Is Panasonic TV Remote Not Working? Here are the DIY Fixes
- Causes: Remote isn’t paired, the battery has no charge, physical damage, broken, remote signals obstruction, etc.
- Fixes: Replace remote batteries, power cycle the TV, reset the TV, clear any obstructions, clean the remote, and reset Panasonic TV.
Panasonic is a famous consumer electronics brand, and its TVs have been in use since 1955. The notable fact is all remotes cannot last long, like televisions, including the Panasonic TV remote. Sometimes, you may feel frustrated if your TV remote is not working. There are several reasons for the Panasonic TV remote to stop working. However, you can fix this problem via troubleshooting techniques. If not, you shall use the Panasonic TV remote app to control the device.
Reasons for Panasonic TV Remote Not Working
- Remote pairing issues with the Panasonic TV remote
- If the remote batteries run out of charge or drain completely
- The remote may stop working due to liquid spillage
- If the remote has physical damage or broken
- Because of obstruction, the remote signal fails to reach the TV sensor
How to Fix Panasonic TV Remote Not Working Issue
If you cannot use the Panasonic TV remote, try the troubleshooting ideas to fix it.
Check Remote Batteries
It is mandatory to replace the remote batteries from time to time when it is old. Forgetting to change the batteries could be the reason for the remote not working.
- It is recommended to use Panasonic EVOLTA alkaline batteries for the Panasonic TV remote because they can last longer.
- Remove the battery cover first, and install the pair of new Panasonic batteries in the battery compartment.
- Make sure to insert batteries based on their positive and negative polarities. Finally, replace the battery cover and check whether the remote is working.
Power Cycling the TV
Sometimes, power cycling the Panasonic TV helps to fix the issue. Here’s how to do so.
1. Take your Panasonic TV remote and remove the batteries from its compartment.
2. Press and hold the Power button for about 30 seconds.
📌 This helps to drain all the power residuals on the remote.
3. After a minute, insert the batteries back in and check whether the remote is functioning.
Hard Reset Panasonic TV
You need to hard reset Panasonic TV to fix the Panasonic TV remote not working.
1. Firstly, remove the batteries from the remote compartment.
2. Unplug the power cable of the Panasonic TV from the source.
3. Next, wait for 60 seconds.
4. After a minute, plug the power cable back in and reinsert the batteries.
Now switch on your Panasonic TV using the remote and check if the issues are resolved.
Note: Optionally, you shall learn to reset Panasonic TV without a remote, which is a useful option whenever the remote controller goes non-functional.
Remove the Obstructions
The presence of any electronic gadgets like Bluetooth speakers or soundbars in front of the TV sensor will obstruct the signal. Therefore, your TV won’t respond even if you press the remote buttons multiple times. Therefore, you should operate the IR-based remote at fewer than 30 feet. Also, wipe on the TV sensor with clean cotton cloth if there are any smudges.
Clean the Remote Buttons
In some cases, dirt or smudge on the remote may be the reason for the Panasonic TV remote not working. Follow the below instructions to clean the remote,
1. Remove the batteries from the Panasonic TV remote.
2. Next, keep pressing all the buttons one by one to fix if the buttons are jammed inside.
💡 You should clean the dirt on the edges of the button using a needle or a sim ejector tool.
Factory Reset Panasonic TV
If the above troubleshooting methods don’t fix the issue, it is better to reset Panasonic TV to factory settings.
1. Firstly, press the Menu button on the Panasonic TV.
2. Press the Channel Up or Down keys to highlight the Setup option.
3. Then press the Input/OK button to select it.
4. Further, highlight Factory defaults and click OK.
5. Then select the Yes option and then press OK.
Wait until the resetting process to complete. Later, your Panasonic TV will restart to restore it to factory settings.
Purchase a Universal Remote
Universal remotes for Panasonic TVs like Gvirtue are cheaper than original remotes and are a decent choice. As the remotes work with Infrared technology, there is no need for programming. Like the original Panasonic TV remote, you can find all the remote buttons in the universal remote as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is due to weak batteries. Replace the old batteries with newer ones and check whether your TV responds quickly to the remote.
Panasonic TV Remote 2 is the official remote control app for Panasonic Smart TV. This app is available on the App Store and Google Play Store.