How to Turn on Sony TV Without Remote [2 Methods]
- On Google TV App – select Remote icon → Search device → Pair Remote app → press Power button
- Control TV by using the Physical button on the TV.
Sony is the largest consumer electronics brand loved by millions of people worldwide. Likewise, Sony smart TV offers competitive features for all the models ranging from budgeted segments to premium products. It has immersive TVs, including OLED TV, Smart TV, HD Ready TV, LED TV, and LCD TV. Since smart TVs work on Android OS, you can download and use apps from the Google Play Store. With the remote controller apps, you can even turn on Sony TV without using a remote or when the Sony TV remote is not working.
Ways to Turn on Sony TV Without a Remote
Here are the other ways to turn on Sony TV without using a remote,
- Using the Google TV app
- Using the TV panel button
Using the Google TV App
The Sony Smart TV remote app can be used as an alternative to control the TVs. Google TV is an official remote application to control any Android TV. Before continuing the steps, make sure to connect your Sony TV and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
1. First, install the Google TV app on your Android or iPhone devices.
- For Android: Google Play
- For iOS: App Store
2. Open the Google TV app.
3. Tap the Remote icon at the bottom right corner.
4. When it starts searching for nearby devices, select your Sony TV.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your smartphone with the TV.
6. Next, the remote interface will appear. Click the Power button to turn off your Sony TV.
7. Again, press the Power button to turn on your Sony smart TV.
Using the TV Panel Button
There will be physical buttons on the TV to turn on or off when the remote fails to work. You can find the panel keys either on the underside, left, or right-hand back side of your Sony TV. It also includes volume and channel buttons. The power button will be located in between the volume control buttons. So, if you would like to turn on your Sony TV, simply long press the power button.
You can buy a replacement remote for Sony TV at an affordable cost. Those remotes work perfectly like an original remote provided with all the functions you need. If you want a replacement remote, buy it from reputed e-commerce sites like Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart.
Initially, locate the Power button on your Sony Bravia TV. Then, press and hold the Power for about 3-5 seconds to turn off your TV.
Most TVs have a volume button next to the power button. It can adjust the volume as and when required without a remote. Alternatively, we can also use the Remote application available for our smartphones by using IR or connecting the devices to the same WiFi network.