How to Connect JVC TV to WIFI Without Remote [7 Methods]
- Via External Device: Connect a keyboard or mouse to the JVC TV → Choose a WIFI network.
- Using Physical buttons: Press the Menu button → Click on WIFI → SSID → Select the WIFI network you want.
- Install a third-party app to control JVC TV → connect it to WIFI without a remote.
- Via Google TV App: Open Google TV → Click TV Remote → Select JVC Android TV → Enter the code → Click Pair → Go to Network Settings → Select a WIFI network → Enter the password.
- The Roku App: Open The Roku App → Click Devices → Choose JVC Roku TV → Remote → Press the Home key → Settings → Network → Wireless → Choose a WIFI network → Enter the password.
- Set up a wired internet connection by using an ethernet cable.
- Use a universal remote to control multiple JVC TVs and connect them to WIFI.
JVC gained fame among US audiences by offering Dolby Vision HDR support in their TV line-ups. With the JVC Smart Center integration, users can stream movies and TV shows via Netflix. However, JVC TV should have internet access to stream entertainment content online. If the JVC TV remote stops working unexpectedly, you shall use the following methods to connect JVC TV to WIFI without a remote.
How to Connect JVC TV to WIFI Without Remote
You shall connect your JVC TV to WIFI without using a remote controller in different means and are as discussed below.
Use a Keyboard/Mouse to Connect JVC TV to WIFI
As JVC TV can support external devices, you shall purchase and connect a wireless keyboard or mouse to control your TV.
- The USB ports are located on the left or right backside of the TV. So, take the USB adapter of the keyboard and plug it right into the USB port.
- Once you have plugged it in, switch on the JVC TV.
Logitech is a renowned consumer electronics brand with keyboards and a built-in touchpad. It is recommended to use keyboards like Logitech K400, Logitech K400 Plus, and Logitech K600 TV for multipurpose.
Once you have connected this keyboard with the JVC TV, go to Settings and connect JVC TV to the WIFI network you want.
Connect JVC TV to WIFI using Physical Buttons
You should use physical buttons as an alternative if you have any issues with the JVC TV remote.
- The physical buttons are usually located on the left or right edges of the JVC TV frame.
- Then, press the TV power button to turn it on. Once you see the welcome message on the TV screen, press the Menu button.
- Now, click on WIFI from the list of options.
- Following that, click on SSID. It will display all the WIFI networks available in the range.
- Select your WIFI network to continue.
- Further, you need to enter the password to connect.
💡 Definitely, you will need a keyboard to enter the password since it is impossible to type with the physical buttons.
Use a Remote App to Connect JVC TV to WIFI
JVC TVs can also be controlled using a remote app. Even though JVC TV has no official remote app, there are many third-party apps on the Google Play Store for free download. Nonetheless, the smartphone requires a built-in IR blaster to use those applications. The following are the remote apps to control JVC TV without a remote.
Press the Menu button → Select WIFI → Turn on WIFI → Click on SSID → Choose a WIFI network → Enter the password to connect to the internet.
Connect JVC Android TV to WIFI using Google TV
Google TV is an application to browse movies and TV shows or organize a watchlist. Furthermore, this app also works as a remote control for all Android TV models. With this app, it is possible to connect the JVC TV to the internet. However, you should connect your device and JVC Android TV to the same WIFI network.
Here are the steps to connect JVC Android TV to WIFI using the Google TV app.
1. Download and install the Google TV app on your Android or iOS device.
2. After the installation, open the Google TV app.
3. Sign in to your Google account if prompted.
4. From the home screen, click the TV Remote icon at the bottom.
5. After that, choose your JVC Android TV.
6. Enter the code displayed on the TV screen.
7. Click Pair to proceed.
8. Now, you can use the remote control.
9. Finally, go to Settings and select a new WIFI network.
10. Enter the appropriate password to connect.
📌 If JVC Android TV is connected to a new WIFI network, the Google TV remote app will be disconnected.
Connect JVC Roku TV to WIFI via The Roku App
If the JVC Roku TV remote is not working, you shall use The Roku App as a remote control for free. With this app, users can use voice commands to play or search for a title. The Roku app remote control is accessible only if your smartphone and TV are connected to the same WIFI network.
Here are the steps to connect JVC Roku TV to WIFI using The Roku App.
1. Download and install The Roku App on your smartphone.
2. Open The Roku App.
3. Sign in to your Roku account.
4. Tap Devices.
5. Choose your JVC Roku TV to connect.
6. If connected, tap the Remote icon.
7. Using the remote layout, press the Home button.
8. Then click on Settings and select Network.
9. Further, choose Wireless.
10. Finally, select your WIFI network and enter the password.
💡 If JVC Roku TV is connected to a WIFI network, it automatically disconnects the Roku app.
Use Ethernet to Connect JVC TV to the Internet
If you have an ethernet cable, you can simply connect it to your JVC TV to get internet access. The ethernet cable is much better that delivers high-speed internet, stability, and low latency.
Those who don’t have cable should buy a Dbillionda Cat8 ethernet cable which is most recommended for all smart TVs. As it is available in various sizes, ensure to purchase a cable that has sufficient length. To access the internet, connect one end of the ethernet cable to your JVC TV and the other end to the router.
Connect JVC TV to WIFI using the Universal Remote
If you have multiple JVC TVs, you should buy a universal remote to control everything. However, you should program the JVC universal remote with valid remote codes.
Visit Amazon.com, where you can buy pre-programmed remotes which don’t need additional setup. Make sure to check the product description and the model number before you buy a remote.
Connect JVC TV to WIFI With Remote
1. Press the Menu button on the JVC TV remote.
2. Click on the Settings icon from the home screen.
3. Then scroll down and select Network.
4. Tap Network setup and choose WIFI.
5. Select the WIFI network from the list of available connections.
6. Enter the password to connect.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a JVC Android TV, you should use the Google TV app as a remote control. In the case of JVC Roku TV, you shall download and use The Roku App.
If JVC TV doesn’t connect to WIFI, you have to soft reset the TV. Then unplug the router and wait for 60 seconds and connect it again. If it doesn’t work still, finally, you have to reset JVC TV to factory settings.