How to Turn on Roku TV Without Remote [3 Ways]
Roku TV is a smart TV that works on its own Roku operating system. It allows you to browse and stream your favorite TV shows and movies. Several popular TV brands, including Element, TCL, Hisense, and more, run on the Roku OS. Unexpectedly, if your Roku remote is not working or it was lost somewhere, you will be in chaos. In such cases, use the Roku app as a remote controller for your TV, letting you control or turn on the TV.
Download the Roku App
The Roku remote app is available on the Google Play Store (Android) and Apple App Store (iOS) for free. It supports voice search, private listening, and more. With one tap, browse free movies, live TV, news, and sports using The Roku Channel.
How to Turn on Roku TV Manually
All Roku TV models provide the power button regardless of brand. Hence, you can easily turn on or off your Roku TV by clicking the power button manually. But, the position of the power button varies depending on its model and year.
Middle Side – The power button may be located on the mid-center portion of your TV.
Right Hand Backside – Move your Roku TV away from the wall to see whether the power button is placed on the right-hand back side.
Left-Hand Backside – Sanyo Roku TV will have the power button on the left-hand back side.
The Underside of the Front Left – Sometimes, the power button is on your Roku Tv’s underside.
How to Turn on Roku TV using Roku App
1. Connect your iOS/Android device and Roku TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Roku app on your device.
3. If opening for the first time, follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to your Roku account.
4. Click on Devices at the bottom tab.
5. It will search for nearby connections. Choose your Roku TV from the list of available devices.
6. Click the Remote icon displayed on the screen.
7. It will switch to Roku Remote user interface.
8. Tap the Red Power button at the top right to turn on/off your Roku TV.
How to Turn on Roku TV Without Remote and WiFi
You can also turn on Roku TV by connecting the Roku device with the mobile hotspot. But remeber that Roku consumes a large amount of data, so use it wisely.
1. Turn on Mobile Hotspot on your device.
Note: You can turn on the mobile hotspot on Windows, Mac, smartphone, or tablet.
2. Click the Home button on your Roku remote App.
3. Head to the Settings and click on Network.
4. Choose Set up connection → Wireless.
5. Select your Mobile Hotspot name from the list of networks.
6. Enter the WiFi password and click on Connect.
That’s it! This is how you can control Roku TV without a remote or WiFi.
Similarly, when the remote stops working, we can try resetting the Roku TV remote and pair the Remote to the Roku TV once again. If it does not work, you can also try any of the steps mentioned above to control the TV as well.
We can turn on the Roku TV by programming the Universal Remote using remote code or by connecting gaming consoles, including Nintendo or PlayStation. But, make sure to enable the HDMI device link check box to turn on the TV by using the controller.
First, open the Roku app and go to the home screen. Use the remote to head to Roku TV Settings and select Remote & devices. Further, choose Remotes → Select your remote → Find remote. As a result, it will trigger the beeping sound on your remote as you press any button.