Fios TV Remote Not Working: Know the Reasons & DIY Fixes
Fios TV One is a cable box to watch your favorite on-demand titles in 4K UHD. It ships with a Fios TV Voice remote integrated with Google Home and Amazon Alexa. You can control your TV to the fullest by programming the Fios TV remote. However, some users have recently reported that the Fios remote stopped working without any reason. If that is the case, you shall fix the issue with the following methods.
Main Reasons for the Fios Remote Not Working
|1||If you forget to replace the old batteries with newer ones, then the remote won’t work|
|2||If the remote has a pairing issue with the Fios set-top box, then you cannot use it|
|3||Fios set-top box cannot receive IR signals from the remote if an object obstructs the signal|
|4||The remote will reflect signs like some buttons don’t respond if there is a physical damage|
Fixes for Fios Remote Not Working
The following are expert-recommended troubleshooting methods to fix the Fios Remote not working issue.
Replace the Batteries
Drained or weak batteries may be the first cause behind the Fios remote not responding.
- If the remote batteries don’t have sufficient charge, you will notice poor performance while operating the remote.
- At that time, you should replace the old batteries with newer ones. For long-lasting battery life, you should use branded batteries.
Check Pairing Status
If the device is unpaired, you won’t be able to use the Fios remote. In some situations, you will see random data on the LCD even though the set-top box is not functional. Therefore, you should re-pair the remote to make it work.
Based on the remote model you have, follow the below instructions to pair the remote.
How to Pair Fios Voice Remote
1. Aim the Fios Voice Remote at the TV.
2. Press and hold the Play/Pause and O buttons together.
3. Keep hold of these buttons until the remote LED light blinks blue.
4. If the LED light stops blinking, the remote has been paired successfully.
5. It will auto-detect the TV or audio system if connected to the set-top box.
How to Pair P265 Remote
1. Press and hold the OK and Fios TV buttons simultaneously.
💡 Release these buttons if the remote LED light flashes red twice and stays idle.
2. Continuously press the Play/Pause button on the remote until the exact remote code is identified.
3. If the code has been found, it will turn off your TV.
4. Next, press the physical power button of the TV to turn it on.
5. Lastly, click the OK button to store the code.
How to Pair P283 Big Button and Philips RC1445302 Remote
1. Press the OK and 0 buttons simultaneously.
2. Release these buttons once the remote indicator light flashes red and stays idle.
3. Enter the 3-digit remote code for your TV brand.
4. Repeatedly press the Channel Down button until your TV is turned off.
5. The remote will be paired if the TV gets turned off.
6. Press the Power button to switch on the TV and tap OK to store the code.
How to Pair Motorola 800 Remote
1. Press and hold the TV button for about six seconds.
2. Next, press and hold the Power button.
📌 The device button will flash three times before it gets turned off.
3. After that, press the Up button on the remote repeatedly until it turns off the TV.
4. Then, press the Power button to switch on the TV.
5. Lastly, click the OK button to save the code.
Note: Like Fios TV, Mi TV Remote Not Working issue can be fixed by unpairing and re-pairing the remote again.
Clear the Obstructions
As the Fios remote works by sending IR signals to the sensor. You must operate the remote in a direct line of sight.
- If there is a soundbar or furniture in between the TV and the remote, the remote won’t work.
- Therefore, remove such objects and ensure that there is no obstruction.
- Also, remember that the optimum range for operating the remote is less than 30 feet.
Power Cycle the TV
A soft reset is another useful method to fix the remote not working issue.
- To do this, unplug the TV cord from the wall socket. Keep it unplugged for about 60 seconds.
- After a minute, plug the TV cord back in.
- Further, press and hold the power button of the TV for 30 seconds.
- It will drain the power residuals from the TV and fix minor issues.
- Later, restart the TV and check if the remote is working without any problems.
Fix Overheating Issue
In the rarest case, the set-top is prone to overheating, although the room temperature is moderate. As a result, you cannot use the Fios remote. To fix this, you shall modify a few settings using the Fios TV Mobile app. This app works only if your device is connected to the same WIFI network as your Fios Box.
1. Open the Fios TV Mobile app on your smartphone.
📌 Get it from the Play Store or App Store if you don’t have it.
2. Press the Menu button on the remote control.
3. Tap Settings, scroll down and click on Hardware Settings.
4. Scroll down and select Low for Front Panel Brightness and Front Panel Brightness (Night).
Note: You can also turn off the set-top box for 20-30 minutes to cool down.
Reset the Fios Box
Sometimes, the Fios box may encounter an unexpected error that causes the remote to not work. Hence, you must manually reboot the Fios set-top box by following these steps.
1. Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
💡 Don’t remove the coaxial cable thinking that one is the power cord.
2. Wait for 15 seconds and plug the power cord back in.
3. Next, turn on the set-top box.
4. Wait for a few minutes until the Interactive Media Guide is updated.
5. Once it is done, test the remote by pressing the function keys.
Try Button Sequence
You can use a button sequence to fix the connection issue between the set-top box and the remote. Follow the instructions one by one to try it with the Fios remote.
1. Switch on the set-top box.
2. Press the STB button once on the Fios remote.
3. Next, press the Channel Up and Channel Down buttons consequently.
4. Following that, press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons one after the other.
5. Finally, check whether the remote is working or not.
Note: If the button sequence doesn’t work, seek help from Verizon Customer Support or drop an email.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can call the Verizon Customer Service number 📞1-800-837-4966 if you have any issues.
Press and hold the OK and 2 buttons on the remote simultaneously. Following that, press the buttons 9-0-0 consequently. So, the red LED indicator light will flash thrice and then turns off.