- Soft Reset: Unplug Philips TV → Hold Power for 15 seconds → Plug TV → Turn it ON.
- Hard Reset Using Physical Buttons:
- Reset Philips Android TV: Go to Settings → Device Settings → Storage & Reset → Factory data reset → Erase Everything.
- Reset Philips Roku TV: Tap Settings → System → Advanced system settings → Factory reset → Factory reset everything.
- Reset Philips Google TV: Click Profile → System → About → Reset → Factory Data Reset → Erase Everything.
- Use the Remote App or external keyboard to reset Philips TV without a remote.
- Using Service Menu: Press Power and Menu buttons → Service Menu → Factory Reset → Reset.
Are you looking for ways to reset the Philips TV without a remote? This guide is for you. The easiest way to reset the Philips TV is by using its physical buttons. If you can’t find the panel buttons, you can use the Philips TV remote app to reset the TV. Optionally, you can connect an external keyboard or mouse to operate the Philips TV and reset it.
In this article, I have explained how to reset the Philips TV without a remote in simple steps.
When Should I Reset Philips TV
You can reset the Philips TV to its factory settings if you encounter the following reasons.
|If the Philips TV is not connecting to the internet connection
|When the Philips TV is not responding to the remote commands
|If the TV apps are crashing while streaming any content
|If you are selling your Philips TV, a factory reset is essential
|If the Philips TV has a delayed response or keeps freezing
|If you see the vertical lines on the Philips TV screen
|When the Philips TV has no signal or no sound from the input
Use Physical Buttons to Soft Reset Philips TV
Philips TV provides dedicated physical buttons to turn your TV on/off, modify settings, adjust the volume, etc. With those buttons, you can adjust the TV volume and change the input on Philips TV without a remote. If you encounter an issue on Philips TV, it is recommended to soft reset the TV before doing a hard reset.
1. Unplug the Philips TV cord into the power source.
2. Press the physical power button for 15 seconds to switch off your TV.
3. It will take some time to reboot.
4. Once the TV is turned on, release the power button.
In most cases, a soft reset is enough to fix any issue on the Philips TV. If the problem persists, reset your Philips TV to factory defaults.
How to Factory Reset the Philips TV Without Remote
You can use the buttons on the Philips TV panel to reset your TV. Before proceeding to the steps, you should turn off the child lock feature on your TV to access all the physical buttons.
Hard Reset Philips Android TV
1. Turn on the Philips TV and navigate to Settings using the buttons on the TV Panel.
2. Under Device Settings, select Storage & Reset.
3. Hit Factory data reset.
4. Click Erase Everything to reset your Philips Android TV.
Reset Philips Roku TV to Factory Defaults
1. Using the TV buttons, go to Settings and select the System option.
2. Hit Advanced system settings and tap the Factory reset option.
3. Click Factory reset everything. Enter the code shown on the Philips Roku TV.
4. Click OK to begin the reset.
Note: You can also reset the Philips Roku TV using a button. Locate the Reset pinhole button on the backside of the Philips Roku TV. Press the Reset pinhole button using a ballpoint pen and hold it until it restarts.
Factory Reset Philips Google TV
1. On the Philips Google TV home screen, tap the Profile icon using the TV buttons.
2. Click Settings and tap the option System.
3. Locate and select the option About.
4. Tap Reset and hit the option Factory Data Reset.
5. Click Erase Everything to reset your Philips Google TV remote.
Use the Remote App to Reset the Philips Smart TV
If the Philips TV remote is not working, you can use the remote app to reset the Philips TV without a remote.
Philips TV Remote App
1. Ensure you connect the Philips TV to a WiFi to which your smartphone is connected.
2. Install the Philips TV Remote app from the Play Store or App Store on your smartphone.
3. Open the Philips TV Remote app and go to Devices.
4. Select your Philips TV to pair the TV with the app.
4. Once the connection gets established, you can navigate to Settings → All Settings → General Settings → Reinstall TV → Enter the PIN to initiate the resetting process.
Note: If the Philips TV remote app is not working, connect the TV and phone to a 2.4 GHz network and try again.
Google TV App
You can use the Google TV remote app to reset your Philips Android TV without a remote. To do it, refer to the steps below.
1. Connect the Philips TV and smartphone to the same WiFi.
2. Install the Google TV app from the Play Store or App Store.
3. Launch the app and tap the Remote icon at the bottom right.
4. From the devices list, select your Philips Google TV name.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair the remote app with your TV.
6. Once done, you can use the Google TV remote app to navigate to Settings and reset the Philips TV.
The Roku App (Official)
Similarly, Philips Roku TV users can use the Roku Remote app to reset the TV without a remote control. Connect your phone to the same WiFi as your Philips Roku TV.
1. Open The Roku App on your smartphone from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Sign in to your Roku account if prompted.
3. Click Devices in the bottom tab and choose Philips Roku TV.
4. Click the Remote icon to get the remote interface once connected.
5. Using the remote interface, go to Settings → Advanced system settings.
6. Select Factory reset → Factory reset everything.
7. Enter the code and click OK to reset the Philips Roku TV.
Use the Service Menu to Reset Philips TV
You can also revamp your Philips TV using the Service Menu with the physical buttons.
1. Press the Power and Menu buttons simultaneously on the Philips TV.
2. Keep hold of these buttons until you get the Service Menu.
3. Under the Service Menu settings, select Factory Reset.
4. Further, choose Reset to start the process.
Use a Keyboard or Mouse to Reset Philips TV
If you have a Philips Android TV, connect the Keyboard and Mouse to the TV port and try resetting it. By connecting the keyboard or mouse, your Smart TV automatically recognizes a new device. Once you get the notification of a new connection, navigate to Settings to start the reset process. We have listed the Philips Android TV models that support this method.
Use a Universal Remote to Reset the Philips TV
1. Turn on the TV and program a Philips universal remote to your device.
2. Point the remote towards the TV and follow the above instructions to reset the Philips TV.
Philips TV Factory Reset Codes
Frequently Asked Questions
Press and hold the Power button on the Philips TV panel for about 5 seconds. This will restart your TV and disable the child lock feature.
Yes. Philips Roku TV will have a reset pinhole button on its backside near the HDMI connections. Use a ballpoint pen or SIM ejector to press the reset pinhole for about 20 seconds to reset the TV.
Press the OK and MUTE buttons for 5 seconds → Press SELECT → Press the Mode (DVD/R/SAT/VCR/AUX/ALL) you want to delete → Press the OK button.
Go to Settings → General Settings → Factory Settings → Confirm the reset.