DIY Fixes for Sky Q Remote Not Working | Troubleshooting Guide
Sky Q is a premium TV service that combines live TV channels and on-demand entertainment content. With the Sky Q touch remote, you can easily control the Sky Q box or media playback using voice commands. If the Sky Q remote is not working, it may be due to various reasons. You can try the below troubleshooting methods to fix the Sky Q voice control and remote volume not working issue.
Why is Sky Q Remote Not Working
If the Sky Q remote has stopped working, it may be due to the following reasons.
|1||The remote will stop working if the batteries are drained out or dead|
|2||It will become a faulty remote if there is any physical damage|
|3||If there is an unstable internet connection, you won’t be able to voice commands|
|4||The remote buttons may get stuck due to a speck of dirt on the edges|
How to Troubleshoot the Sky Q Remote
The following are the troubleshooting methods to fix the Sky Q remote not working problems.
Restart the Sky Q box
The Sky Q remote will not work if your Sky Q box encounters an unexpected error. Nonetheless, it can be fixed easily by restarting your Sky Q box. It will eliminate the corrupted cache so that the remote will work.
Here are the steps to restart the Sky Q box.
- Press the Standby/Power button on the Sky Q box.
- Next, unplug the Sky Q box cord from the main source.
- After a minute, turn on the Sky Q box once you plugged it in.
- Wait until the on-screen prompts disappear.
- Later, press the Home button on the Sky Q remote.
Check Remote Batteries
In most cases, the Sky Q remote won’t work because of weak or dead batteries. Generally, you can identify this issue if the remote doesn’t respond upon pressing the button multiple times.
- Remove the battery cover of the remote.
- Pop out the old batteries and replace them with new batteries.
- Insert batteries based on their positive and negative polarities.
- After that, close the battery cover and test the remote.
Note: Checking the remote batteries will be a helpful fix, and it works if the Fios TV remote is not working.
Check Internet Connection
The voice control on the Sky Q remote will work only when it has a stable internet connection. So, connect the Sky Q box to high-speed internet to avoid issues.
- Click the Home button on the Sky Q remote.
- Then, click on Settings and select Status from the left sidebar.
- Next, choose the Network connection option.
- Check now whether the following options are enabled.
- Connection to broadband router ✅
- Connection to the internet ✅
- If it displays ❎, you must re-connect the Sky Q box with the router.
Release Stuck Buttons
It is necessary to clean the remote with a clean cotton cloth at regular intervals. Unless you do, the dirt will go inside the remote buttons. So, you won’t be able to use the remote as some buttons are stuck inside. Follow the below instructions to fix the issue.
- Disassemble the remote and clean the remote pad with a clean cotton cloth.
- Use a paper clip or a pin to remove the smudge on the edges of the buttons.
- Continuously press the buttons one by one to ensure that all buttons are on the same level.
Reset the Sky Q Remote
If you find the problem is with the Sky Q remote, you should reset the Sky Q remote by the below steps.
- Firstly, press and hold the 7 and 9 buttons for at least 10 seconds.
- Release both buttons if the red indicator light starts blinking.
- You have successfully reset the Sky Q remote.
Re-Pair the Sky Q Remote
If the Sky Q remote doesn’t work after the reset, you need to re-pair the remote with your Sky Q box.
- Initially, press and hold the 1 and 3 buttons simultaneously.
- After that, click on Continue and type the TV brand.
- Then choose the Find it for me option.
- Later, test the remote by pressing the Volume keys.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the remote pairing.
Note: Meanwhile, you shall check out the article on resetting Skyworth TV without a remote as an effective fix when the corresponding TV goes non-functional.
Turn On Touch Control
Sometimes, you may be unable to use the touch control, or Sky remote does not change channels. Make sure to enable the playback controls like pause, rewind, and fast-forward. Here’s how to do it.
- Press the Home button on the Sky Q remote.
- Next, click on Settings and choose Setup.
- Further, select Remote Control.
- Then choose Sky Q Touch Remote.
- Continue to pair the remote by pressing the 1 and 3 buttons.
- After it gets paired, ensure to turn on Touch Control.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no option to decrease or increase the touch sensitivity. However, you can disable the touch control. For this, press the Home button on the Sky Q remote → Settings → Setup → Remote Control → Turn off Touch Control.
If the Sky Q remote doesn’t work with new batteries, you need to factory reset the remote. Press and hold the 7 and 9 buttons until you see the LED light blinks four times. Next, aim the remote at the Sky Q box. Further, press and hold the 1 and 3 buttons until you see the LED light blinks twice. This will re-pair the remote with the Sky Q box.
You have to reset and re-pair the Sky remote to fix the volume not working issue.