How to Connect Firestick to WiFi Without Remote
- Using Fire TV App – Install App → Create HotSpot → Connect Device to Hotspot → Open App → Turn on Fire TV → Enter code → Go to Setting → Tap Network→ Press See all Network → Connect to WiFi.
- Using HDMI CEC- Go to Settings → Click Display & Sounds→ Enable HDMI-CEC → Connect universal remote → Go to Settings → Tap on Network → Connect to WiFi.
- Using Amazon Echo – Install App → Go to More option → Click on Settings Tab → Scroll to TV & Video → Select Device → Follow Instruction → Connect to WiFi.
Amazon Firestick lets you access thousands of streaming apps on your standard TV. You need an active internet connection to explore movies, TV shows, music, sports, news, and more. As Firestick is smaller, you can take it wherever you go. In some circumstances, you may have forgotten the remote while you travel, or the remote might have stopped working. There is nothing to worry about because there are many ways to connect Firestick to WiFi without a remote.
Connect Firestick to WiFi Without Remote
Many reliable methods exist to connect the Fire TV Stick to WiFi without a Remote. We have the liberty to choose the suitable one by trying all possible methods.
Using the Amazon Fire TV App [Android/iOS]
Make sure you have two smart devices before you begin the steps.
1. Install the Amazon Fire TV app on the first device.
- Visit Google Play for Android devices
- Visit App Store for iPhone or iPad
2. From another device, create a WiFi hotspot and rename it to the same name as your home WiFi network.
Note: Your device will automatically recognize the hotspot as the home network and connect to it.
3. Upon connecting your device to this hotspot, open the Amazon Fire TV app.
4. Also, turn on the Firestick-connected TV.
Note: Make sure to connect Firestick to the hotspot as well.
5. Then, enter the 4-digit code on your device to pair.
6. The remote interface will appear. Click the Settings icon using the app.
7. Click on Network and tap See All Networks.
8. Finally, select a new WiFi network you want to connect to.
Using the HDMI-CEC Remote
As Firestick is compatible with the HDMI-CEC feature, you can use the TV remote to control Firestick. Follow the instructions to enable this feature on your Amazon Firestick.
1. Go to Settings using the Amazon Fire TV app.
2. Then click on Display & Sounds.
3. Turn on HDMI CEC Device Control.
Note: However, some TV brands used to call this feature by different names.
|LG||SimpLink or SIMPLINK|
|Mitsubishi||NetCommand for HDMI|
|Panasonic||HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, or VIERA Link|
|Toshiba||CE-Link or Regza Link|
4. Once you have enabled HDMI-CEC, you can use the HDMI CEC or universal remote for Firestick
5. use the TV remote to head to Settings → Network → Choose WiFi.
Use Amazon Echo and Echo Dot
The Echo and Echo Dot are Amazon products with Alexa as the virtual voice assistant. This device would help us control multiple devices, including Fire Stick. So, we will be able to connect your Fire Stick to the WiFi using this device as well.
1. Install the Amazon Alexa app on your iPhone and Android device from Play Store and App Store.
2. Open the app, and navigate to the More option.
3. Go to the Settings tab, and scroll down to select the TV & Video option.
4. Choose the Firestick from the list of devices, and follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Finally, the Amazon Echo will now be connected to the Amazon Alexa app on the smartphone.
6. Now, you can initiate connecting the Firestick to the WiFi using a voice command.
Use a Replacement Remote
Buying a new replacement remote is better if you have issues while using the TV remote. You can shop for these remotes on Amazon and Best Buy at an affordable cost. While purchasing, make sure to choose the right model because remote functions may vary for each generation. Ensure to pair the new Firestick remote to control the device.
Tips! In case you have misplaced your FireStick remote, there are options to find the lost Firestick remote before placing an order for the new one.
Install the Amazon Fire TV app on your iPhone and use it as a remote control to connect Firestick to WiFi.
First, plug the Firestick into the HDMI port of your computer. Then visit Network settings and select your WiFi network. Next, enter the password and click on connect.