How to Connect Philips TV to WIFI Without Remote [5 Methods]
- Press the Physical Buttons on Philips TV to connect to WIFI without using a remote.
- Plug in a wired or wireless keyboard/mouse to connect Philips TV to a WIFI network.
- Connect Philips TV to the internet by connecting your TV with an ethernet cable.
- Using Philips TV Remote App: Connect Philips TV and smartphone to the same WIFI network → Open the Philips TV Remote app → Select your Philips TV → Press the Home button → Tap Settings → select Wireless and Networks → Wired or Wireless → Connect to Network → Wireless → Select your WIFI network.
- Install the Remote for Philips Smart TV app on an IR-supported smartphone to control your Philips TV.
Philips is a universal television brand powered by Roku and Google TV operating systems. It helps users to take their entertainment experience to the next level by streaming millions of apps on their TV. Therefore, you should connect your Philips TV to a wired or wireless network. Whether Philips TV Remote is not working or the remote has been damaged or lost, follow these methods to connect Philips TV to WIFI without using a remote.
How to Connect Philips TV to WIFI Without Remote
Here are the alternate ways to connect your Philips TV to WIFI without using a remote.
Connect Philips TV to WIFI Via TV Panel Keys
Nowadays, it is hard to see panel buttons on most smart TVs. Luckily, Philips TV offers physical buttons to turn on/off your TV, change TV channels, or adjust the volume. Moreover, you can use these buttons to connect your Philips TV to a WIFI network. Before that, make sure to disable the child lock feature.
Steps to Disable Child Lock on Philips TV
1. On the TV panel, press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds to turn off the child lock.
2. Unplug the TV cord from the source and wait for 60 seconds.
3. Plug the cord back in to restart your Philips TV.
📌 This method is supported on Philips TV models with separate Menu, Channel, and Volume keys. In case your Philips TV has only Power and Reset button, then it is impossible to connect your Philips TV to WIFI using physical buttons.
Here are the steps to connect Philips TV to WIFI using the TV panel keys.
1. Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons together or press the Menu button.
2. Use the P+ and P- keys to scroll through the options.
3. Press the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to view the drop-down options.
4. Scroll down and click on Settings and then select Wireless and Networks.
5. Choose Wired or Wireless → Connect to Network → Wireless.
6. It will search for WIFI networks nearby.
7. Select your WIFI network and enter the password using CH+ and CH- buttons.
8. Then, click on Finish once the WIFI is connected.
9. To close the window, press the Volume keys together simultaneously.
Note: It is possible to turn on Philips TV Without a Remote when you cannot turn it on with the remote controller.
Connect Philips TV to WIFI using Keyboard or Mouse
Philips TV has dedicated USB ports to connect any wired or wireless keyboard/mouse. Therefore, you can easily control your Philips TV and connect it to any WIFI network you want. Simply plug the wireless USB adapter into the TV’s port and start using it. It is recommended to use Logitech K400 Plus wireless keyboard that features a built-in touchpad for easy navigation.
Connect Philips TV to Internet Using Ethernet Cable
Alternatively, connect your Philips TV to a wireless router using an ethernet cable. Connect one end of the ethernet cable to your Philips TV and the other end to a router. It is recommended to use DbillionDa Cat 8 Ethernet cable, which delivers high-speed bandwidth and is suitable for all Philips TV models. Once the cable is connected to the port, go to Settings → Wireless and Networks → Wired or Wireless → Connect to Network → Wired Connection.
💡 Make sure to use a keyboard/mouse or remote app to control Philips TV and navigate through the menu.
Connect Philips Smart TV to WIFI Using Philips TV Remote App
Philips TV Remote is an application to control your Philips TV from an iOS or Android device. To connect your Philips TV to WIFI, you must have at least two smartphones. Follow the instructions given below to setup and use Philips TV Remote App.
1. Install the Philips TV Remote app on your first smartphone from Google Play or App Store.
2. From the second smartphone, go to Settings and turn on WIFI Hotspot.
3. Ensure to rename the Mobile Hotspot and change its password to the same as the old WIFI network.
4. Connect your first smartphone to this WIFI Hotspot.
5. Turn on your Philips TV and open the Philips TV Remote app on your smartphone.
6. Your Philips TV will be connected to this WIFI hotspot automatically as it has the same WIFI name and password.
7. On your smartphone, select your Philips TV once it is detected.
8. Finally, use the remote control to connect your Philips TV to WIFI.
Connect Philips Roku TV to WIFI Using IR Remote App
If your smartphone has an IR blaster by default, you can control Philips TV using an IR-based remote app. Remote for Philips Smart TV is one of the best remote control apps for Philips TV available on the Google Play Store. Simply install the app on your smartphone and start using it as a remote control. Then go to Network Settings and connect your Philips TV to a WIFI network.
Frequently Asked Questions
Press the Home button on the remote. Scroll to the bottom and click on Settings. Further, select Wireless and networks. Under this section, choose Wired or Wi-Fi. Next, click on Connect to Network → Wireless and then press OK. From the list of WIFI networks, select your WIFI network. After that, enter the password to connect.
Unplug the cord of the Philips TV from the source. Leave it for a while, for about 30 seconds. Then plug the cable back in. Meanwhile, you should restart the router to fix internet connectivity issues.