How to Download and Use Roku Remote App to Control Roku TV
- The Roku App: Launch Google Play or App Store → Search for Roku → Click on Get/Install → Open Roku app → Sign in to your Roku account → Click Devices → Select Roku → Tap Remote → Use remote control.
- Using Remote + Samsung, Roku, and FireTV App: Launch Play Store or App Store → Enter Remote + Samsung, Roku, and FireTV → Install → Open → Connect phone and TV to same WIFI → Select Roku → Start controlling the device.
- Roku Remote: RoSpikes(WiFi/IR) App: Go to Play Store → Enter Roku Remote: RoSpikes → Install → Launch it → Select Remote type → Choose TV model → Start using the remote.
The Roku App (Official) is a remote application to control Roku-powered Smart TV and Roku Streaming Stick. You can use this app as a virtual remote when the Roku TV remote is not working. The Roku App is natively available in the Play Store and App Store so you can easily install the app on your Android or iPhone. In this guide, you will learn to use the Roku app on your smartphone with our simple step-by-step instructions.
Keep in mind that The Roku App (Official) only works on a wireless connection. So you should connect the TV and phone to the same WiFi network. Optionally, you can use third-party IR blaster remote apps that can work without WiFi. However, your smartphone should have an IR emitter to send infrared signals to the receiver.
Key Features of the Roku Remote App
- Cast media files like photos or videos from your phone to TV.
- You can type text on the Roku device with a mobile keyboard.
- You can also add and launch the Roku channels with the Roku app.
- The remote app has similar features to the original remote.
- Watch free movies, live TV, and much more with Roku channels.
- You can adjust the volume, change channels, and much more with the remote app.
- Also, it has a voice control feature to operate your TV with voice commands.
How to Download Roku Remote App (Android/iOS)
The Roku app is available on the Google Play Store and App Store. Click the below button to download the Roku app based on the device you have.
How to Connect the Roku TV Remote App to the TV
Before you start, check if you have connected your Roku and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
1. Open The Roku App (Official) on your Android or iOS device.
2. Sign in to your Roku account.
3. Click on Devices at the bottom right corner.
4. It will search for nearby Roku devices.
5. Select the name of the Roku-connected smart TV.
6. Once connected, click the Remote button.
7. The app switches to the remote interface.
You can start using this mobile app as a remote control.
Note: Like the Roku app, you can use the Mi TV Remote App to control your Xiaomi Mi TV when the physical remote controller isn’t working.
How to Use Voice Controls on Roku TV Remote App
You can use voice commands to launch any channel, discover categories, play a particular show, etc. In addition, you can even change the input on Roku without a remote. The voice search feature is available in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Mexico. Moreover, you can use English or Spanish language for voice searches.
Examples of Voice Commands
- Switch to HDMI 2
- Launch Netflix on Roku
- Set a sleep timer for 30 minutes
Note: If you are looking for an Onn TV remote app, you can use The Roku App if your Smart TV runs with Roku OS.
How to Control Roku TV with Third-Party Applications
There are a lot of third-party IR blaster remote apps to control your Roku TV that are classified as follows.
Remote + Samsung, Roku, FireTV
Remote + Samsung, Roku, FireTV is a third-party remote control application for Roku. It is available on the Google Play Store and App Store for free download. The app can control Roku TVs like Hisense, Sharp, Insignia, TCL, Element, Hitachi, JVC, Philips, and RCA TV. You shall consider this app as an alternative to the Roku mobile app.
1. Launch the Play Store or App Store app on your smartphone.
2. Enter Remote + Samsung, Roku, and FireTV in the search field and find it.
3. Once you select the app, click the Install button to begin the installation process.
4. After the installation, click the Open button to launch the application.
5. Connect your phone and TV to the same WIFI network.
6. Select your Roku device to connect. Start controlling the TV virtually.
Roku Remote: RoSpikes(WiFi/IR)
RoSpikes is a simple application to control your Roku TV with WIFI and IR signals. To get this app, follow these steps.
1. Launch the Play Store on your Android device.
2. Enter Roku Remote: RoSpikes on the search bar.
3. Select the appropriate application from the list.
4. Click on the Install button to begin the installation.
5. Then launch the application on your smartphone.
6. Select the type of remote and choose the TV model if you choose the IR method.
7. Else connect your phone and TV on the same WIFI connection to use the WIFI method.
Finally, you can use the Rospikes remote app to control the Roku TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
RoByte, SURE, TVMote, and Rokie are the best universal Roku remote apps. These apps are free to download from the Google Play Store and App Store.
RRemote is the popular remote application to control Roku from Windows. You can download this app from the Microsoft Store.
Yes. You can use the RoSpikes application to control the Roku TV without a WIFI network.