How to Turn on Roku TV Without Remote [Easy Methods]
- Using Roku App: Connect phone and TV on the same WIFI → Launch Roku app → Devices → Choose Roku TV → Remote → Red Power button → Done.
- Using Xbox One: Power on Xbox → Settings → Select Roku TV → Automatic → B button → Xbox One turns on and turns off my devices → Done.
- Via PlayStation 4: Pair HDMI cable → Settings → System Settings → Enable HDMI Device Link → Done.
- Using Nintendo Switch: Connect dock on both devices → Settings → System Settings → TV Settings → Match TV Power State → Done.
- With Remote Control for Roku App: Launch Play Store → Enter Remote Control for Roku → Select the App → Install → Launch it → Allow Permissions → Choose TV Model → Done.
- With RoSpikes App: Launch Play Store → Enter Roku Remote: RoSpikes → Select the App → Install → Launch it → Allow Permissions → Select TV Model → Choose remote type → Done.
If your Roku TV remote has stopped working, you might be worried as you can’t able to switch on your Roku TV. Luckily, there are a lot of alternative methods to turn on Roku TV without a remote. The convenient way is to press the physical power button. Other than that, you can use The Roku App or gaming consoles like Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One to turn on your Roku TV. For using The Roku App, an internet connection is required. If you don’t have WiFi, you can use the IR blaster remote app to control Roku TV which works with an IR blaster.
How to Turn on Roku TV Without a Remote
Here are the possible ways for switching on your Roku TV in the absence of a remote.
Use the Physical Button to Turn on Roku TV
All Roku TV models provide the power button regardless of brand. Hence, you can easily turn on or off your Roku TV by clicking the power button manually. But, the position of the power button varies based on its manufacturer which are listed as follows.
Middle Side – The power button may be located on the mid-center portion of your TV.
Right-Hand Backside – Move your Roku TV away from the wall to see whether the power button is placed on the right-hand back side.
Left-Hand Backside – Sanyo Roku TV will have the power button on the left-hand back side.
The Underside of the Front Left – Sometimes, the power button is on your Roku Tv’s underside.
Use The Roku App to Turn on Roku TV
You can also download and use the Roku remote app on Android or iPhone for turning on your Roku TV. This app also supports voice search, private listening, and more. With one tap, browse for movies, live TV, news, and sports using The Roku Channel.
1. Connect your smartphone and Roku TV to the same WIFI network.
2. Open The Roku App on your smartphone. If you haven’t installed it, get it from the respective app store.
3. If you are opening for the first time, follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to your Roku account.
4. Click on Devices at the bottom tab.
5. It will search for nearby connections. Choose your Roku TV from the list of available devices.
6. Click the Remote icon displayed on the screen.
7. It will switch to the Roku Remote user interface.
8. Tap the Red Power button at the top right to turn on/off your Roku TV.
Tips: If Roku TV keeps closing apps or disconnecting from WiFi, you can restart your Roku TV without a remote using The Roku App on your smartphone.
How to Turn on Roku TV Without Remote and WiFi
You can also turn on Roku TV by connecting the Roku device to the mobile hotspot. But remember that Roku consumes a large amount of data, so use it wisely.
1. Turn on Mobile Hotspot on your device.
Note: You can turn on the mobile hotspot on Windows, Mac, smartphone, or tablet.
2. Click the Home button on the Roku app.
3. Head to Settings and click on Network.
4. Choose Set up connection → Wireless.
5. Select your Mobile Hotspot name from the list of networks.
6. Enter the WiFi password and click on Connect.
That’s it! Now you can use The Roku App to control Roku TV without a remote and WiFi.
Use a Gaming Console to Turn On Roku TV
If you have connected any one of the gaming consoles to your Roku TV, you can turn on your Roku TV by enabling some settings.
1. Switch On your Xbox and go to the Settings option.
2. Choose TV and OneGuide and select the Device Control option.
3. Pick the name of your Roku TV and tap on the Automatic option.
4. Tap on the B button and select Xbox One turns on and turns off my devices.
5. Now you can power On &Off your Roku TV using Xbox One controller.
1. Connect the HDMI cable between Roku TV and PlayStation 4.
2. Go to Settings and choose the System Settings option.
3. Then mark the Enable HDMI Device Link option.
4. After that, when you switch on your PS4, your Roku TV will be turned on simultaneously.
1. Pair the Nintendo Switch with your Roku TV using a dock.
2. Launch the Settings and select the System Settings option.
3. Choose TV Settings from the list of options.
4. Click on Match TV Power State and enable it.
5. Now if you turn on Nintendo Switch, it will automatically turn on your Roku TV.
Alternate Way to Turn On Roku TV Using a Third-Party Remote App
The following are the best third-party remote apps that you can use to turn on your Roku TV without a remote.
Remote Control for Roku
1. Launch the Play Store app on your Android device.
2. Enter the Remote Control for Roku in the search field.
3. Select the required application from the list.
4. Tap on the Install button to start the installation process.
5. Then launch the application on your phone.
6. Allow the required permission for the application.
7. Choose your TV model from the list.
Now you can use the remote app to control the Roku TV.
Roku Remote: RoSpikes (WIFI/IR)
1. Open the Play Store application on your Android phone.
2. Type Roku Remote: RoSpikes on the search bar.
3. Choose the needed application from the list.
4. Hit on the Install button to begin the installation.
5. Then open the application on your smartphone.
6. Provide the required permissions for the app.
7. Select the TV model from the list of devices.
8. Choose the remote type from the pop-up.
Now you can use a virtual remote on your phone to control your Roku TV.
Buy a Universal Remote
If you are not interested in using remote apps, you can buy a new universal remote. Instead of buying the original remote control for a high price, you can purchase a universal remote for multi-purpose usage. It has the same feature and functions as the original Roku remote.
First, open the Roku app and go to the home screen. Use the remote to head to Roku TV Settings and select Remote & Devices. Further, choose Remotes → Select your remote → Find remote. As a result, it will trigger the beeping sound on your remote as you press any button.
You can use the physical button or the remote app to adjust the volume on Roku TV.
To set up Roku TV remote on your TV: Press the Home button >> Select Settings >> Remotes & devices >> Remote >> Choose your Remote from the list >> Select Set up remote for TV control >> Done.