How to Reset Panasonic TV With/Without a Remote
- Reset Panasonic TV With Remote: Turn on your Panasonic TV → Press the Menu button → Click on Setup → Select System → Click on Factory Reset → Tap Yes to confirm.
- Reset Panasonic TV Without Remote: Unplug the Panasonic TV cable → Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together → Release the Volume Down button and plug the cable back in → Choose files to erase.
- Press any TV button and hold the Function and Volume Down buttons to reset the old Panasonic TV.
- Using the Google TV App: Open Google TV → Click the Remote icon → Select Panasonic TV → Enter code to pair → Go to Menu → Setup → System → Factory defaults → Click Yes to confirm the reset.
When you see a black screen or sound issues, reset the Panasonic TV to factory default settings. A factory reset will remove all the installed applications and bring your TV back to its original condition. You can even get back the factory settings by resetting the Panasonic TV without a remote if the Panasonic TV remote is not working. It is useful if you don’t want to use the Panasonic TV Universal Remote Codes. Besides, there are ways to reset the Panasonic TV using the remote or alternative options.
Reasons to Get Factory Settings on Panasonic Smart TV
- If the applications are not responding or misbehaving and causing hanging issues.
- The picture is uneven, or you cannot view the TV screen.
- Sound or color issues on your Panasonic TV.
- In case you want to disable the child lock feature.
How to Reset Panasonic TV using a Remote
1. Press the Power button on the Panasonic TV remote.
2. Next, click on the Menu button.
3. From the list of options, click on Setup and choose Shipping Condition.
Tip: In some Panasonic TVs, you need to click on System → Factory Reset.
4. Then, select Yes from the pop-up and click on OK to confirm.
5. This will permanently delete all the data, including the installed applications.
6. It will display the RESET TO FACTORY SHIPPING CONDITION COMPLETED notification on the TV screen.
7. As a result, your Panasonic TV will restart automatically.
How to Fix Panasonic TV That Won’t Turn On
1. Unplug the power plug of the Panasonic TV from the source.
2. Press and hold the TV power button for about 60 seconds.
📌 Keep the power cable unplugged while holding the power button.
3. Later, plug the power cable back in and switch on your TV.
Ensure to press and hold the Power button for at least 20 seconds to turn it on. If the problem persists, plug the power cable into the other outlet and try it again.
Note: Like the Panasonic TV, you shall even Factory Reset Samsung TV without a remote controller when the TV is misfunctioning.
How to Factory Reset Panasonic TV Without Remote
1. Remove the power cord of the Panasonic TV from the outlet.
2. While unplugging, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons on the TV panel.
3. Let go of the Volume Down button and plug the cord back in.
📌 You should press and hold the Power button while plugging in the cord.
4. Choose what you want to keep and erase on the Panasonic TV.
How to Reset Old Panasonic TV Without a Remote Control
1. Initially, press any TV buttons to make your Panasonic TV run in standby mode.
2. Press and hold the Function (F) and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
3. It will reboot your Panasonic TV by clearing the data.
How to Change Panasonic TV Password
It is mandatory to know the Panasonic TV password if you want to reset it. If you have forgotten the password, you should change it.
1. Press and hold the Menu and Volume Down buttons together on the Panasonic TV remote.
2. Hold these buttons for at least 10 seconds.
3. It will get back to the factory settings of the Panasonic TV. So you can create a new password after it gets restarted.
Note: Take a quick look at the steps to set up and use Panasonic TV Remote App when you don’t want to reset the original remote.
How to Reset Panasonic TV using Google TV
1. Connect your Android or iOS device and Panasonic TV to the same WIFI network.
2. Install the Google TV app on your smartphone.
3. Open the Google TV app.
4. Next, click the Remote icon at the bottom right.
5. Then choose your Panasonic TV.
6. Enter the code on the TV screen and click on Pair.
7. Once the remote interface appears, click the Menu button.
8. Go to Setup and then select System.
9. Under the system settings, click on Factory defaults.
10. If prompted, click Yes to confirm the reset.
Frequently Asked Questions
Firstly, replace the old batteries with newer ones. After that, power cycle the Panasonic TV. To do that, unplug the power cord from the outlet and keep it aside for 60 seconds. Later, plug the cable back in and start to use it.
Switch off your Panasonic TV by holding the physical power button. Hold the button until it stops the red light on the Panasonic TV. Next, remove the power cord from the socket. Now you must wait 3-5 minutes to drain the power residuals. Lastly, turn on Panasonic TV and check if the issues have been resolved.