How to Change Input Source on Roku TV With or Without Remote
- Change Input Using Remote: Press the Home button → Settings → TV inputs → Select the input.
- Set Default Input on Roku TV: Click on Home → Settings → Power → Power on → Choose Input → Press the Home button to save.
- Change Input Without Remote: Use the TV panel keys or install the Roku app to change the input on Roku TV without using a remote.
Connecting a cable box, streaming device, or gaming console to your Roku TV is very simple than you guess. There are ways to change the input on Roku TV with or without a remote, like connecting Roku to WiFi without a remote. In addition, you can even set a default input for Roku TV that you want to use regularly.
How to Change Input on Roku TV with Remote
For your convenience, you can rename the HDMI ports based on the device you attach. Follow the steps below to change the TV inputs after pairing the Roku remote.
- Press the Home button on the Roku TV remote to view the home screen.
- Click on Settings from the left sidebar.
- Following that, select TV inputs and tap OK.
- A list of inputs will be displayed on the TV screen.
- Once you have highlighted the input, click the Menu button and choose Rename.
- Lastly, rename the input of your preference and click OK.
Change Input on Roku TV from Home Screen
- Tap the Home button on the Roku TV remote.
- Use the directional keys to scroll the list of tiles.
- From there, click on the input that you want to switch.
Note: You shall Turn on Roku TV Without a Remote in three different ways, and it is useful if your remote controller isn’t working or you lost it.
How to Set a Default Input on Roku TV
- Click the Home button on the Roku TV remote and then select Settings.
- Highlight the System option and tap OK.
- Further, choose Power and click OK.
- Select the Power on option and tap OK.
- From the list of inputs, select the default input for the TV when turned on.
- At last, press the Home button to confirm your choice.
How to Change Input on Roku TV Without Remote
The following are the methods to change the HDMI input on Roku TV without a remote.
Using Panel Buttons
- Switch on your Roku TV using the physical power button.
- Once the home screen appears, press the Power and Volume keys on the TV simultaneously.
📌 These buttons are usually located on the left or right side of the TV or underside of the TV logo.
- Select the desired input by scrolling through the Volume buttons.
Note: When your Roku remote isn’t working or functioning properly, you shall Reset Roku Remote to factory settings.
Using the Roku App
☝ Before you continue with the steps, go to Settings and choose System. Further, select the Advanced system settings option. Then choose Control by mobile apps. Further, change Network Access to Default.
- Connect your Roku TV to the same WIFI network as your smartphone.
- Install the Roku app on your device from Google Play or App Store.
- Open the Roku app and log in with your Roku account.
- Click on Devices at the bottom right and select your Roku TV.
- If prompted, enter the code displayed on the TV screen.
- Tap the Remote icon to get the remote interface on your smartphone.
- Now change the source of Roku TV from the home screen using the directional keys.
Frequently Asked Questions
Initially, connect your HDTV’s coaxial cable to the Roku TV’s respective port. Switch on your Roku TV, click on Home and choose Live TV from the list. If there is no Live TV input, go to Settings and click on TV inputs. Next, select Live TV and tap Set up input. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
There is no way to change the input using the Roku streaming stick. However, if the Roku TV is compatible with the HDMI-CEC feature, you can change the TV input to another device by pressing the Power button on Roku TV.
You can follow the same procedure in the above section to change the input on the TCL Roku TV models.