How to Reset LG TV Remote [2 Methods]
- LG TV Remote ( 2010 -2011) – Press OK & Mute button → Release button → Remote Flashes thrice → Click Ok
- LG TV Remote ( 2012 -present) – Press Smart/Home & Back/Exit → Light Flashes → Release Button → Point to TV → Click OK
LG is the best-selling television brand offering high picture quality and advanced features. It is power packed with Dolby Vision, AI-enhanced clear audio, and cloud-based gaming. Moreover, it supports all streaming services. With the LG Magic Remote, you can easily control Blu-ray, set-top box, soundbar, and other smart devices. But sometimes, you must reset the LG TV remote when it does not work. And also, the method to reset might vary depending on the model of the remote.
Reasons to Reset the LG Magic Remote
There can be many reasons to stop the LG TV remote from working. Some buttons may not work on the LG Magic Remote due to physical damage. This is the reason behind the remote going unresponsive. In some cases, only the power button is working, and you cannot be able to see the cursor on the screen. Furthermore, you may also be unable to use voice commands to control your TV.
How to Reset LG TV Remote [2010-2011 Models]
1. First, press and hold the Ok and Mute buttons together for some time.
2. Release the buttons once the power light begins to flash. If the remote light flashes thrice, the LG TV Remote has been reset successfully.
3. Press the OK button once you point the remote to your LG TV.
Finally, you will get a notification on the TV screen that your remote has been reset.
How to Reset LG TV Remote [2012-Present Models]
1. At first, press and hold the Smart/Home and Back/Exit buttons simultaneously for 5-10 seconds.
2. If the power light begins to flash, you can release the buttons.
3. Point the remote to your LG TV and press the OK button.
4. A message on the TV screen will mention that your remote has been re-paired.
This is the easiest method to reset both LG Standard and Magic Remote. Simply remove the batteries from the remote compartment and re-insert the batteries back again after a short time. Remember that this method will work with batteries that have sufficient power. Else, replace it with newer batteries.
First, press the Home or Settings key on the side of your LG TV. Then press the Volume or Channel Up and Channel Down keys to go to the General tab. Select Reset Initial Settings. Now enter the password 0000 or 1234 to confirm the reset.
First, you need to replace the old batteries with newer ones. While inserting the batteries, make sure to insert them according to their positive and negative polarities.
If the remote is unregistered, a red LED light will continue to flash until you pair the LG TV remote.