- Reset LG TV Remote ( 2010 -2011): Press OK & Mute buttons → Release the buttons → Indicator light flashes thrice → Click OK.
- Reset LG Magic Remote ( 2012 -present): Press Smart/Home & Back/Exit → Indicator light flashes 3 times → Release Buttons → Aim the remote to television → Click OK.
One of the most annoying problems LG users face is the remote not working. If the LG TV remote is not responding, you will find difficulties in turning on/off the TV, increasing or decreasing the TV volume, changing channels, etc. This happens if the LG Magic Remote fails to pair with the LG TV. We suggest users reset the LG TV remote control to resolve all the problems.
In this article, you will learn the procedure to reset the LG TV remote and make it work without any issues.
When Should I Reset the LG TV Remote
You must reset the LG TV remote if you encounter the following problems.
|LG Magic Remote gets unpaired from the TV by itself
|One or more buttons on the LG TV remote are unresponsive
|Slow responsiveness from the remote or if it requires multiple button presses
|LG Magic Remote cursor is not appearing on the TV screen
|Voice commands on the LG TV remote not functioning properly
|LG Smart TV remote is not working even with new batteries
|If the LG TV remote volume is not working after several tries
|When the Home button is not working on the LG TV remote
How to Reset LG TV Remote [2010-2011 Models]
1. Turn on your LG TV using the physical Power button.
2. First, press and hold the OK and Mute buttons together.
3. Release the buttons if the indicator light begins to flash.
4. If the remote light flashes thrice, it means that the remote has been reset successfully.
5. Now, press the OK button once you aim the remote at your LG TV.
If the remote reset is successful, you will see a confirmation message on the TV.
How to Reset LG TV Remote [2012-Present Models]
If you bought an LG TV after 2012, you will use an LG Magic Remote. The resetting process for the latest LG TV remote is almost similar. However, the positioning of the remote keys will differ for each remote model. For your understanding, we have added an image showing the button combinations, which will help you reset the LG Magic Remote quickly.
1. Press and hold the Smart/Home and Back/Exit buttons simultaneously for 7-10 seconds.
2. If the Power button light flashes three times, you can release the buttons.
3. You have successfully reset the LG Magic Remote.
4. Aim the remote at your LG TV and press the OK button to pair the LG Magic Remote to the TV again.
Buy a Universal Remote
If the LG TV remote is broken due to physical damage, you can avoid resetting the remote. You can buy a new LG Magic Remote on Amazon and use it as a replacement. If you think that the original remote is expensive, you can purchase a universal remote. However, you need to use the remote codes for LG TV to program a universal remote to your TV.
First, press the Home or Settings key on the side of your LG TV. Then press the Volume or Channel Up and Channel Down keys to go to the General tab. Select Reset Initial Settings. Enter the password 0000 or 1234 to reset the LG TV.
Install the remote app for LG TV on your smartphone and use it to control the TV without a remote.