How to Reset Roku Remote [All Models]
Roku is a popular digital media player to get all your favorite entertainment channels in one place. It comes preinstalled with apps like Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, Prime Video, HBO Max, Spectrum TV, Tubi, and more. If you are using Roku, you may have a simple IR remote or a voice remote (Enhanced remote) to control your device with ease. If your Roku remote is not working properly, you have to reset it immediately to resolve the issue.
Types of Roku Remote
How to Reset Roku Simple IR Remote
The Infrared Roku remote works only when it is operated in a direct line of sight. Make sure it is free from obstructions and nothing blocks while the signal travels towards the IR receiver. The only way to reset your Simple IR remote is to replace its batteries. Simply remove the batteries from the compartment and reinsert them back again after a short interval.
How to Reset Roku Enhanced Remote
1. Take your Roku voice remote and remove the batteries from it.
2. Further, unplug the power cable from the Roku player.
3. Wait for 5-10 seconds and plug it in again.
4. Reinsert the batteries back into your remote when the home screen of Roku appears on the TV.
5. Near the battery compartment, press and hold the reset button for 3-5 seconds.
6. The LED light will start to flash. The pairing light position varies for each model remote.
Note: The status LED may be seen at the front side of the remote or near the reset button.
That’s it! Your Roku voice remote has been reset, and you can pair it again to use.
Alternate Way to Use Roku Remote
If your Roku remote is not working, you can install the Roku app on your smartphone. This is the best choice to control your Roku-connected device without a physical remote.
To begin, connect your Roku-connected TV and your iOS/Android to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Download and install the Roku app on your iOS or Android device.
- Android: Google Play Store
- iOS: App Store
2. Open the Roku app.
3. Sign in to your Roku account to continue.
4. Once the main screen appears, click the Devices tab at the bottom right corner.
5. Select your Roku device from the list of available connections.
6. Next, click the Remote option.
7. The remote interface of Roku will be displayed on your device.
8. Further, use this remote to head to Settings.
9. Choose Remotes & devices → Set up a new device.
10. Tap Remote and click on Continue.
11. With the on-screen instructions, complete the setup process.
You can also use these guidelines to factory reset Roku without using your remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
First of all, unplug your Roku device from the power source and remove the batteries from its compartment. Wait for a few seconds, replug your Roku device, and reinsert the batteries back into your remote. At last, pair your remote to the Roku by pressing the pairing button.
Press the Reset button at the backside of your TV to factory reset Roku TV without using the remote. If the reset button is not available, press and hold the mute and power buttons simultaneously to reset.