Spectrum Remote Volume Not Working: Reasons & DIY Fixes
Couldn’t you be able to change the volume on the Spectrum remote? Don’t worry because the issue can be easily fixed. The volume functions on the Spectrum remote may stop to work because of weak batteries, pairing issues, or if the buttons are stuck. However, there are workarounds to fix the Spectrum remote volume not working issue. If the Spectrum TV remote is not working due to physical damage, you can directly buy a universal remote instead of troubleshooting it.
Why is Spectrum Remote Volume Not Working
Due to any one of these factors, your Spectrum remote may stop responding to the volume commands.
|1||If the batteries are inserted improperly or if they are running out of charge|
|2||If the remote is in the wrong mode, it won’t control the TV volume|
|3||If the transmitter or the receiver in the remote is defective due to wear and tear|
|4||Interference during the pairing process may bring issues with volume and other functions|
|5||Due to physical damage or any signs of water inside the control pad of the remote|
|6||Obstructions or other devices’ IR signals may interfere with the remote signal|
|7||If there is a temporary malfunction in the remote due to residual power|
How to Fix Spectrum Remote Volume Not Working
You can try the below troubleshooting techniques to fix the Volume button not working issue.
Check the Remote Batteries
Spectrum remote needs an adequate charge in the batteries to work. If the remote functions are slow, you have to replace the batteries with new ones. Pop out the dead and rusted batteries and place the new batteries in the right place. Ensure to insert the batteries into the battery compartment based on their polarities. Now, check if the volume button is working with the new batteries.
Clean the Remote
As we are keeping the remote uncovered in the open area there are high chances for smudges or dirt on the sensor of your remote. Hence, you need to clean the remote controller once a week with any microfiber or soft cloth. If a cloud of dust got accumulated inside the control pad, you can use a microfiber cloth dipped with 99% isopropyl alcohol for effective cleaning. Ensure to take out the remote batteries while cleaning with a cotton swab or a soft cloth.
Power Cycle Spectrum Remote
Power cycling is the most powerful way to clear out the unresponsive state of a remote. You can follow the below steps to soft reset the Spectrum TV remote.
1. Unplug the Spectrum cord from the power source.
2. Remove the batteries from the remote and kept them aside.
3. After 5 minutes, Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.
4. Now, insert the batteries back into the compartment and plug in the cord.
5. Turn on your Spectrum device by pressing the Power button.
Then check whether the volume button is working on the remote without any issues.
Note: Power cycling is the overall best troubleshooting technique that helps to fix the Dish remote not working.
Turn on the TV Control Pairing
Sometimes your Spectrum TV remote may get triggered by the different cable box signals which leads to volume not working issues. Hence, you need to enable control on the TV and Spectrum Box to avoid such problems.
1. Power on your Spectrum cable box.
2. Grab the Spectrum remote and press the Menu button.
3. Select the Settings and Support option.
4. Tap the Remote icon and choose Connect remote to TV option.
5. Now, click on Connect to TV option.
6. A list of device names will appear on your screen, choose your TV name and press the Ok button.
Note: If your TV name doesn’t appear on the screen, hit the View All option and select your TV name.
7. Follow the on-screen prompts to gain control over both the channels and the volume as expected.
Change the Default Audio Output
Sometimes your TV volume will not work under the default audio output. Hence, you need to manually change the sound settings to resolve the not working issue.
1. Go to Settings and select the Audio or Audio Settings tab.
2. From there, choose the Default Output Device option.
3. Select your TV speaker and you are done.
Now, check whether you can adjust the volume on the Spectrum remote.
Adjust the TV Mode
Spectrum remote has different functionality modes, you need to manually adjust or disconnect audio mode according to the device you want to use. You can follow the below steps to adjust the Spectrum remote mode.
1. Find the appropriate Mode button (AUX/DVD/Cable) on the Spectrum TV remote.
2. Press and hold the appropriate Mode button for about 3 seconds.
3. Your remote will blink twice then check whether the Volume button is working fine without any issues.
Factory Reset Spectrum Remote
You can perform the below guidelines to factory reset your Spectrum TV remote. It will clear your remote’s programming and let you start from scratch. Before resetting your remote not down all the passwords.
1. Press and hold the TV button.
2. While holding the TV button, long press the OK/SEL button for about a second.
3. Release both buttons at a time. Now, AUX and the DVD buttons will flash while the TV button will light up and stays idle.
3. Next, press the Delete button for about three seconds and release it.
4. The light of the TV button will flash a few times before it stops.
Your remote has been reset to its Factory Settings. After resetting the remote, you have to program Spectrum remote to the TV. Test whether the remote functions including volume keys are working.
Repair with RF to IR Converter
If the remote still doesn’t work, it is recommended to repair the RF to IR converter.
1. Press and hold the Find button on the Spectrum TV remote.
2. While holding the button, put back the RF to IR converter into your set-top box.
3. Now, release the Find button and step a few meters away from the cable box and press any button on the remote.
4. Upon successful pairing you can use the remote. To test it, press the Find key on the RF to IR converter and check whether it works without any problems.
Re-Program the Spectrum Remote
If you encounter issues only with the volume button, the problem may be with the “programming”. You can follow the below to rectify the programming.
1. Turn On your Spectrum TV.
2. Press the Set Up button on the Spectrum remote.
3. Provide your TV’s pairing code to start the process.
Note: You can find the pairing code under the About this TV field under the TV settings.
4. Wait for the remote to blink twice and press the Set Up button.
5. Now you can check the user manual and provide the code for pairing your Spectrum remote with your TV.
Note: Apart from these instructions, you can also program Spectrum remote to Samsung TV using remote codes.
Check for Signal Interference
Sometimes, if a physical object blocks the signal between the remote and the TV receiver may be the reason for your volume key not working issue. After removing any physical hindrance, ensure that the remote is close enough to the TV/receiver to transmit the signals without any interpretations.
Fix Problems in the Remote Mode
Spectrum Remote is feasible to control multiple devices using the Switch button. Sometimes, if you connect multiple devices with the same remote it may not effectively work. You can try out the below fixes to make it work effectively.
- Hit the CBL button on your remote control and press the Ok & Select buttons at the same time for about a minute and release them.
- Now, press the Volume Down button once and hit the TV button. This should prompt the CBL button to flash.
- It will help you to fix the cross-device compatibility.
Contact Spectrum Support
If none of the troubleshooting methods helps to fix the Spectrum remote volume not working, don’t worry you still have a last chance. The final solution is to contact the Spectrum customer support team. They will guide you to analyze the reasons behind the issue and get it sorted instantly with or without technical assistance.
You will get the red light to flash on your Spectrum TV remote if your remote batteries are weak or dead. You need to replace the batteries with new ones to resolve the volume button not working issues.
You need to check whether the TV’s built-in speakers are enabled or not. To do so, go to Settings and select the Audio or Sound option and enable the TV’s built-in speaker.