How to Change Input Source on LG TV Without Remote
- Via LG ThinQ App: Open the LG ThinQ App → Press the Home button → Click the Input icon → Change Input.
- Using LG TV Plus App: Connect both devices same WIFI → Open LG TV Plus → Select LG TV → Enter PIN → Change Input using a remote interface.
- Use a wired or wireless mouse to change the input on LG TV.
- Press the physical buttons on LG TV to change the input.
- Control LG TV by connecting it with Xbox One.
- Connect Firestick to LG TV→ Sync Roku Remote.
There are many ways to control your LG TV when you have lost or found out if the remote is broken. As LG runs on a webOS platform, you can easily install remote control apps or use the LG TV universal remote to control the TV. However, you can change the input on LG TV without a remote. There are different ways, and they are handy options to rely on when you cannot access your physical remote control.
How to Change Input on LG TV Without Remote
The following are the possible ways to change Input on LG TV without a remote.
Change Input on LG TV using the LG ThinQ App
To change the input on LG TV, you should pair your smartphone with LG TV using the LG ThinQ app.
1. First, download the LG ThinQ App on your Android (Google Play Store) or iOS (Apple App Store) smartphone.
2. Switch on your LG TV by pressing the Power button on the TV.
3. Open the LG ThinQ app and sign in with your account.
4. Next, click the + Add a Device option.
5. Head to the Home Appliances tab.
6. Then select your LG TV from the devices list.
7. Enter the PIN code displayed on the TV screen.
8. After that, click the Move To Home option to return to the home screen.
Follow these steps to change the input on LG TV,
- From the home screen of the LG ThinQ app, click the Input icon.
- Choose the input that you would like to switch.
Alternate Way: You can also go to LG TV Settings and select the input.
Make sure to update the LG TV upon installing the LG ThinQ app to avoid not working issues.
1. Using the LG ThinQ remote interface, go to Settings.
2. Select All Settings/Advanced Settings from the list of options.
3. Click on General from the left sidebar.
4. Following that, select About This TV.
5. If there is any update available, tap the Download and Install button.
After installing the update, connect both devices to the same WIFI network to change the TV input.
Note: There are two different ways in which you can Reset LG TV Remote to fix the remote not working issue.
Change Input on LG TV using the LG TV Plus App
LG TV Plus is another application to control the LG Smart TV.
1. Initially, download and install the LG TV Plus app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Switch on your LG TV using the physical power button.
3. Ensure to connect your TV to the same WIFI network as your smartphone.
4. Launch the LG TV Plus app on your Android or iOS.
5. Now, it will automatically detect your LG TV because of the same WIFI network.
6. A pairing code will be displayed on the TV screen. Enter it on your smartphone to connect.
7. Upon successful pairing, tap the Smart Home button on the LG TV Plus app.
8. Lastly, head to the Input menu and select the Input you want to use.
Using a Wired/Wireless Mouse
You shall also use a wired or wireless mouse as an alternative to change the LG TV input.
1. First, plug the USB cable of the wireless mouse into the LG TV port.
2. Next, click the Power button of the LG TV to turn it on.
3. On the TV panel keys, click the Input/Menu button to view the options.
4. Move the mouse pointer and then click the Inputs icon.
5. Lastly, choose the input that you want to change.
Change Input on LG TV using the TV Panel Button
1. Turn on your LG TV by pressing the physical Power button.
2. Continuously press the Power button until you highlight the Input menu.
3. Once you highlighted it, press and hold the Power button to choose the Input option.
Note: Don’t press and hold the Power button for long because it will turn off your TV instead of selecting the Input option.
Change Input on LG TV using Xbox One
1. Connect your Xbox to your LG TV and turn it on.
2. Next, press the Xbox button with your controller to open the guide.
3. Then click on Profile & System and then tap Settings.
4. Further, click on General → Sleep mode & startup.
5. Next, select the TV & A/V power options.
6. Enable the Switch TV input using the controller option.
That’s it. From now, you can control your LG TV using the Xbox controller.
Here are the steps to change the input on LG TV using Xbox One,
1. Go to Settings and select the TV menu on your Xbox-connected LG TV.
2. Click on OneGuide from the section.
3. Next, choose the Device Control option.
4. Select your LG TV and then choose Automatic.
5. Then select the Send Command option if prompted.
6. Select the Xbox One Turns ON and Turns OFF my Devices option.
The Xbox One controller has been paired, go to TV settings and change the input using the controller.
FYI: It is possible to Connect LG TV to WIFI Without Remote.
Using a Streaming Device
You can also simply plug an Amazon Firestick into your LG TV. Doing so will automatically override the LG TV with the one you have connected. Make sure to configure your Firestick by the following steps.
1. Using the Firestick remote, click the Gear icon to open settings.
2. Click on Equipment Control.
3. Further, select Manage Equipment →Add Equipment
Note: Here, as a reference, I’m naming HDMI one as Firestick and HDMI two as Xbox. Go to Settings → TV inputs → Select the Input → Click on Rename → Enter a new name.
4. Hold the microphone button on the Firestick remote and say, “Switch to Xbox.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Install the LG ThinQ or LG TV Plus app on your Android or iOS smartphone. Then you can use this app as a remote control for LG TV and change the source or input on LG TV without a remote.
Firstly, locate the physical power button of your LG TV. Then long-press the power button to view the inputs menu. Afterward, press and hold the power button again to select the input.