Panasonic TV Remote Not Working | Reasons and DIY Fixes
If your Panasonic TV remote is not working, there is no need to worry about it. It is one of the repetitive problems faced by Panasonic TV users globally. It can be caused due to worn-out batteries, uncleaned remote, defective IR blaster, etc. Likewise, if you find out the exact reason for the cause, you can make the Panasonic TV work normally as it was before. Therefore, there will be no need to buy a replacement remote for Panasonic TV.
In this guide, you will learn the troubleshooting methods to fix the Panasonic TV remote not working issue.
Reasons for Panasonic TV Remote Not Working
If the Panasonic Smart TV remote has stopped working, it is due to the following reasons.
|1||If the remote batteries are running out of charge or completely drained|
|2||If the remote hasn’t been used for a long time, battery terminals may be affected by liquid spillage|
|3||When there is an obstructing object between the TV and the remote|
|4||Due to an accidental fall, the Panasonic TV remote’s IR emitter may be broken|
|5||If some buttons are not working on the Panasonic TV remote, it means that they are stuck|
|6||Because of an IR-signal interference by other devices, the remote may be unresponsive|
|7||If you are operating the TV remote from a long-range, it won’t send signals to the TV|
How to Fix Panasonic TV Remote Not Working Issue
If you cannot use the Panasonic TV remote, try the troubleshooting ideas to fix it.
Check Remote Batteries
It is mandatory to replace the remote batteries from time to time when it is old. Forgetting to change the batteries could be the reason for the remote not working.
- It is recommended to use Panasonic EVOLTA alkaline batteries for the Panasonic TV remote because they can last longer.
- Remove the battery cover first, and install the pair of new Panasonic batteries in the battery compartment.
- Make sure to insert batteries based on their positive and negative polarities. Finally, replace the battery cover and check whether the remote is working.
Test the IR Emitter
If you are using an IR-based Panasonic TV remote, you need to check whether it is capable of sending infrared signals to the TV.
1. Open the Camera app on our smartphone.
2. Aim the remote’s signal head towards the rear camera of your smartphone.
3. Press the buttons to check whether you can see the flashlight on the screen.
If there is no flash right, it indicates that the IR emitter is dysfunctional. Since the Panasonic remote sensor is no longer working, you can use the remote app as a substitute remote.
Power Cycling the TV
Sometimes, power cycling the Panasonic TV helps to fix the issue. Here’s how to do so.
1. Take your Panasonic TV remote and remove the batteries from its compartment.
2. Press and hold the Power button for about 30 seconds.
📌 This helps to drain all the power residuals on the remote.
3. After a minute, insert the batteries back in and check whether the remote is functioning.
Soft Reset Panasonic TV
You need to soft reset the Panasonic TV to fix the Panasonic TV remote not working.
1. Firstly, remove the batteries from the remote compartment.
2. Unplug the power cable of the Panasonic TV from the source.
3. Next, wait for 60 seconds.
4. After a minute, plug the power cable back in and reinsert the batteries.
Now switch on your Panasonic TV using the remote and check if the issues are resolved.
Note: Optionally, you shall learn to reset Panasonic TV without a remote, which is a useful option whenever the remote controller goes non-functional.
Remove the Obstructions
The presence of any electronic gadgets like Bluetooth speakers or soundbars in front of the TV sensor will obstruct the signal. Therefore, your TV won’t respond even if you press the remote buttons multiple times. Therefore, you should operate the IR-based remote at fewer than 30 feet. Wipe on the TV sensor with a clean cotton cloth by dipping it with 99% isopropyl alcohol if there are any smudges.
Clean the Remote Buttons
In some cases, dirt or smudge on the remote may be the reason for the Panasonic TV remote not working. Follow the below instructions to clean the remote,
1. Remove the batteries from the Panasonic TV remote.
2. Next, keep pressing all the buttons one by one to fix if the buttons are jammed inside.
💡 You should clean the dirt on the edges of the button using a needle or a SIM ejector tool.
Factory Reset Panasonic TV
If the above troubleshooting methods don’t fix the issue, it is better to reset Panasonic TV to factory settings.
1. Firstly, press the Menu button on the Panasonic TV.
2. Press the Channel Up or Down keys to highlight the Setup option.
3. Then press the Input/OK button to select it.
4. Further, highlight Factory defaults and click OK.
5. Then select the Yes option and then press OK.
Wait until the resetting process to complete. Later, your Panasonic TV will restart to restore it to factory settings.
Contact Panasonic Support
If none of the methods helps to fix the remote not working issue, visit the Panasonic TV customer support from a browser. For quick guidance, click the live chat option at the bottom right corner. Otherwise, you can directly contact the Panasonic Customer Care number (877) 803-8492 to speak to a technician to raise a query in case of any service warranty.
Purchase a Universal Remote
Universal remotes for Panasonic TVs like Gvirtue are cheaper than original remotes and are a decent choice. As the remotes work with Infrared technology, there is no need for programming. Like the original Panasonic TV remote, you can find all the remote buttons in the universal remote as well. Ensure to refer to the universal remote codes for Panasonic TV to program a remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is due to weak batteries. Replace the old batteries with newer ones and check whether your TV responds quickly to the remote.
Panasonic TV Remote 2 is the official remote control app for Panasonic TV. This app is available on the App Store and Google Play Store.