How to Reset Philips TV Without Remote [2 Ways]
- Soft Reset Without Remote: Plug the TV cord into the source → Press the Power button → Hold it for 15 seconds → Release the button once it gets rebooted.
- Hard Reset Without Remote: Press Volume Up and Volume Down on the TV simultaneously → Go to Settings → Tap Reset AV Settings → Click on Start Now → Tap OK.
If the Philips TV remote is not working or is lost, you can use physical buttons to control your TV. In addition, you can use the Philips TV Remote app to control using an Android or iOS device. For this, connect your Philips TV to the same WIFI network as your smartphone. Apart from that, two ways exist to reset Philips TV without a remote. So, it is mandatory to know how to reset Philips TV to factory settings without a remote.
How to Soft Reset Philips TV Without Remote
Philips TV provides dedicated physical buttons to turn on/off your TV, modify settings, change input, adjust the volume, or change TV channels. If you encounter an issue on Philips TV, it is recommended to soft reset.
1. Initially, plug the TV cord of Philips TV into the source.
2. Press the physical power button for about 15 seconds to switch on your TV.
3. It will take some time to reboot.
4. Once the TV is turned on, you need to release the power button.
💡 In most cases, a soft reset is enough to fix any issue on your TV. Suppose the problem persists, you must reset your Philips TV to factory defaults.
Note: Did you know you can turn on Philips TV without the remote. It is helpful when your remote isn’t working or is lost.
How to Hard Reset Philips TV Without Remote
Note: Before you start, you should turn off the child lock feature to access all the physical buttons.
1. On your Philips TV, press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
2. It will display the menu options.
3. Press P+ and P- buttons to scroll up or down through the options.
4. To highlight or choose an option, press the Volume buttons.
5. Then go to Settings from the menu.
6. Scroll to the bottom and click on Reset AV Settings.
7. Further, select the Start Now option to begin the reset.
8. Lastly, click OK.
9. To close the TV menu, press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
How to Reset Philips TV With Remote
1. Press the Home button on the Philips TV remote.
2. Next, select Settings from the top right corner.
For some TV models, initially you need to select All Settings.
3. Scroll down and click on General Settings.
4. Finally, scroll to the bottom and click Reinstall TV and enter the PIN to begin the reset.
The factory reset will remove channel lists, WIFI passwords, installed apps, and changes on video and audio settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
On the backside of the Philips Roku TV, there is a reset button near the antenna, audio, and HDMI ports. Use a pin or sim ejector tool to press and hold the reset button for about 20 seconds.
Press and hold the Power button on Philips TV for about 5 seconds. Doing so will restart your TV and disables the child lock feature.