How to Fix if Skyworth TV Remote is Not Working
The Skyworth TV remote will stop working for various reasons. The most common causes include weak batteries, remote pairing issues, signal obstructions, or physical damage. If you ever face a situation like the Skyworth TV remote not working, learn some easiest troubleshooting methods to fix it. Most of the fixes will work in fixing the Hisense TV remote not working issue as well.
- If the remote batteries don’t have adequate charge, it won’t work
- The remote stops working when the buttons are jammed
- If the remote falls unexpectedly, the internal parts will get damaged
- Due to liquid spillage on the remote, you may not be able to use the remote
- Because of obstructions between the remote and the Skyworth TV
- Soft resetting the TV
- Power cycle
- Replacing remote batteries
- Removing obstructions
- Re-pairing the Skyworth remote
- Reset Skyworth TV
- Buying a universal remote
How to Fix Skyworth TV Remote Not Working
The following are the quickest ways to troubleshoot Skyworth TV Remote that is not working.
Soft Reset the Skyworth TV
The soft reset or power cycling effectively solves the unknown errors on the TV. If your Skyworth TV turns off automatically or the remote is not working, it is recommended to soft reset it. For this purpose, unplug the TV cable from the outlet while it is turned on. Now you have to wait for about 30 seconds. Then plug the cable back into the TV and turn it on by pressing the Power button. Test the remote to see whether it is working without any issues.
Drain Power Residuals on the Remote
Pop out the batteries from the Skyworth TV remote compartment. After that, press and hold the Power button for about 15-20 seconds. Then hardly press all the remote buttons one by one. Make sure you have pressed every single button at least twice or thrice. It will drain the power residuals left on the remote. Also, it helps to release the stuck buttons, if any. Further, whack the remote on your hand a couple of times. Lastly, insert the batteries back into the remote and check whether it is functioning.
Note: You shall learn to turn on Skyworth Smart TV without a remote as it will give you a hand when the remote is lost, damaged, or not working.
Replace the Remote Batteries
If the remote is still not working even after trying the previous methods, it is time to replace the batteries. First, remove the old batteries from the remote compartment. Then insert a pair of new AAA batteries into the remote. Use branded remote batteries like Duracell, Panasonic, or Energizer that can last longer than others. While inserting the batteries, wipe the compartment with a clean cotton cloth and then insert it properly.
Remove the Obstructions
If you are using the Infrared based Skyworth TV remote, it is to note that the remote won’t pass the signal to the TV if there are any obstructions. i.e., suppose you place any objects between the Skyworth TV and the remote, and it will block the IR signals. Therefore, change the location of the soundbars, speakers, or headphones if you keep them in front of the TV sensor. Further, wipe the TV sensor using a clean cotton cloth to remove the dirt or dust.
Pairing the Skyworth TV Remote
For Bluetooth Skyworth TV remote, you should pair it to the Skyworth TV before you start to use it. Notably, there are two ways to pair the remote. If you forgot to pair the remote, follow the instructions given below.
1. Press the Voice button on the Skyworth TV remote.
2. Further, press the Left and Home buttons together until the green light blinks.
3. Next, press the OK button to pair the Bluetooth remote.
Now you can ask for something to stream on Skyworth Android TV using Google Assistant.
1. Click Settings at the top right corner of the Skyworth TV.
2. Scroll down and tap Add accessory under the Remote & accessories section.
3. Then press the Left and Home buttons simultaneously until the green light begins to flash.
4. Lastly, press the OK button. It will pair the remote with your Skyworth TV.
Note: Do you own an LG TV? If so, you shall know the causes and various fixes for LG TV Remote not working issues.
How to Reset Skyworth TV Without a Remote Control
You can use any third-party remote apps to control the Skyworth TV if you can’t able to use the remote at this moment. The following are the best remote apps to control Skyworth TV from an Android device.
- Skyworth Universal Remote: Download on Google Play Store
- Remote for Skyworth TV: Download on Google Play
Upon installation, follow the on-screen instructions to use the app. Here’s how to reset Skyworth TV using the remote app.
1. Turn on the Skyworth TV by manually pressing the TV Power button.
2. Press the Home button on the remote app.
3. From the home screen, click the Settings icon.
4. Click on Device Preferences and then tap Reset.
5. Again select the Reset option to begin the reset.
6. The Skyworth TV will restart after 3-4 minutes once the factory reset is completed.
Buy a Universal Remote
If none of the methods work for you, purchase a new universal remote for the Skyworth Smart TV. The universal remotes are cheaper than original remotes, and it controls multiple devices at once. For your convenience, buy an IR-based remote control that won’t need any additional programming. The Skyworth Universal Remote can be operated from a distance of fewer than 10 meters.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use the Google TV app or the Skyworth Universal Remote app to control Skyworth Smart TV from an Android device.
Press the physical buttons on the TV frame to control the Skyworth TV without using a remote.