Magnavox Remote Not Working: Causes & DIY Fixes Explained
Magnavox is a leading consumer electronics brand that has been functional since 1974. It is one of the subsidiaries of the electronics giant Philips. If your Magnavox TV remote is not working, there is no need to worry. You shall troubleshoot the issue and fix it immediately. Those with multiple TVs can buy a Magnavox universal remote to control all devices.
Why Magnavox Smart TV Remote Is Not Working
The TV remote stops working due to various reasons. Some of the common reasons are listed as follows.
|1||The remote buttons may get stuck inside if there is a speck of dirt on their edges.|
|2||Magnavox universal remote will not work due to device incompatibility.|
|3||Due to pairing issues, the remote gets disconnected from your TV.|
|4||Because of weak batteries or physical damage, the remote may not work.|
Troubleshooting Guide: Magnavox Remote Not Working
The following are the possible solutions to fix the Magnavox remote not working issue.
Check Remote Batteries
Generally, the remote requires a sufficient charge to work. If you see a delayed response, it indicates that the remote has some issues with the batteries. In such cases, you must replace the old batteries with brand-new ones.
- Remove the battery cover and eject the old batteries from the compartment.
- Rub the battery terminals with a clean cotton cloth to ensure it is clean.
- Now insert the new batteries according to their positive and negative poles.
- Test the remote by pressing the buttons one by one.
Note: If the Onn Roku TV remote is not working, replace the old batteries and test the remote control.
Clean TV Sensor
If there is a speck of dirt on the TV sensor, it can’t receive signals from the Magnavox remote. To fix this, take a clean cotton cloth, dip it with 99% isopropyl alcohol and wipe all the smudge away.
- Never spray the alcohol solution directly because it may sprinkle on the circuit board.
- Avoid using rigid clothes to stop getting scratches on display.
- Refer to the user manual to identify the position of the TV sensor.
Remote Functional Range
Magnavox universal remote works with the help of infrared technology. Therefore, you should operate the remote in a direct line of sight.
- The working distance for any Magnavox universal remote should be less than 30 feet.
- Move the objects like speakers, soundbars, or furniture if they obstruct the TV signals.
- Also, check if the remote is transmitting signals by performing a camera test from your smartphone.
Re-Pair the Remote
Before troubleshooting the Magnavox Roku remote pairing issue, identify the remote type. For programming a Magnavox remote, you should press and keep hold of the Power and SEL buttons for a few seconds.
- If your Magnavox Roku remote has a microphone or magnifying glass icon, it is a voice remote.
- Magnavox Roku remotes with no voice control keys will work using IR signals, no pairing is required.
- For a voice remote, press the Pairing Button and hold it for 5 seconds inside the battery compartment.
- If there is no pairing button, press the Home and Back buttons and hold them for 5 seconds.
Reset Magnavox TV
If Magnavox TV encounters an unexpected error, it may not respond to the TV signals until it gets sorted. In such a situation, you can resolve the issue by soft resetting your TV. You can reset the Magnavox Roku TV without a remote by pressing the reset button on the backside of the TV panel.
- Unplug the Magnavox TV cord from the power source.
- While unplugging the cable, press the Power button and hold it for 10 seconds.
- After one minute, plug the TV cord back in and turn on the Magnavox TV.
- Check whether the remote is working without any issues.
Use The Roku App
You can use The Roku App to control Magnanox Roku TV if the remote has been lost. Therefore, you should connect your smartphone and Magnavox Roku TV to the same WIFI network.
- Install The Roku App on your smartphone from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
- Then launch The Roku App and sign in to your Roku account.
- Click Devices and select your Magnavox Roku TV from the list.
- Tap the Remote icon and start using the remote control.
Contact Magnavox Support
If Magnavox TV doesn’t respond after trying all these methods, it is best to visit the Magnavox support website and proceed with the instructions. You should enter the model number to get related troubleshooting methods. You can see the backside of the Magnavox TV or check the user manual to know the model number.
Buy a Magnavox Universal Remote
Those who have faulty remotes can buy a Magnavox replacement remote online. Such remotes are comparatively cheaper than buying an original remote. The replacement remote for Magnavox is available on Amazon. Make sure to read the product description carefully to choose the compatible remote for your TV.
Bonus Trick: Use Magnavox Universal Remote App
Whether you have ordered a replacement remote or you don’t want to rely on the physical remote controller, you shall rely on Magnavox universal remote app. It is available on the Play Store for Android devices free of cost. The remote app features all the buttons required to control the TV and the playback.
Frequently Asked Question
The remote will not work with new batteries if the battery terminals are dirty. So, you must clean the terminals with a soft cotton cloth. If necessary, use an alcohol solution to remove the dirt.