How to Reset Philips TV Without Remote [4 Ways]
- Soft Reset Without Remote: Plug the TV cord into the source → Press the Power button → Hold it for 15 seconds → Release the button once it gets rebooted.
- Hard Reset Philips Smart TV: Go to Settings → All Settings → General Settings → Reinstall TV → Enter PIN.
- Reset Philips Android TV: Navigate to Settings → Device Settings → Storage & Reset → Factory data reset → Erase Everything.
- Reset Philips Roku TV: Tap Settings → Advanced system settings → Factory reset → Factory reset everything.
- Reset Philips Google TV: Click Profile icon → System → About → Reset → Factory Data Reset → Erase Everything.
- You can use the Philips TV Remote app, Google TV Remote app, or Roku Remote app on your smartphone to reset the TV without a remote.
- Service Menu: Press Power and Menu buttons → Service Menu → Factory Reset → Reset.
- You can also connect the keyboard and mouse to your Philips Smart TV to perform the factory reset.
If your Philips TV’s performance is slow or fails to detect HDMI devices, you can perform a reset using the remote. What if the Philips TV remote is not working? No worries, you can also reset the Philips Smart TV without using a remote control. You can use the Physical buttons on the TV panel, remote apps, or external devices like keyboard, mouse, etc., to reset the Philips TV to factory settings. The procedures to reset the Philips Smart TV slightly vary based on the TV’s Operating System you use.
In this article, we have included the steps to reset all the models of Philips Smart TV without a remote.
When Should I Reset Philips TV
It is recommended to reset the Philips TV if you have experienced the following reasons.
|1||If the Philips TV is not connecting to a wireless network|
|2||When the Philips TV is not responding to the remote commands|
|3||If the TV apps are crashing while streaming any content|
|4||When you are selling your Philips TV, a factory reset is essential|
|5||If the Philips TV has a delayed response or keeps freezing|
|6||When you see the vertical lines on the Philips TV screen|
How to Soft Reset Philips TV Without Remote
Philips TV provides dedicated physical buttons to turn on/off your TV, modify settings, change input, adjust the volume, or change TV channels. If you encounter an issue on Philips TV, it is recommended to soft reset the TV before doing a hard reset.
1. Initially, plug the TV cord of Philips TV into the power source.
2. Press the physical power button for about 15 seconds to switch off your TV.
3. It will take some time to reboot.
4. Once the TV is turned on, release the power button.
In most cases, a soft reset is enough to fix any issue on your TV. If the problem persists, you need to reset your Philips TV to factory defaults.
How to Hard Reset Philips TV Without Remote
You can use the buttons on the Philips TV panel to reset your TV. Before proceeding to the steps, you should turn off the child lock feature on your TV to access all the physical buttons.
Based on the Philips TV you use, refer to the steps below to factory reset the device.
Reset Philips Smart TV
1. On your Philips TV panel, press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
2. It will display the menu options.
3. Press the C+ and C- buttons to scroll up or down through the options.
4. To highlight or choose an option, press the Volume buttons.
5. Then go to Settings from the menu.
6. Scroll to the bottom and click on All Settings.
7. Tap General Settings and hit the option Reinstall TV.
7. Further, type the PIN to begin the reset.
8. Lastly, click OK.
9. To close the TV menu, press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
Hard Reset Philips Android TV
1. Turn On the Philips Smart TV and navigate to Settings using the buttons on the TV Panel.
2. Under Device Settings, select Storage & Reset.
3. Hit Factory data reset.
4. Click Erase Everything to reset your Philips Android TV.
Reset Philips Roku TV to Factory Defaults
1. Tap the option Settings on the home screen of Philips Roku TV.
2. Hit Advanced system settings and tap the option Factory reset.
3. Click Factory reset everything to start the reset process.
Tip: You can also reset the Philips Roku TV by pressing the Reset button on the TV.
Factory Reset Philips Google TV
1. On the Philips Google TV home screen, tap the Profile icon using the TV buttons.
2. Click Settings and tap the option System.
3. Locate and select the option About.
4. Tap Reset and hit the option Factory Data Reset.
5. Finally, click Erase Everything to reset your Philips Google TV remote.
How to Reset Philips TV using the Philips TV Remote Apps
You can reset the Philips TV with the support of the remote app on your smartphone.
Use Philips TV Remote App
1. Ensure you connect the Philips TV to a WiFi to which your smartphone is connected.
2. Install the Philips TV remote app from the Play Store or App Store on your smartphone.
3. Open the Philips remote app, navigate to Devices, and connect to your Philps TV.
4. Once the connection gets established, you can navigate to Settings → All Settings → General Settings → Reinstall TV → Enter the PIN to initiate the process.
Use the Google TV Remote App
In addition, you can also use the Google TV remote app to reset your Philips Smart TV without a remote. To do it, refer to the steps below.
1. Connect the Philips TV and Smartphone to the same WiFi.
2. Install the Google TV remote app from the Play Store or App Store.
3. After installation, launch the app and tap the Remote icon at the bottom right.
4. From the devices list, select the name of your Philips Google TV name.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair the remote app with your TV.
6. Once done, you can use the Google TV remote app to navigate to Settings and reset the Philips TV.
Similarly, Philips Roku TV users can use the Roku Remote app to reset the TV without a remote control.
How to Reset Philips TV using Service Menu
You can also revamp your Philips TV using the Service Menu with the Physical buttons,
1. Press the Power and Menu buttons simultaneously on the Philips TV.
2. Keep hold of these buttons until you get the Service Menu.
3. Under the Service Menu settings, select Factory Reset.
4. Further, choose Reset to start the process.
How to Reset Philips TV using Keyboard and Mouse
If you have a Philips Android TV, connect the Keyboard and Mouse to the TV Ports and try resetting it. By connecting the Keyboard and Mouse, your Smart TV automatically recognizes new devices. Once you get the notification of a new connection, navigate to Settings to start the reset process. Below, we have listed the models of Philips Android TV that support this method.
How to Reset Philips Smart TV With Remote
1. Press the Home button on the Philips TV remote.
2. Next, select Settings from the top right corner. For some TV models, initially, you need to select All Settings.
3. Scroll down and click on General Settings.
4. Finally, scroll to the bottom, click Reinstall TV, and enter the PIN to begin the reset.
The factory reset will remove channel lists, WIFI passwords, installed apps, and changes on video and audio settings.
Use a Universal Remote to Reset the Philips TV
If your default Philips TV remote doesn’t work, try using the universal remote for Philips TV to reset the device. Before moving into the steps, you need to program the remote using Philips TV remote codes.
1. Ensure the universal remote has active batteries.
2. Position the remote towards your TV and enter the reset code using the remote buttons.
Frequently Asked Questions
Press and hold the Power button on the Philips TV panel for about 5 seconds. This will restart your TV and disable the child lock feature.
Yes. Philips Roku TV will have a reset pinhole button on its backside near the HDMI connections. Use a ballpoint pen or SIM ejector to press the reset pinhole for about 20 seconds to reset the TV.