How to Connect Sony TV to WIFI Without Remote
- Using Keyboard/Mouse: Go to Settings → Network → Network Setup → Wireless Setup → WIFI.
- Sony Companion App: Install TV SideView App → Use Remote Interface → Connect TV to a WIFI network.
- Streaming Device: Plug in Firestick/Roku to Sony TV → Access the internet
- Via Ethernet Cable: Connect Sony TV to WIFI Router with an ethernet cable → Sony TV Settings → Network → Network Setup → Set up network connection → Follow screen instructions.
- Mobile Hotspot: It is possible to connect Sony TV to WIFI using the mobile hotspot.
Sony Bravia TV can be operated even without the physical remote controller. When the Sony TV remote is not working, is physically damaged, or you lost it, you look for alternative ways to handle the basic things on the TV. It is especially true when you want to connect the Sony TV to WIFI. If you wonder how to connect Sony TV to WIFI without a remote, there is more than one way.
How to Connect Sony TV to WIFI Without Remote
Just like you turn on the Sony TV without the remote, the procedure to connect it to WIFI or the internet without a remote is simple.
Connect Sony TV to WIFI using a Keyboard or Mouse
As Sony TV is compatible with a mouse and a keyboard, you can use any to control the TV.
1. First, plug your mouse and keyboard into the USB ports of your TV.
Note: You can also use a wireless mouse and a keyboard if you have.
2. You will see a mouse cursor on the TV screen if it detects automatically.
3. To connect to WIFI, move the mouse pointer to go to Settings and then click on Network.
4. Further, select the Network Setup option.
5. Select Wireless setup and choose the desired WIFI network that you want to connect.
Connect Sony TV to WIFI using Sony Remote App
Video & TV SideView is an official remote control app for Sony TV available on the Google Play Store. However, this app will work only if your smartphone and TV are connected to the same WIFI network.
1. Install the Video & TV SideView app on your Android smartphone.
2. Open Video & TV SideView and select your Sony TV.
Note: The app will detect your TV automatically if both devices are on the same WIFI network.
3. Upon selection, the remote interface will appear on your smartphone screen.
From now onwards, you can use this app to connect it to a new WIFI network.
Note: You shall get complete details on how to set up and use Sony TV Remote app if you prefer to control the smart TV from your smartphone.
Connect Sony TV to WIFI using Streaming Devices
If you plug in an Amazon Firestick or Roku into your Sony TV, it will automatically connect it to the previous WIFI network. In some cases, it will connect to the wired connection. To connect to WIFI, you can use the TV SideView app.
1. From the TV SideView app, click the Home button once.
2. Go to Settings and choose Network.
3. Next, tap Network setup → Set up network connection/Wireless Setup.
4. Select a WIFI network from the list.
5. Enter the password and tap OK to connect.
How to Connect Sony TV to Internet Without Remote Via WIFI Router
Optionally, you can connect your Sony TV to a WIFI router to get internet access. So, you must purchase an ethernet cable like DbillionDa Cat8 online. The cable has better stability and faster connectivity to the internet.
Depending on the requirements, purchase the longest one. Later, connect one end of the cable to the WIFI router and the other to the Sony TV’s ethernet port. From the TV SideView app, you can check whether the TV is connected to the internet. If it is not connected, go to Settings and select the Wired Network using the TV SideView app.
Connect Sony TV to WIFI Via Mobile Hotspot
If there is no WIFI router, create a WIFI hotspot from the smartphone and connect your Sony TV with it. Be aware of it, because it will consume more internet. For streaming 1080p HD or 4K content, upgrade your internet plan. You can also create a WIFI hotspot from your computer, laptop, or tablet.
Buy a Replacement Remote
You can buy the Sony TV universal remote or replacement remotes on Amazon, a one-stop solution for any problems. Instead of searching for a mouse, a keyboard, or an ethernet cable, purchase a Sony TV replacement remote. Before buying, check whether it can support your Sony TV. If you don’t get new batteries with the remote, purchase branded AAA batteries and insert them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sony TV will not connect to WIFI if you enter the incorrect password. In other cases, you must reset the WIFI settings to defaults to fix the issue. To reset Sony TV, go to Settings and click Privacy & Safety. Next, tap Factory data reset from the options. Click the Enter button to confirm.
First, click the Home button on the remote and visit Settings. Select Network from the menu and choose Network setup. After that, select Wireless Setup. Further, click on your WIFI hotspot name and enter the password. Lastly, click on OK to connect.