How to Fix Sony TV Remote Not Working Issue
Sony Bravia is a world-class brand, manufacturing TVs with the latest technologies to watch your favorite TV channels in high definition. It works on the Android operating system that lets you explore 700,000+ movies, TV shows, live TV, etc. Sony TV also supports voice control using Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. But you might encounter situations where the Sony Tv remote is not working anymore. So, it is good to know the causes and fixes to solve the issue yourself.
Fixes For Sony TV Remote Not Working
Few reliable troubleshooting methods may help us fix the Sony TV not working issue. So, we should be aware of the key factors causing the problem and prevent it from happening again.
Check For Physical Defects
First, ensure the remote doesn’t have any physical damage. If you find that your remote is broken inside, it won’t work. So, you have to purchase a new remote to control your Sony TV. You can contact the Sony service center in your region to get a newer one.
Replace Remote Batteries
If the remote doesn’t have sufficient charge, it will not work properly.
1. Take your Sony TV remote and remove the batteries from its compartment.
2. Hold the Power button for up to 10 seconds.
3. Doing so will remove the power residuals and reset your remote.
4. After a minute, re-insert the batteries back into the remote compartment.
5. Now, try to operate the Sony TV remote to check whether it is working.
Check Remote Buttons
If a problem is with the remote button, you won’t be able to use it.
1. Open the camera on your smartphone and hold it in front of your Sony TV remote.
2. Press any button on the remote.
3. If the infrared light flashes when you press the remote button, it works correctly. However, the remote has an issue if you cannot see any light.
Remove Obstructions in the Line of Sight
The TV remote control generally sends IR signals from the transmitters to the receivers. So, the remote requires a direct line of sight to pass the IR beam to the sensor. In addition, keep the obstacles in front of your TV if there are any electronic devices. Also, wipe your TV sensor to ensure there are no smudges. You should operate your TV remote at a distance of fewer than 10 feet.
Repair Voice Recognition Feature
1. In front of the Sony TV remote, locate the status LED light of the MIC button.
2. If there is an issue with the connection, you will see an amber LED light.
3. Then you have to restart your Sony TV to fix it.
4. Next, press the Home button.
5. Go to Settings and select the Voice Remote Control option.
Note: It may be named as Remote Control or Remote & Accessories based on your Sony TV model.
6. Further, click on Activate MIC Button.
Check the Sony TV remote whether it functions normally or not.
Power Cycle the Sony TV
Power cycling is another simple method to resolve the issue.
1. Initially, unplug the power cord of your TV once you turn it off.
2. Wait for up to three minutes.
3. Next, plug in the power cord and turn on your Sony TV.
At last, use the remote to identify whether the issue has been resolved.
Update your Sony TV
Updating your Sony TV to the latest version is mandatory for advanced security and optimized performance.
1. Launch Settings on your Sony TV.
2. Scroll down and click on Support & Settings.
3. Further, select System software update → Software update.
4. Wait until the update is finished.
Later, press the buttons on the Sony TV remote to ensure the issues are solved.
Check the TV Input
1. From your Sony TV remote, press the Input button.
2. Choose the appropriate TV input source from the list of options like HDMI 1, HDMI2, HDMI3, and Blu-Ray.
Note: If you have selected the other TV modes, you will not be able to change the channels on TV.
3. You can simply press the TV button on the remote to switch between TV inputs.
Reset Sony TV Remote
1. Firstly, remove the batteries from your Sony TV remote.
2. Press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds.
3. After a while, re-insert the batteries back into the remote.
4. Following that, pair your Sony TV and see if the errors have been cleared.
Factory Reset Sony TV
If the above methods don’t resolve the issue, it is recommended to factory reset Sony TV. But keep in mind it will completely erase the data.
1. Tap the Home button on your remote and select Settings.
2. Click on Storage & Reset.
3. Further, tap Factory Data Reset.
4. On the next screen, click on Erase everything.
You must contact Sony customer support if the above methods do not fix the problems. Further, explain the issue using the live chat to get it sorted. Alternatively, we can also use the Sony TV remote app and control your TV via smartphones.
Make sure to insert the batteries into the remote compartment by checking positive and negative polarities.