How to Reset Skyworth TV Without Remote
- Reset Skyworth TV With Remote: Press the Home button on the remote → Tap the Settings icon → Click on Device Preferences → Click on Reset → Tap Reset/Yes to begin the reset.
- Reset Skyworth TV Without Remote:
- Install and use the Google TV app as a remote control.
- Use IR third-party remote apps to reset Skyworth TV.
- Connect a wireless keyboard to Skyworth TV and reset it to factory defaults.
A factory reset is one of the Skyworth TV troubleshooting methods to fix unknown errors. If you perform a factory reset, it will erase everything, including installed applications, menu preferences, WIFI network settings, etc. While resetting your Skyworth TV to factory default settings using a remote is easy, it doesn’t mean you cannot do the same without the remote. Notably, there are three methods to reset Skyworth TV without a remote. Learning to do the same will be beneficial when your Skyworth TV remote isn’t working.
When Should I Reset Skyworth TV to Factory Default Settings
|You cannot see the picture on the Skyworth TV due to an electronic glitch|
|Suppose the installed applications are not responding or misbehaving due to an unknown error|
|If there is no sound while watching entertainment content on your TV|
|In case the Skyworth TV disconnects screen mirroring while streaming a media file|
|When there is a slow response on the Skyworth TV or hanging issues|
|If you see color distortion on the screen while changing TV channels|
How to Reset Skyworth TV Without Remote
Here are the possible ways to reset Skyworth TV to factory settings without using a remote.
How to Reset Skyworth TV using the Google TV App
You can use the Google TV app to control the Skyworth Android TV from a smartphone. The app is free to download from the Google Play Store and App Store. Follow the instructions to reset Skyworth Android TV using the Google TV app.
1. Connect Skyworth Android TV and your device to the same WIFI network.
2. Open the Google TV app on your Android/iOS device from Play Store or App Store.
3. Sign in to your Google account.
4. From the home screen, click the TV Remote icon.
5. It will search for nearby devices.
6. Select your Skyworth TV to pair with your device.
7. Enter the code displayed on the TV screen.
8. The Google TV app is ready to use as a remote control.
9. Then press the Home button on the remote interface.
10. You will get the home screen on your Skyworth TV.
11. Select Swipe control by clicking the hamburger menu on the Google TV app.
12. Use the touchpad and click the Settings icon on the TV screen.
13. Following that, click on Device Preferences.
14. Next, scroll to the bottom and tap the Reset option.
15. Then click on Reset to bring back the Skyworth TV to factory defaults.
💡 The Skyworth TV will reboot twice and will take around 3-4 minutes.
Note: Like resetting, you shall even Turn On Skyworth Smart TV without a remote.
How to Reset Skyworth TV Using a Third-Party App
Even if you don’t have a WIFI connection, there are other ways to control Skyworth TV. You can download IR based universal remote app on your smartphone and then use it as a remote control. Make sure that your device has a built-in IR blaster. You can install and use any third-party apps on your smartphone to reset Skyworth TV.
After installing the app, open it and select the appropriate remote control. Further, press the Menu/Home button. Then go to Settings → Choose Device Preferences → Click Reset → Tap Reset to confirm the choice.
How to Reset Skyworth TV using an External Keyboard
The Skyworth TV has 2 USB slots to connect external devices like a wireless mouse or keyboard. Simply plug the USB adapter of your wireless keyboard to control the Skyworth TV. It is recommended to use Logitech keyboards because they come with a built-in touchpad for mouse control. Once you have plugged in, follow the instructions above to go to settings and factory reset Skyworth TV.
Buy a Universal Remote
You can also use the universal remote to control Skyworth TV. The only thing is you need to program the remote with the Skyworth TV remote codes to use it. If you don’t have a universal remote control, purchase it online on Amazon. Moreover, some remotes are already pre-programmed, so no additional programming is required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unplug the Skyworth TV cord from the power source. Keep the TV cable unplugged for 60 seconds. After that, plug the TV cord back in and turn on the Skyworth TV.
Switch on the Skyworth TV. Press the Source button once and then press 3-1-9-5 using the number buttons. The Factory Setting window will appear on the TV screen. Then scroll down using the directional keys and click on Restore Factory Default. Further, click on Yes to confirm.