How to Program Spectrum Remote to TV [5 Methods]
If you have purchased a Spectrum TV cable box, you will be offered a Spectrum Universal Remote. The remote will auto-pair with a Spectrum cable box. If you want to control the TV or other audio equipment, you must program the Spectrum remote manually. Fortunately, there are five possible methods to program a Spectrum Remote to the TV. It is a straightforward process and you can program a remote with or without remote codes.
This article will teach you how to program a Spectrum Remote to the TV in step-by-step instructions.
How to Program Spectrum Remote to TV Using Code Search
1. Switch on the TV to which you want to program the Spectrum remote.
2. Press the MENU and OK keys together. Release the keys if the INPUT key blinks twice.
3. Enter the code of your television brand. If valid, the INPUT key will flash twice for confirmation.
Note: Visit (spectrum.net/support/remote/spectrum-guide-remote) for identifying your Spectrum remote code. On the webpage, scroll down and tap the Choose Device drop-down box. Select Television and choose Manufacturer.
4. Test whether the remote functions work by pressing the Volume and Power keys.
5. If successful, start using the Spectrum remote. Otherwise, repeat the steps with a different code.
How to Program Spectrum Remote to TV Without Code
Here’s how to program Spectrum Remote to the Samsung TV, Roku TV, or any other device without a remote code.
1. Turn on the TV to which you want to program the Spectrum remote.
2. From your Spectrum remote, press and hold the Menu and OK buttons together until the Input button blinks twice.
3. Next, tap the TV Power and see whether the input button lights up solid.
4. Point the remote at your TV, press the Up arrow button, and keep hold of it.
5. Release the Up arrow if the TV has turned off. By doing so, your remote should store the code for further access.
The Spectrum remote has been programmed and is ready to use.
How to Program Spectrum Remote to TV Using Direct Code Entry
1. Turn on the TV that you wish to program the Spectrum remote.
2. Press the Menu and OK buttons together and keep hold of them until the Input button starts blinking twice.
3. Press the TV Power button and release it once.
4. Note down the code of your TV. Further, press and hold the respective number code of your TV brand.
- Insignia/Dynex – 1
- LG/Zenith – 2
- Panasonic – 3
- Philips/Magnavox – 4
- RCA/TCL – 5
- Samsung – 6
- Sharp – 7
- Sony – 8
- Toshiba – 9
- Vizio – 0
6. You can release the number code if the TV has turned off.
How to Program Spectrum Remote to TV Using Remote Codes
1. Initially, turn on your TV to start programming the Spectrum remote.
2. Press the Menu and OK buttons on your remote until the Input key blinks twice.
3. Enter the first code of your brand by referring to the table. The Input key will blink twice for confirmation.
|Dynex: 12049, 11463||Insignia: 12049, 11423, 11564, 10171, 10463, 11204, 11326, 11385, 11517, 11641, 11660, 11892, 11963, 12417, 12751||JVC: 10650, 11774, 10463, 11923, 12321, 13393|
|LG: 11423, 10178, 10017, 10442, 12864, 1286||Magnavox: 11454, 12597, 10051, 10802, 11198, 11365, 11913, 11963, 11990, 13623||Mitsubishi: 11250, 10178, 10150, 11797|
|Philips: 11867, 11454, 12597, 11394, 10171, 12622, 13623||Samsung: 12051, 10650, 10178, 10060, 10766, 10814, 11959, 13993||Sharp: 12360, 12402, 13867|
|Sony: 10810, 11685||STCL: 12434, 11756||Toshiba: 11524, 10156, 10650, 10060, 10154, 11343, 11369, 11704, 11935, 11959, 12684|
|Vizio: 11758, 12707, 10864, 11756, 10885||Westinghouse: 11712, 13470, 13579, 12397, 10451, 10885, 10890, 11282, 12293, 13094, 13382, 13908||Zenith: 11423, 10178, 10017, 10463, 11661, 11365|
4. Press the Volume and Power buttons to test the remote control. If everything is perfect, your setup is finished.
5. If the keys are not functioning, repeat steps 2 to 4 by entering the second or consecutive codes.
How to Program Spectrum Remote Using Radio Frequency
1. Press the Menu button on the remote.
2. Click on Settings & Support from the left sidebar displayed on the TV.
3. Next, select Support from the options.
4. Click Remote Control from the list of tiles.
5. Finally, choose the RF Pair New Remote.
Continue with the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing of the Spectrum remote using Radio Frequency.
Note: If the Spectrum remote is not pairing to any device, it is recommended to reset the Spectrum remote to factory settings.
How to Spectrum Remote to TV Volume
If the Spectrum remote is not controlling the TV volume, follow these steps to make it work.
1. Press the CBL and OK buttons simultaneously and keep hold of them.
2. Press the Volume Up button once and press the TV button.
That’s it. You can control the volume of the TV if the Spectrum box is connected to it.
First, hold the TV button for a few seconds. At the same time, press the OK button and hold for 1 second. Then, release both buttons together. Finally, press and hold the Delete button for 3 seconds to reset your spectrum remote.
It is due to weak batteries, jammed buttons, signal blockage, etc. Check our guide on the Spectrum TV remote not working and follow the workarounds to fix the issue.