How to Install and Use LG Smart TV Remote App
- Using LG ThinQ App: Install LG ThinQ from Play Store or App Store → Open the app → Sign in with LG → Accept Terms and Privacy → Add a Device → Scan QR or Select Device → Select TV → LG Smart TV → Enter PIN → Click Link → Go to App Dashboard → Use the Remote Control.
- Using Remote for LG TV: Install Remote for LG TV from Play Store → Connect LG TV and phone to same WiFi → Open the app → Select LG TV → Enter code → Use the remote control.
Are you having issues with the LG TV remote? Don’t buy a replacement remote because there is a better alternative. You can use the official remote app (LG ThinQ) to control the TV if the LG TV remote is not working. This app is available in the Play Store and App Store so that you can easily install the app on your Android or iPhone. However, to use the LG ThinQ app, your smartphone must be connected to the same WiFi network as your LG Smart TV. Besides LG ThinQ, there are various third-party remote apps for LG TV, which let you control the LG TV without WiFi.
In this article, you will learn how to control the LG Smart TV using the remote app on an Android or iPhone.
How to Control LG Smart TV Using the LG ThinQ App
Before you get into the steps, turn on your LG TV and connect it to the same WiFi as your smartphone. Also, ensure your device meets the requirements of the LG ThinQ app.
- Android (Android 7.0 and above)
- iPhone (iOS 14.0 and up)
- iPad (iPadOS 14.0 and higher)
1. Open the Play Store or App Store on your smartphone.
2. Search for LG ThinQ and choose the respective app from the suggestions.
3. Click Get or Install to begin the installation.
4. Launch the LG ThinQ app on your smartphone.
5. Tap Sign in with LG from the list of sign-in options.
6. Enter your Email ID and Password, and click Sign in. If you don’t have an LG account, click Create Account.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the sign-in process.
9. Click the Add a Device option on the LG ThinQ app dashboard.
10. Tap Scan QR or Select Device based on your convenience.
11. Choose the Select Device option and click Next.
12. You can see various devices from the list. Tap on the TV you wish to connect to.
13. A PIN will appear on the TV screen; enter the PIN on your smartphone to pair both devices.
14. Click on OK and tap on the Link option.
15. Your LG Smart TV is now linked to the LG ThinQ app. Click on Go to Home.
16. Since your smartphone and LG TV are connected to the same WiFi network, they will be connected automatically.
17. On the app Dashboard, click on LG TV to access the remote control.
Note: Since it works as a virtual remote, use LG ThinQ to find the IP address of the LG TV without a remote.
How to Control LG Smart TV Using Remote for LG TV App
Remote for LG TV is a third-party remote application that can control any LG Smart TV using a WiFi network. Connect your LG TV and Android to the same WiFi network. This app is compatible with Android devices running Android 4.4 and above.
1. Install the Remote for LG TV app on your Android from the Play Store.
2. Open Remote for LG TV app, and it will start scanning for nearby TVs.
3. Select your LG TV name. A code will appear on the TV screen.
4. Enter the code to pair the LG TV with the Remote for LG TV application.
5. Once connected, you can use the remote interface to control the LG TV.
Note: Press the Volume buttons on the app to adjust the volume on the LG TV without a remote.
5 Best Remote Apps to Control LG Smart TV
There are few dependable third-party applications available for both Android and iPhone devices. Every app has unique features that allow customers to control the TV easily. Some universal remote apps work on a Wi-Fi network, while others depend on your phone’s built-in IR blaster. Based on your convenience, download and use any of the apps to control the LG TV.
ThinQ Remote for LG TV Plus
By using the LG TV Plus app, you can connect and control the LG Smart TV. This app has a bundle of features, such as light & dark mode, a touchpad, access channels with one touch, and more. This application is available in the Play Store and is compatible with Android devices running Android 7.0 and above.
Remote for LG Smart TV
Smartify (Remote for LG Smart TV) is a remote control application that features a built-in keyboard and touchpad. This app works by connecting the TV and the phone/tablet to the same WiFi network. You can use this application to control any LG Smart TV that runs with webOS and NetCast (2012 and later). This app is compatible with Android devices running Android 7.0 and up.
SURE – Smart Home and TV Unive
SURE Universal is the best remote application to control smart home and entertainment devices. You can control the LG Smart TV using the SURE remote app with the help of a WiFi network or an IR blaster. Additionally, you can use voice commands to control the devices with your voice. With this app, you can stream photos and videos from a phone to the TV via WiFi or DLNA. This app is compatible with Android phones running Android 5.0 and up.
LG Universal TV Remote
It is an unofficial remote control app for LG Smart TV running webOS. LG Universal TV Remote app comes with all the necessary remote functions. To use this app, you must connect your LG TV to WiFi, which should be the same as your Android device. Optionally, you can control the LG TV without WiFi using an Android device’s IR blaster. LG Universal TV Remote is compatible with Android devices running Android 4.4 and above.
Remote for LG TV Smart Control
Remote for LG TV Smart Control is a free application that uses WiFi to control the LG TV. But you must connect your mobile and TV to the same WiFi. You can save a remote to control multiple LG TVs simultaneously. It has a haptic feedback feature; you will feel vibrations on every button press. You can install this application on Android devices running Android 7.0 and up.
Yes. Check our guide on the non-smart TV remote app. Make sure that your phone has an IR blaster to use the application.
LG ThinQ is the best remote app for Android to control any LG Smart TV.
LGeeRemote: Remote for LG TV is the best remote application for iPhone to control LG TV. You can get this app for free in the App Store.