How to Connect JVC TV to WiFi Without Remote
- Using External Device: Connect a keyboard to the JVC TV and use it to connect to WiFi without a remote.
- Using Physical buttons: Press Menu → Click WiFi→ SSID → Select WiFi → Enter Password to connect.
- Install and use a third-party remote app to connect JVC TV to WiFi without a remote.
- Google TV App: Open Google TV → Click TV Remote → Select JVC Android TV → Enter code → Click Pair → Go to Network Settings → Select WiFi→ Enter password.
- The Roku App: Open The Roku App → Devices → Choose JVC Roku TV → Remote → Press Home → Settings → Network → Wireless → Choose WiFi→ Enter password.
- Set up a wired internet connection on JVC Roku TV using an ethernet cable.
Want to watch Netflix and Prime Video content? Ensure you connect the JVC Smart TV to WiFi using the remote. But what if the JVC TV remote is not working? You will be frustrated and search for a way to control the JVC TV without a remote. In such situations, you can use the physical buttons, a remote app, or an external keyboard to connect the JVC TV to WiFi.
This article teaches how to connect the JVC Smart TV to a WiFi network without a remote.
How to Connect JVC Smart TV to WiFi Without Remote
You shall connect your JVC TV to WIFI without using a remote controller in different means, as discussed below.
Use a Keyboard to Connect JVC TV to WiFi
As JVC TV can support external devices, you shall purchase and connect a wireless keyboard to control your TV. The USB ports are located on the left or right backside of the TV. So, grab the USB adapter of the keyboard and connect it right to the USB port of the JVC TV. Once you have plugged it in, turn on the JVC TV. Go to the Network settings to connect JVC TV to WiFi.
- JVC Android TV: Settings → Network & internet → Turn on WLAN → Select WiFi → Enter Password to connect.
- JVC Roku TV: Settings → Network → Set up connection → Wireless → Select WiFi → Enter Password → Connect.
Logitech is a renowned consumer electronics brand with advanced specifications. It is recommended to purchase keyboards having a built-in touchpad. Some of our favorite picks are listed below.
Use Physical Buttons to Connect JVC TV to WiFi
You can use physical buttons as an alternative if you have any issues with the JVC TV remote.
- The physical buttons are usually located on the left or right edges of the JVC TV frame.
- Press the TV power button to turn it on. Press the Menu button once you see the welcome message on the TV screen.
- Now, click on WiFi from the list of options.
- Following that, click on SSID. It will display all the WiFi networks available in the range.
- Select your WiFi network to continue.
- Further, you need to enter the password to connect.
You must use a keyboard or a remote app to enter the password since typing with the TV buttons is impossible.
Use a Remote App to Connect JVC TV to WIFI
You can even control the TV using the JVC TV remote app. Even though JVC TV has no official remote app, there are many third-party apps on the Google Play Store for free download. Nonetheless, the smartphone requires a built-in IR blaster to use those applications. The following are the remote apps to control JVC TV without a remote.
Press the Menu button → Select WiFi→ Turn on WiFi → Click on SSID → Choose a WiFi network → Enter the password to connect to the internet.
Use the Google TV App to Connect JVC Android TV to WiFi
Google TV is an application to browse movies and TV shows or organize a watchlist. Furthermore, this app also works as a remote control for all Android TV models. Therefore, you can use the Google TV remote app to connect the JVC TV to a WiFi network. This app works only if your phone and JVC Android TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
1. Install the Google TV app on your Android or iPhone.
2. After the installation, open the Google TV app.
3. Sign in to your Google account if prompted.
4. From the home screen, click the TV Remote icon at the bottom.
5. After that, choose your JVC Android TV.
6. Enter the code displayed on the TV screen.
7. Click Pair to proceed.
8. Now, you can use the remote control.
9. Using the remote interface, go to Network & internet settings and select a new WiFi network.
10. Enter the appropriate password to connect.
If JVC Android TV is connected to a new WIFI network, the Google TV remote app will be disconnected.
Use The Roku App to Connect JVC Roku TV to WiFi
If the JVC Roku TV remote is not working, you shall use The Roku App as a remote control. This app allows users to play or search for a title with voice commands. The Roku App is accessible only if your smartphone and TV are connected to the same WIFI network.
Here are the steps to connect JVC Roku TV to WIFI using The Roku App.
1. Install The Roku App from the respective app store on your smartphone.
2. Open The Roku App on your Android or iPhone.
3. Sign in to your Roku account.
4. Tap Devices.
5. Choose your JVC Roku TV to connect.
6. If connected, tap the Remote icon.
7. Using the remote layout, press the Home button.
8. Then click on Settings and select Network.
9. Further, choose Wireless.
10. Finally, select your WiFi network and enter the password.
If JVC Roku TV is connected to a new WiFi network, it will disconnect The Roku App.
Use Ethernet to Connect JVC TV to the Internet
If you have an ethernet cable, you can connect it to your JVC TV to get internet access. The ethernet cable is much better and delivers high-speed internet, stability, and low latency.
Those who don’t have a cable should buy a Dbillionda Cat8 ethernet cable, which is most recommended for all smart TVs. As it is available in various sizes, ensure to purchase a cable with sufficient length. To access the internet, connect one end of the ethernet cable to your JVC TV and the other to the router.
After connecting the cable, go to Settings → Network → Set up connection → Select Wired → JVC Roku TV will get internet access.
How to Connect Old JVC TV to WiFi With Remote
1. Press the Menu button on the JVC TV remote.
2. Click on the Settings icon from the home screen.
3. Then scroll down and select Network.
4. Tap Network setup and choose WiFi.
5. Select the WiFi network from the list of available connections.
6. Enter the password to connect.
Buy a Universal Remote
You should buy a universal remote to control everything if you have multiple JVC TVs. However, you should program a universal remote to your TV with valid JVC TV remote codes. You can buy a universal remote online by visiting the Amazon website. If you wish to control only JVC TV, buy a pre-programmed JVC TV replacement remote, which doesn’t require a remote setup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can use the physical buttons or a remote app to change the input on JVC TV.
It may be due to technical problems with the router. Restart the router to fix the issue. If it doesn’t work, reset the JVC TV to factory settings and try again.