How to Change Input on Sony TV With/Without Remote
- Press the Input button on the Sony TV panel to change the input.
- Using the TV SideView App: Connect Sony TV and smartphone to the same WIFI → Open the Video & TV SideView app → Click Add Device to add Sony TV → Select Remote → Scroll and change the Input
- Use a wired/wireless keyboard to change the input on Sony TV.
- From Android or iOS, use the Google TV app as a remote control to change the source.
- Use a Sony TV replacement remote to change the input on Sony TV.
Sony TV will have at least three HDMI ports to connect a cable box, satellite receiver, DVD, or any streaming device. It has a Bravia sync feature that can change the input automatically whenever you plug in a new device. In addition, numerous methods exist to change the input on Sony TV without using a remote.
How to Change Input on Sony TV With Remote
- On the Sony TV remote, press the INPUT button at the top left corner.
- A list of input sources will be displayed on the Sony TV screen.
- Select the required input using the directional arrow keys.
- Click the ENTER/OK button in the middle of the directional keys to confirm the selection.
Note: Like changing the input, you shall Connect Sony TV to the WIFI Without a Remote.
How to Change Input on Sony Bravia TV Without Remote
- Physical Buttons on Sony TV
- Using the TV SideView App
- Using a Keyboard or Mouse
- Pressing Random Keys on the TV
- Using Third-party Remote Apps
Change HDMI on Sony TV using the Physical Buttons
It is possible to use the physical buttons to control the Sony TV in an emergency. The input button is primarily located on the backside of the TV panel. Once you have identified it, press the Input button. Then it will display the list of sources. Again press the Input button continuously to highlight a source from the options. If the option is highlighted for 3 seconds, it will be automatically selected as the new input.
Change Input on Sony TV using the TV SideView App
Video & TV SideView: Remote is an Android application on the Google Play Store. You can download and use this app to virtually control your Sony TV.
- First of all, connect your Sony TV to the same WIFI network as your smartphone.
- Open the TV SideView app. It will automatically detect the Sony TV using the IP address.
- Further, click on Add Device.
- Then, click the Remote option from the left sidebar to access the remote.
- Scroll below and choose the required HDMI input you want to change.
Change Input on Sony TV using a Keyboard/Mouse
It is easy to control your Sony TV by connecting a keyboard or mouse. For convenience, use a wireless keyboard or mouse to operate from a particular distance. Just plug the USB adapter of the wireless mouse into the TV’s port. Then wait for a few seconds. You will see a mouse pointer on the TV screen. Go to Settings and choose External Inputs. After that, click on Manage Inputs. At last, select the Input you want to switch.
Note: If you lost the remote or if it is damaged, there are two ways in which you can Turn on Sony TV Without a Remote.
Change Input on Sony TV using Random Keys
You can also use the Menu and Channel buttons to change the source on Sony TV.
- Press the power button to switch off your Sony TV and turn it on.
- Once you see the Sony logo, press the Menu and Channel Up/Down buttons together.
- Then scroll through the input options to choose one.
- If the required input is highlighted, click the Select button to confirm.
Change Input on Sony TV using Third-Party Remote Apps
If your smartphone has an IR blaster feature, download a third-party remote control app to control your Sony TV. Some popular Sony TV remote apps include TV Remote for Sony TV, SonyMote, and Remote for Sony Bravia TV. In addition, you can even use the Google TV app as remote control from Android or iOS devices.
Bonus: Buy a Universal Remote
Nowadays, universal remotes are available on Amazon and Walmart at a reasonable price. This is a convenient way to change the source on Sony TV without any hustle. Moreover, the universal remote for Sony TV is advantageous as it can control multiple devices at the same time. If necessary, you can purchase a voice control remote for easy navigation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Turn on your Sony TV and go to Settings. Then select External inputs → Manage Inputs. On the next screen, select the desired input under streaming channels. After that, click on Label and then choose Custom. Now, you can rename the input as you wish.
The INPUT button is on the upper left corner near the microphone button or just above the number pad of the Sony TV remote.