How to Turn On JVC Smart TV With/Without Remote
- Press the Power button on the JVC Smart TV to turn it on without using a remote.
- Using the Google TV App: Connect JVC Smart TV and smartphone to the same WIFI → Open Google TV on your smartphone → Click TV Remote → Choose your JVC Smart TV → Enter the code → Tap Pair → Press the Power button on the remote control to turn on/off.
- Using the Roku App: Connect JVC Roku TV to the same WIFI as your smartphone → Open the Roku app → Click Devices → Select your Roku-connected device → Tap Remote → Press the Power button.
- Purchase a universal remote for JVC Smart TV to control your TV easily.
JVC is a Japanese-based consumer electronics company that has been operational since 1927. As of now, JVC offers a variety of televisions like UHD, Full HD, HDTV, Android, QLED, and OLED. Even if your JVC remote has stopped working, there is nothing to worry about. Like turning on Philips TV without a remote, you shall follow the techniques given in this section to turn on your JVC Smart TV without a remote.
How to Turn On JVC Smart TV using TV Buttons
Normally, smart TVs have physical buttons to compensate if the remote is not working. For JVC Smart TV, you can locate the physical buttons on the right or left backside just above the bottom panel. It has a power button to turn your TV on/off, a menu button, channel up/down keys, an input button, and volume buttons. You have to long-press the Power button to turn on the JVC television without using a remote.
How to Turn On JVC Smart TV using the Google TV App
Google TV is a mobile application to browse over 700,000 movies and TV shows. The app also acts as a remote control for all Android TVs running with Android 5.0 or higher. Hence, you can use the Google TV app to turn on your JVC TV without a remote.
1. Install the Google TV app on your Android or iOS device using the below links.
2. After the installation, connect your JVC Smart TV to the same WIFI network as your smartphone.
3. Launch the Google TV app on your device.
4. Click the TV Remote option at the bottom right corner.
5. Following that, select your JVC Smart TV.
6. Enter the pairing code that appears on the TV screen.
7. Lastly, click on Pair.
8. Press the Power button on the remote control to turn off or on the JVC Television.
Tip: You can even turn on your TV by setting up the JVC Smart TV Remote App.
How to Turn On JVC Roku TV Without Remote
If you have a JVC Roku model, you can use the Roku app to turn your television on/off without a remote.
Go to Settings → Click on About → Select Advanced system settings → Tap Control by mobile apps → Choose Default or Permissive.
Steps to Control JVC Roku TV using the Roku App
1. Install the Roku app on your smartphone from the Google Play Store or App Store.
2. Connect your JVC Roku TV and smartphone to the same WIFI network.
3. Open the Roku app and log in to your Roku account.
4. Click on Devices from the bottom tab.
5. Tap on the Roku device to connect.
6. Then click the Remote option to get the remote interface.
7. Lastly, press the microphone button on the app and say the voice command, “Turn off Roku.”
💡 Likewise, you can turn on the JVC Roku TV using the voice command, “Turn on Roku.”
How to Turn On JVC Smart TV using a Universal Remote
If you want something like an original remote, consider buying a universal remote. It is because it can control multiple devices simultaneously with a single remote. The Universal Remote for JVC Smart TV is available online on Amazon. The remote is also compatible with other TV brands like Samsung, LG, Sony, Sharp, Vizio, Philips, TCL, Sanyo, Seiki, Panasonic, etc.
How to Turn On JVC Smart TV With Remote
JVC remote is very compact that helps the user to conveniently access the remote. As the remote works with Infrared technology, you don’t need to program it. Make sure to insert 2 AAA batteries into the JVC remote compartment before you use them.
Frequently Asked Questions
The power button is located on the left or right backside of the TV or underneath the JVC logo.
On the JVC Smart TV panel, press the INPUT button below the Volume buttons. Select the appropriate input that appears on the TV screen.