How to Turn on Philips TV Without Remote
- Press the physical Power button to turn on your Philips TV without a remote.
- Using Philips TV Remote App: Launch the application → Connect TV and phone to same WIFI → Select TV model → Press the Power button → Done.
- Using Philips Smart TV Remote App: Open the app → Choose Remote type → Select Remote model → Press Power button → Turn on/off the television.
- Using PlayStation 4: Connect PS4 and Philips TV with HDMI cable → Power on PS4 → Settings → System Settings → Check mark Enable HDMI Device Link → Switching on the PS4 will turn on the TV.
- Using Nintendo Switch: Pair Nintendo Switch and Philips TV with dock → Settings → System settings → TV settings → Enable Match TV Power State → Turn on Nintendo Switch to turn on the TV.
- Using Xbox One: Pair Xbox and Philips TV → Click Xbox button → Profile & System → Settings → System → General → TV & Display → TV & AV Power → HDMI-CEC → Console turn on other devices → Switch on Xbox to turn on the TV.
There are various ways to turn on the television, so don’t worry if the Philips TV remote is not working or lost. All Philips TVs come with physical buttons on the TV panel that help to switch on or off the TV, change channels, adjust the volume, etc. Optionally, you can use the remote app on your smartphone to turn on the TV. In addition, you can even use gaming consoles like Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, or Xbox One to turn on the Philips TV.
This article illustrates the detailed guidelines for turning on the Philips TV without a remote.
How to Turn On Philips Smart TV Without Remote
You can choose any method to turn on the Philips TV based on your convenience.
Use Physical Buttons to Turn On Philips TV
This is the easiest way to switch on/off your Philips smart TV. First, locate the physical buttons either on the front side or back side of your Philips TV. There, you can find the Power button. Make sure to turn off the child lock to use the panel keys. Then press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to switch on the TV. You can adjust the TV volume by pressing the volume buttons if necessary.
Use the Official Remote App to Turn On Philips Smart TV
The Philips TV Remote app is an official application for controlling the television from an Android or iPhone. To use this app, connect your Philips TV to WiFi, which should be the same as your phone.
1. Ensure that the Philips TV is turned on.
2. Launch the Philips TV Remote app on your Android or iPhone after the installation.
3. Now select the TV model from the list of options.
4. Upon selection, it will display the remote interface on the mobile screen.
5. Next, click the red power button to turn off the TV. Again, press the power button to turn it on.
If the Philips TV remote app is not working, use a third-party application as an alternative.
Use Third-Party App to Turn On Philips TV
Philips Smart TV Remote is an unofficial application for controlling the TV. This app has plenty of remotes, with which you can turn on the Philips TV using a smartphone’s IR blaster.
1. Launch the Play Store application on your smartphone.
2. Enter the Philips Smart TV Remote app in the search field.
3. Select the corresponding application from the list.
4. Click Install to get the application on your phone.
5. Tap Open to launch the application on your smartphone.
6. Click the IR option to control the television with infrared.
7. Select the appropriate remote model from the options.
8. Now, you can use the remote app to control your TV.
Use the Gaming Console to Turn On Philips TV
If you have a gaming console like PS4, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch, there is another way to turn on the Philips TV.
1. Connect the PS4 to your Philips Smart TV with the help of an HDMI cable.
2. Turn on your PS4 and go to Settings.
3. Select System Settings and mark the Enable HDMI Device Link option.
That’s it! Hereafter, if you turn on the PS4, your Philips TV will be switched on simultaneously.
1. Connect the Nintendo Switch to your Philips Smart TV using the dock.
2. Launch Settings on Nintendo Switch.
3. Choose System settings and then select TV settings.
4. Click on Match TV Power State and enable it.
From now on, turning on the Nintendo Switch will also turn on the Philips TV.
1. Pair the Xbox One and Philips Smart TV using the HDMI CEC cable.
2. Tap on the Xbox button and navigate to Profile & System.
3. Click Settings and select System >> General >> TV & Display >> TV & AV Power option.
4. Check the HDMI-CEC box and choose the Console turns on other devices option.
You’re done. Hereafter, if you turn on the Xbox One, it will also turn on the Philips TV.
Press the Power button on the right/left back of the Philips Roku TV to turn it on.
You can use the TV physical buttons or the IR blaster remote app to increase or decrease the volume on the Philips TV.
Press the MENU button to launch the main menu, and press the VOLUME button to highlight the option.