How to Connect Panasonic TV to WIFI With or Without a Remote
- Connect a wireless keyboard or mouse to control your Panasonic TV.
- Press the TV panel keys to access the main menu and then connect to WIFI via Network settings.
- Using the Remote App: Connect your Panasonic TV and smartphone to the same WIFI → Open Panasonic TV Remote 2 → Select your Panasonic TV → Use the remote interface to control the TV.
- You can also access the internet on Panasonic TV using a wired connection.
- Buy a new universal remote for Panasonic TV to conveniently use it as a remote.
Panasonic is a Japanese multinational brand that manufactures TV, Audio, Headphones, Air conditioners, Microwave ovens, and Personal Care products. Unfortunately, they discontinued the production of TVs in 2016. For watching movies and series online, you should connect Panasonic TV to the internet. If the Panasonic TV remote is not working, use a keyboard, TV buttons, or remote app to connect Panasonic TV to WIFI without a remote.
How to Connect Panasonic TV to WIFI Without Remote
The following are the useful methods to connect your Panasonic TV to a WIFI network without using a remote.
Connect Panasonic TV to WIFI using Keyboard/Mouse
Smart TVs generally provide at least 2 or 3 USB ports to connect an external device to your TV. So, you can plug in a wired/wireless keyboard or mouse and start controlling your TV. To connect a wireless device, plug the USB adapter into the USB port and then turn on your Panasonic TV. Notably, some keyboard comes with built-in touchpads to use as a mouse. You can use keyboards like Logitech K400 Plus, Logitech K600 TV, and Logitech K400 for easy navigation.
Note: Like connecting to WIFI, you shall reset your Panasonic TV With/Without a remote controller.
Connect Panasonic TV to WIFI using TV Buttons
You can always use the TV buttons whenever the Panasonic TV remote is not working. The physical buttons are located on the left or right back side of your TV. Turn on your Panasonic TV and then press the Menu button. Next, scroll down using the channel buttons and choose Network → Network Connection. After that, select your WIFI from the list.
📌 Upon selecting a new WIFI network, you must enter a password. In this case, you will need a keyboard to enter something.
Connect Panasonic Viera TV to WIFI using Smartphone
If you want to control your Panasonic TV from your smartphone, there is a way. Panasonic TV Remote 2 is an application to wirelessly control Panasonic Viera Smart TVs and manage TV settings. However, this app will work only if the devices are connected to the same WIFI network.
- Go to Settings → Network → TV Remote App Settings → TV Remote → On.
1. Download the Panasonic TV Remote 2 app on Android or iOS from the Google Play Store or App Store.
2. After the installation, open the Panasonic TV Remote 2 app.
3. Select your Panasonic Viera TV from the available devices.
4. Upon selection, you will get a remote interface to control the TV.
- If required, you can connect your Panasonic TV to a new WIFI using this app.
Note: You can check out the Panasonic TV Universal Remote Codes to connect to the TV when the original remote isn’t working.
Connect Panasonic TV to the Internet using Ethernet
You can use an ethernet cable to connect the wireless router to Panasonic TV. Generally, an ethernet is better regarding network stability, lower latency, and internet speed. If you don’t have an ethernet cable, it is recommended to purchase a Dbillionda Cat8 ethernet cable available on Amazon. Depending upon the requirements, buy an appropriate size to get sufficient cable length. To set up a wired connection, connect one end of the ethernet cable to the Panasonic TV and the other to the router.
Connect Panasonic TV to WIFI using the Universal Remote
If the Panasonic TV remote is not working, you should buy a new universal remote. These remotes are very cheaper than the original remotes, so you can go with this. Moreover, there is no need for programming since it works with Infrared technology. The remote is compatible with all Panasonic LCD, LED, and Smart TVs. Notably, you should buy 2 AAA batteries additionally for the remote.
Note: If your Panasonic remote TV remote isn’t working, you shall set up and use Panasonic TV Remote App to control the TV.
How to Connect Panasonic TV to WIFI With Remote
1. Press the Menu button on the Panasonic TV remote.
2. From the list of options, select Network.
3. Following that, click on Network Connection.
4. Select the Quick setup or Custom option on the TV screen.
5. It will start searching for nearby WIFI networks.
6. Select the WIFI network and enter the password to connect.
7. Once connected, you will get a confirmation on the TV screen.
Frequently Asked Question
If the WIFi signals are poor, your Panasonic TV won’t connect to a WIFI network. To fix this issue, unplug the router and wait for about 60 seconds. Later, plug the router cable back in and check whether the internet connection is good. If necessary, you can click the Reset button on the router.