How to Program Fios Remote to Cable Box and TV [All Models]
If you are looking for guidelines to program a Fios remote to a TV or cable box, you have come to the right place. You can program a Fios remote to your device with or without remote codes but the procedure differs for each remote model. In this article, you will learn to set up and use the Fios remote using our instructions.
How to Program Fios TV Voice Remote to Cable Box
If you own a Fios TV One or Fios TV One Mini set-top box, you can use these steps to program a Fios TV voice remote.
1. Aim the Fios TV Voice Remote at the set-top box.
2. Press the Play/Pause and O buttons on the remote and keep hold of them for some time.
3. Release both buttons if you see a blinking blue light on the Fios TV voice remote.
4. If the blue light stops blinking, it indicates that the Fios TV voice remote has been paired.
Start using the Fios TV voice remote to control your set-top conveniently.
How to Program Fios TV Voice Remote to TV
Fios TV voice remote needs to be paired with the set-top box first before you program it to your TV. Using the below instructions, you can program the Fios remote to your TV or soundbar.
1. Using the Fios TV voice remote, go to Menu and click on Settings.
2. Select Voice Control and choose Fios TV Voice Remote.
3. Further click on Automatic Setup or Manual Setup.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair the remote with the TV.
5. If the remote programming is successful, you will see a Success message on the TV screen.
How to Program Verizon P265 Remote
1. Press and hold the OK and FiOS TV buttons simultaneously.
2. Release these buttons if the red light flashes twice and stays idle.
3. Press and release the Play/Pause button on the remote once every second to run a code search.
4. Continue pressing the Play/Pause button until it turns off the TV.
5. Once it turns off the TV, press the TV Power button to turn on the TV.
6. Press OK to save the remote code.
Fios TV Remote Codes
The following are the 2 & 3-digit Fios TV remote codes that you can use to program a Verizon P283 Big Button Remote.
|Television Brand||Remote Codes|
How to Program Verizon P283 Big Button Remote With Code
1. Make sure that the TV and Fios TV set-top box are turned on.
2. Refer to the above table and note down the 3-digit remote code of your television brand.
3. Press and hold the 0 and OK buttons together on the Fios remote until the RED LED light flashes twice and stays idle.
4. Enter the remote code using the keypad buttons on the remote.
Note: The TV codes should be in 3 digits. Sometimes, you have to add 0 in front of the numbers.
5. Press the Channel Down button once every second until it turns off the TV.
6. Stop pressing the Channel Down button if the TV is turned off.
Note: Your TV will turn off only if you have entered the right code.
7. Press the TV Power button using the Fios remote to turn on your TV. Now you shall press all the remote buttons to ensure all functions are working perfectly.
8. Finally, click the OK button to save that code. The LED light will flash twice to confirm the setup.
You can install and use the Fios TV mobile remote app to control the set-top box from an Android or iPhone.
Press the Option button on the Fios remote. On the TV menu, click on Top Support Tools. After that, click on Reboot STB. From the warning prompt, click Confirm to begin the resetting process.
Press and hold the 2 and OK buttons at a time. Release the buttons once the red light starts to blink. Then press the buttons 9-0-0 in sequence. If the red light flashes on the remote, the reset is done.
You can check our guide on the Fios TV remote not working and follow the troubleshooting methods to fix the issue.