How to Fix Apple TV Remote App Not Working Issue
Apple TV remote App is an efficient option to control the Apple TV via smartphone. It is now available by default in the Control Center for the latest version of iOS and iPadOS devices. Moreover, it would greatly help when the Apple TV remote is not working. The Apple TV remote’s volume button will work with AirPlay compatible devices, including Homepod, Speakers, or soundbar. However, there are instances when the users have also reported on Apple TV remote app not working. So, try out the possible troubleshooting methods to fix the issue yourself.
Methods to Fix Apple TV Remote App Not Working Issue
There can be several reasons for an Apple TV remote to stop working. The most common issue arises when there is an unstable WiFi network. Or, even the Phone and the TV are not connected to the same WiFi. But, we should be aware of the reason for the issue to prevent it from happening next time. And also, try out the possible troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and see what works for you.
Check the Internet Connection
The Apple TV Remote App might not work even if all the devices aren’t connected to the same WiFi. Moreover, even if the devices are connected to the same WiFi network, then check if the connection is stable.
- Settings>> WiFi, and check if the devices are connected to the correct WiFi network.
- Click on the WiFi option available in the screen’s top-left corner. And check if you have connected the Mac device to the right WiFi network.
- Settings>>General>>Network>> WiFi, and make sure the Apple TV is connected to the same WiFi network as your Apple Devices.
Check for Software Update
If your iOS device or the Apple TV is not up-to-date with the latest version, the Apple TV Remote app will not work properly.
1. Launch the Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Choose General from the list.
3. After that, select Software Update.
4. Click on Download and install if it displays any updates.
Tip: The latest version of iOS and iPadOS is 15.6.1.
1. Click on the Apple icon at the top-right corner.
2. Scroll down, and tap on the System Preference option.
3. Navigate to the Software Update option and check if any updates are available.
4. Finally, click on Update Now to complete the process.
The steps to update your Apple TV might vary depending on the model of your device.
For Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD
1. Open Settings.
2. Select System → Software Updates.
3. Next, click on Update Software.
4. Tap Download and Install if there is an update.
This will take some time to update. Later, it will restart automatically to finish the update.
For Apple TV (3rd Generation)
1. Open Settings on your Apple TV.
2. Click on General → Software Updates.
3. Further, tap Update Software.
4. Finally, click on Download and install if it displays any updates available.
After downloading the update, it will restart automatically to finish the update.
Enable Home Sharing on Devices
Home Sharing is a feature that is exclusive for Apple devices to pair with the other Apple devices under the same WiFi network. So, check that the Home Sharing feature is enabled on all the associated devices.
- Launch the Remote app on your iOS device. If the Home Sharing feature is not enabled, Click the Use Home Sharing option on the app. Now, sign in with the Apple ID. But if the feature is already enabled, navigate to the Settings option to confirm the same.
- Navigate to Menu>>System Preference>> Sharing>> Media Sharing and check if the Home Sharing is enabled.
- Go to Settings>>Users and Accounts>>Home Sharing, and turn on the Home Sharing option by signing in with your Apple ID.
Restart Apple Devices
At times, we might have to restart all the Apple devices to neglect the temporary internal errors. These errors can also stop the Apple TV remote from working normally.
- The simple process to restart your iOS device would be to turn off the device completely by pressing the power button. Now, swipe to the right on the slider that appears on the screen. You can turn on the iPhone by holding the power button again to complete the restarting process.
- Go to the Apple icon at the top-left corner, and click on the Restart option from the drop-down list.
- Navigate to the Settings option and click on the System tab. Now, click on the Restart option.
After trying out all the possible troubleshooting methods, if the issue is still not solved, then check if the Apple TV remote app is up-to-date. Finally, you can reach out to Apple Customer support, who would be able to help you better. Alternatively, we can set up and use the new Apple TV remote or reset the old Apple TV remote if it is not working.
If the Apple TV remote app is not connecting to the Apple TV, then ensure the Apple device’s software is up-to-date. And also, check if both the devices are connected to the same WiFi network. Finally, try restarting the devices and check if the issue is fixed.