How to Reset LG TV Without Remote [Easy Ways]
- Reset LG TV With Remote: Press the Home button → Click on Settings → Choose General → Select Factory Reset → Click Yes → Enter Password to reset.
- Reset LG TV Without Remote: Open LG ThinQ → Log in to your LG account → Add Product → Select TV → LG TV → Enter the code → Click OK → Press the Home button → Settings → General → Factory Reset → Tap Yes → Enter 0000 or 1234.
- Use the physical buttons on LG TV to reset without using a remote.
If you get any technical issues with your LG TV, you must reset it to fix the errors. In case your LG TV remote is not working, or it has been lost, you should find another way. You can either use the LG ThinQ app or TV panel keys to reset the LG TV without using a remote.
How to Reset LG TV With Remote
1. Press the Home button on the LG TV remote to view the Menu.
2. Next, locate the Settings option and click on it.
3. Scroll down and click on the General option.
4. Scroll down under the General section, and click on Factory Reset.
💡 For some LG TV models, factory reset may be seen as Reset to Initial Settings.
5. If prompted, tap Yes to confirm the reset.
6. Enter the TV password (0000 or 1234) to reset the LG TV to factory defaults.
Note: It is possible to change the input source on LG TV Without a Remote if your remote isn’t working.
How to Reset LG TV Without Remote
The following are the easy ways to reset your LG TV without using a remote.
Reset LG TV using the LG ThinQ App
LG ThinQ is an official application to control your LG using your smartphone. You can download this app free on the Google Play Store or App Store. Connect your smartphone and LG TV to the same WIFI network to start.
1. Install the LG ThinQ app on your Android (Play Store) or iOS (App Store) device.
2. Open the LG ThinQ app after the installation.
3. Log in to your LG account with valid credentials.
4. Click on Add Product and choose TV.
5. Select your LG TV from the list of options.
6. Input the code that appears on the TV screen. Click OK to proceed.
7. Now press the Home button to view the home screen.
8. Go to Settings and click the General section.
9. Further scroll down and click on Factory Reset.
10. If the pop-up appears, select Yes to confirm.
11. Finally, enter the password as 0000 or 1234 to reset your LG TV.
Reset LG TV using the Physical Buttons
Every LG TV will have physical buttons on either the LG logo underneath or the left or right back. Based on the requirements, you can either soft reset or factory reset the LG TV using the panel buttons.
How to Soft Reset LG TV Without Remote
- Press and hold the Power button on LG TV to turn it off.
- Continue to hold the Power button for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Finally, press the Power button to switch on your LG TV.
How to Hard Reset LG TV Without Remote
- Initially, press the Settings button on your LG TV panel.
Note: If there is no settings button, click the Home button on LG TV.
- Press the Volume or Channel buttons to select the General option.
- Scroll down and choose Factory Reset.
- Click on Yes to confirm.
- At last, enter the password 0000 or 1234 to reset LG TV to factory defaults.
Factory Reset LG TV Password Without Remote
You cannot be able to reset the LG TV if you have forgotten the password. Therefore, follow the instructions below to reset your LG TV password without a remote.
1. Open the remote interface on the LG ThinQ app.
2. Press the Home button to display the menu.
3. Then go to Settings → Advanced Settings.
4. Scroll below and choose the Safety option.
5. Further, highlight the Reset PIN Code option.
6. Now, click the Channel Up button twice and press the Channel Down and Channel Up buttons.
7. A pop-up will be displayed. Enter 0313 or 0325 using the number pad.
8. Next, enter 0000 on the safety pop-up window.
9. You will get a notification as you have changed the password.
Hereafter, you should use this new password to reset your LG TV.
Note: If you encounter any issues with the remote, you shall Reset LG Smart TV Remote.
Bonus: Use a Universal Remote
Nowadays, anyone can buy the cheapest universal remotes for LG TV on Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. Moreover, you can visit the LG official website to buy an original magic remote if necessary. Comparatively, universal remotes are much better in pricing and their ability to control multiple devices. The universal remote can even control cable boxes, soundbars, DVD/Blu-ray players, streaming devices, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Switch off your LG TV by pressing the physical power button. Next, unplug the TV cord from the source. Wait for 60 seconds, and then plug the cord back in. Press and hold the power button on LG TV to turn it on.
From your LG TV remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously. Hold still until the LG TV gets rebooted. Usually, the reboot will take around 12 seconds. Once you see the LG logo on the screen, release both buttons.