sharp TV from websites like Amazon. It is essential to read the product description and remote compatibility before you buy them. You can operate a universal remote from a maximum range of 15 meters. However, you must buy 2 AAA batteries for the remote at an extra cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the Sharp TV becomes faulty, you will see a red indicator light on the TV sensor. This error can arise due to software issues or changes you made while resetting the Sharp TV.
Press and hold the TV and Display buttons → Enter the Sharp TV remote code → Press the Power button → If the TV is turned off, remote programming is successful.
It is because the remote batteries are positioned incorrectly. Take out the batteries and insert them based on their polarities.