Telstra TV Remote Not Working: Causes & DIY Fixes
You can control the Telstra TV and the TV Box with the Roku remote controller. However, the Telstra TV does not work when it fails to receive the infrared signal from the remote to the TV. Apart from this, your Telstra TV remote may be damaged, and thus, the remote may not work. In any such scenario, you don’t need to buy a new universal remote immediately. Most often, Telstra TV remote not working problem can be fixed easily by the user by following the basic troubleshooting steps.
Why is Telstra TV Remote Not Working
Some of the major reasons that make your Telstra TV remote not work properly are
|1||Your remote batteries might be expired or weak|
|2||The uncleared signal path between the remote and the TV|
|3||The LED IR blaster on the remote is not clean|
|4||The remote may be damaged and cannot be used|
How to Fix Telstra TV Remote Not Working
When the Telstra TV remote fails to work, you shall follow the steps mentioned below in no particular order to fix the issue.
Check the Batteries on the Remote
Roku simple remote is not a smart remote. It works only with the traditional system of battery and infrared signal. If the batteries on the remote expire, it does not respond to the actions that you are making on the remote. Ensure to change the battery on the remote when you find the remote is working slowly. Also, place the batteries correctly in the battery compartment. Once you have checked or replaced the new batteries close the battery compartment.
(1) Fetch the Telstra TV remote and turn it on the backside.
(2) Press and push the arrow mark on the remote towards the down.
(3) Remove the old batteries that you have used so far.
(4) Replace the new batteries with positive on the side and negative on the negative side.
(5) Close the battery compartment and turn on the Telstra TV.
(6) Now, point the remote towards the Telstra TV box and press the button on the remote or see the actions on the TV.
Clear the Path Between the Remote and the TV
As mentioned above, Telstra TV uses only the infrared signal to control the TV. Ensure to clear the obstacles placed before the TV and remote. Most of the time, the TV does not work with the remote actions if the obstacles stop the path between the remote and the TV.
Always keep a clear path while before making action on the remote. Also, clean the LED IR blaster on the remote at least once a week. Sometimes the IR blaster may be covered with full of dust particles, and at that time, your remote may work to the actions that you are making.
Restart the Telstra TV
Restarting the TV is one of the best ways to fix any troubleshooting problems that occur on the TV. You can restart the Telstra TV in two different ways, such as with and without the remote. If your Telstra TV remote fails to work, you can use the Telstra TV app as the replacement remote. If you haven’t paired the remote app and TV, you can power cycle the TV to restart it.
How to Restart Telstra TV Via Settings
(1) Turn on your Telstra TV and navigate to the home screen.
(2) Scroll down and select the Settings option.
(3) Choose System on the next page.
(4) Click the option Power and tap System restart.
(5) Finally, click the Restart button to restart your Telstra TV.
How to Restart Telstra TV Without Remote or Remote App
(1) Turn off the TV and remove the power cable of the Telstra TV from the power outlet.
(2) Wait for 3-5 minutes.
(3) Connect the power cable to the power socket and turn on the switch.
(4) Now, turn on the Telstra TV and press any buttons on the remote to see the actions on the TV.
Clean the Buttons on the Remote
Sometimes, the remote will not work when dust particles are settled inside the buttons. In this case, you may think that your remote is not working. So clean the remote buttons frequently with a soft cloth or brush to remove the settled remote dust particles on the remote. If you are using the detachable remote, then remove the parts of the remote and clean all the parts separately monthly once to avoid issues related to the remote buttons. After cleaning the buttons on the remote, ensure to check the remote with your TV.
Unpair and Re-pair the Remote from the Telstra TV
The Roku simple remote does not have any special procedure for pairing and re-pairing the remote. You can pair and unpair the remote by removing and re-inserting the batteries.
To Unpair the Telstra TV Remote
(1) Turn on your Telstra TV and fetch the Telstra TV remote.
(2) Remove the batteries to unpair the remote.
(3) Finally, re-insert the batteries on the remote to re-pair the remote.
If the above-mentioned methods do not help you to fix the problem of the Telstra TV remote not working, you can use the official app to control your TV temporarily. Since the Telstra TV uses Roku OS, you can download the Roku app to control the Telstra TV. The application is available on both Play Store and App Store. If you are not interested in using the remote app. you can also buy a brand-new remote or universal remote to control your Telstra TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Telstra TV has an official app on Play Store and App Store to control Telstra TV.