How to Find a Lost Roku Remote [4 Ways]
- Enable Remote Audio Alert – Go to Settings → Click Remote and Devices → Choose Remote → Change Remote Finder Sound → Select the suitable audio → Click Ok.
- Via Voice Command – Turn On the TV → Ask Hey Roku, where is my remote? → Find the lost Remote.
- Using The Roku App – Open The Roku App → Login Account → Tap Device Button → Choose Device → Tap Remote Button → Go to Settings → Click Remote & Devices → Find Remote.
- Via Remote Finder Button – Long press the finder button on the top or side of the Roku player to find your lost remote.
- Change the Remote Finder Sound – Go to Settings → Click Remote and Devices → Choose Remote → Change Remote Finder Sound → Click Ok.
Have you misplaced your Roku TV remote and searched for it? If so, stop doing it. Locating the lost TV remote is very simple with the lost remote finder feature. You can either use The Roku remote app, voice commands, or the remote finder button on the Roku device to trigger that feature. If you do so, the remote will play a sound making it easier to find a lost Roku remote.
Is My Roku Remote Compatible with Lost Remote Finder
Roku Voice Remote Pro is the only remote that is compatible with Lost Remote Finder. To identify if your Roku remote is compatible, check if it has a built-in speaker. And along with that, you should enable the audio alert before losing the remote. With the above two conditions fulfilled, you can use any one of the below techniques to find the lost one.
How to Enable Audio Alert Before Losing the Remote
1. Plug in the necessary cables and turn on the Roku TV.
2. On the Home Screen, open Settings, and from the list of options select Remotes and Devices.
3. Click on the Remote option and choose your Roku remote from the list.
4. Go to the Change Remote Finder Sound, and select the suitable audio alert from the list.
5. Click on OK, and check the Preview Remote Finder Sound option to hear a sample sound on your Roku remote using speakers.
How to Find a Lost Roku Remote
There are four ways to locate your Roku remote if you have misplaced it somewhere at home. You can use the below methods for Smart TVs like TCL, Hisense, Philips, RCS, Element, etc which are powered by Roku OS. These methods would trigger the lost remote finder so that the remote will play a sound for 60 seconds to identify it easily.
- Hands-free Voice command
- Using the Roku Mobile App
- Pressing the Remote Finder button
- Change the Lost Remote Sound
Use the Voice Command to Find a Lost Roku Remote
This method is suitable only when your Roku remote is within the WiFi signal range. In addition, the remote should have a sufficient battery level to receive voice commands. Also, the voice control feature must be already turned on to use.
1. Firstly, turn on your TV and ensure it is connected to the internet.
2. Tell the command, “Hey Roku, where is my remote?” in a clear, conversational tone.
3. You will now hear a loud beeping sound from the Roku remote.
4. Follow the incoming sound and walk along to find your Roku remote.
5. Once you have found it, press any button on the remote to stop the beeping sound.
Use The Roku App to Find a Lost Roku Remote
Before proceeding with the steps, connect your iPhone, iPad/Android SmartPhone to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku-connected smart TV.
1. On your smartphone, open the Play Store or App Store and search for the Roku App (Official).
2. Click on Install/Get to download the app on your mobile.
3. Open the app and log in to your Roku account by following the on-screen instructions.
5. After that, click on the Devices tab at the bottom right corner and press OK.
6. Now, it will search for nearby devices, select your Roku-connected TV.
7. Once connected, tap the three dots to the right of your connected device and select Ping Remote to trigger the sound on your Roku remote for the next 60 seconds.
Or click the Remote icon to view the remote interface and follow the below to find the lost remote.
8. Go to Settings and select Remotes & Devices on your Roku-connected TV.
9. Tap Set up the remote for TV control and click on Find the remote.
10. Now select the microphone icon on the Roku mobile app and say, “Hey Roku, find my remote.”
11. As a result, you will hear a beeping sound from the remote.
12. Follow the sound to locate your Roku remote and press any button to stop the sound.
Use the Remote Finder Button to Find a Lost Roku Remote
Many Roku devices will have a remote finder button by default. For instance, you can find the lost remote finder button at the top or side of your device for Roku Ultra. Upon pressing that button, you can hear the beeping sound from the Roku remote. Further, you can follow the noise to locate it.
The lost remote finder is compatible with the Roku voice remote only if it features a built-in speaker. It will support Roku Voice Remote Pro and Roku Enhanced Remote, which contain personal shortcut keys. If there is a small speaker hole on the back of the remote, it is compatible with voice commands.
How to Change Remote Finder Sound
If the lost remote finder sound is low, you can follow the below method to change the sound setting to a higher density one in its volume. After the changes, it will be easy for you to find a lost Roku remote.
1. Turn on your Roku-connected smart TV.
2. Go to Settings and click on Remote & Devices/Remote.
3. If prompted, choose your remote.
4. Then, click on Change remote finder sound.
5. Choose any sound from the options and click on OK.
Note: You can also tap Preview remote finder sound to listen to it before you select.
Things to Do if You Can’t Find Your Lost Remote
If you cannot find the lost Roku remote, then below are the better alternatives for the original Roku Remote.
Buy New Remote
You can replace the lost remote with a new one. You can get the Roku Voice Remote at a low price of $19.99. If you want a remote with a lost remote finder feature, you should purchase a Roku Voice Remote Pro for $29.99. After purchasing a new one, it is mandatory to pair your Roku remote with your TV to control it.
Purchase Universal Remote
Roku devices such as Roku 1, Roku 2, Roku 3, Roku 4, Roku Ultra, Roku Express, and Roku Premier will be compatible with Universal remotes. To get started, long-press the SETUP button to pair a universal remote to your Roku-connected TV. Select the appropriate TV input and enter the code that appears on the TV screen. Once it is programmed, you can use it as a Roku remote.
Use The Roku App
If you don’t wish to buy a new remote, use the Roku app as a remote from an Android or iOS device. This app is available on the Play Store and App Store for free download. Also, connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network as your Roku-connected device before using the app. The remote app could be a better alternative when the Roku TV remote is not working.
You can use the Roku Mobile app as a remote control for your TV to find the remote. Press the Home button on the app, and go to Settings > Remotes & Devices. Next, tap Remotes and select your remote. Click on Find Remote to initiate a search.
You can either use the voice command or The Roku App to find the lost remote.
You can use the physical power button or the remote app to turn on Roku TV without a remote.
The Roku remote won’t play the lost remote finder sound if the batteries on the remote are completely drained are weak, or when the remote is out of a WiFi range.