How to Connect Apple TV to WiFi Without Remote
- Using Ethernet Cable – Connect Cable to TV & Router → Turn on Apple TV → Go to Control Center on iOS → Select Remote icon → Select Device → Enter Passcode → Go to Setting → Tap Remotes & Devices → Press Remote buttons → Go to Network Settings → Connect to WiFi.
- Using KeyBoard – Enable Pairing Mode → Go to Settings on Apple TV → Click Remotes & Device → Tap Bluetooth → Select Device → Enter Code → Connect to WiFi.
Apple TV is a digital streaming device for watching movies, TV shows, and live TV and supports video quality upto 4K resolution. With the Siri remote, you can control your device with voice commands. However, you must connect your Apple TV to the internet to access everything. Notably, there are many ways to connect Apple TV to WiFi without a remote. So, it would be a great help for us, as we encounter instances like Apple TV remote not working or misplaced.
Connect Apple TV to WiFi Without a Remote
In situations when the Apple TV remote is not working, you are still looking for an option to control the Apple TV and connect it to the WiFi without a remote. Here are some of the reliable methods to do it.
Using Ethernet Cable
This method requires an ethernet cable and an infrared remote. In addition, you need an iPhone or iPad which is compatible with the Apple TV Remote.
1. First of all, connect one end of an ethernet cable to the TV.
2. Connect the cable’s other end to the WiFi router.
3. After that, switch on the Apple TV and see whether it starts loading.
Note: If not, press the TV input keys to select the appropriate HDMI input source.
4. From your iPhone or iPad, open the Control Center by swiping up or down based on your device.
5. Click the remote icon and select your Apple TV from the nearby connections.
6. Enter the passcode on your iOS.
Note: The passcode will be displayed on the TV screen upon selecting the Apple TV.
7. Using the remote interface, go to Settings and tap Remotes and Devices.
8. Select Learn Remote.
9. Now press the Infrared remote buttons to make your Apple TV recognize it.
10. Finally, go to Network settings and select your WiFi using the IR remote.
Using a Bluetooth Keyboard
You can use the Apple TV Remote on your smartphone until you pair a Bluetooth keyboard.
1. Firstly, enable the pairing mode on your Bluetooth keyboard.
2. Open Settings on Apple TV and click on Remote and Devices.
3. Then tap Bluetooth.
4. Select your Bluetooth keyboard name from the devices.
5. Enter the 4-digit code to pair.
Start using the keyboard to connect your Apple TV to WiFi.
Using a Smart TV Remote
Surprisingly, many smart TV remotes are capable of operating Apple TV. You can use the directional arrows on the smart TV remote to highlight or choose any option. Likewise, you can go to Settings → Network → WiFi. You can also use the Apple TV Remote App on your device if necessary.
Rename Hotspot to Same Name as WiFi
You can create a hotspot from your iOS device and connect your Apple TV with this one. This is possible if you rename the hotspot exactly as your previous WiFi network name. As a result, your Apple TV will recognize this WiFi as the old one and connect to it automatically.
1. Go to Settings on your iOS device.
2. Click on General → About.
3. Choose the Name option.
4. Now rename it to the home WiFi network and click Done.
That’s it! If you turn on WiFi on your Apple TV, it will automatically connect to your mobile hotspot.
Using the CiderTV App
1. Go to the App Store on your Mac.
2. Search for CiderTV and install the app from the App Store.
3. Enable Bluetooth on your Mac and make it discoverable to other devices.
4. Do not close the Bluetooth preferences window if a pop-up is displayed.
5. Connect your Mac to Apple TV using USB-C to HDMI Adaptor.
6. Turn on your Apple TV.
7. Open the CiderTV app on Mac.
8. Once it recognizes the Apple TV, click on Pair.
9. After successful pairing, use the remote interface to select WiFi.
Note: Visit Settings on your Apple TV → General → Network → Select your WiFi network.
Buy Replacement Remote
If you consider the Siri remote more convenient than using any of these methods, you can purchase a new replacement remote. Apple TV Siri Remote is available on Amazon for $55 (may vary). You can use this remote for Apple TV 4K (1st/2nd gen) and Apple TV HD.
You can connect your iPhone to Apple TV using the lightning cable. Connecting this way allows you to screen mirror media content from your iPhone to your Apple TV.