Why is Mi TV Remote Not Working: Fixes Worth Trying
Xiaomi Mi TV is an affordable smart TV that offers advanced features for a competitive price. You can use Mi Bluetooth Voice or Mi IR remote control to control your Mi TV. If the Mi TV remote is not working, you can fix it independently with the following troubleshooting techniques.
Reasons for Mi TV Remote Not Working
These are the common reasons for the Mi TV remote not working.
|1||If your Mi TV has a technical issue, it cannot receive signals from the Mi TV remote.|
|2||The Mi TV remote won’t respond if the batteries aren’t charged sufficiently.|
|3||If the remote has fallen from your hand, it will be prone to physical damage.|
|4||The remote won’t work if you forget to pair it with your Mi TV.|
|5||Since it is an electronic device, it will become faulty due to wear and tear.|
How to Troubleshoot Mi TV Remote Not Working
Follow these troubleshooting measures to fix Mi TV remote problems, if any.
Replace Remote Batteries
Firstly, it is mandatory to check whether the Mi TV remote batteries have sufficient charge. If you find that the batteries are dead, then you should replace the old batteries with new ones.
- For this purpose, remove the battery cover from the Mi TV remote compartment and insert the brand-new batteries based on their nodes.
- It is recommended to use Duracell or Energizer AAA batteries for long-lasting.
Pair the Remote
After replacing the batteries, pair the remote to know whether the remote is working.
- Take your Mi TV remote, and press and hold the MI and Home (O) buttons together simultaneously.
- Make sure to keep the remote in the shortest range to your TV.
- If the remote pairing is successful, you will hear a beep sound on your Mi TV as a confirmation.
- After that, check if you can use the remote controls.
Soft Reset Mi TV
Sometimes, Mi TVs may get into trouble due to a power outage. If that’s the case, you will not be able to use the Mi TV remote. Therefore, you need to soft reset Mi TV to fix the issue.
1. Unplug the power cable of the Mi TV from the outlet.
2. Keep it unplugged for about 10-15 seconds.
3. Then plug the cable back into the source and turn on your Mi TV.
Now test the Mi TV remote by pressing all the remote control buttons.
Use the Mi Remote Controller App
Mi TV Remote App is an official application to control Mi TV from an Android device.
- You can use this app to control your Mi TV if the remote is not working or when the batteries are down.
- The app is free to download from the Google Play Store.
- If your smartphone has an IR blaster, you can use this app without a WIFI network.
Check for Interference
In some cases, electronic gadgets may disrupt the signals, which can be the reason for the remote not working.
- So, you should keep the speakers and soundbars in a sense that is not interfering with the TV signal.
- If you keep other objects right in front of the sensor, it is impossible for the TV to receive signals from your remote.
- Hence, you should aim the remote at the TV sensor in a direct line of sight to eliminate errors.
Hard Reset Mi TV
If the remote is still not working, you can hard reset it. In this case, you have to use the Mi Remote Controller app from your smartphone.
1. Unplug the Mi TV cable from the power source.
2. Open the Mi Remote Controller app.
3. Using the remote interface, turn off your Mi TV by pressing the power button.
4. Next, press and hold the OK and BACK buttons simultaneously.
5. While holding these buttons, plug the Mi TV cable back in.
6. If you see the Mi TV starts running in recovery mode, release those buttons.
7. Use the directional keys and click on wipe data/factory reset.
8. Then tap Yes to confirm the reset.
9. Once done, click on Reboot system now.
Your Mi TV will restart now and reset to factory defaults. Further, pair the remote with your Mi TV and test it.
Buy a Universal Remote
If you need a convenient option, you can opt for a new universal remote. We recommend Xiaomi Mi TV universal remote, available on Amazon at a reasonable price.
Before you buy anything, read the product details and check whether your Mi TV is compatible with that remote. Furthermore, you should buy 2 AAA batteries additionally, which are not included with your purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
Download and install the Mi Remote Controller app on your Android device. Then you can use this app to control any Xiaomi Mi TV without a remote.
If your Mi TV is under the warranty period, you can contact Xiaomi Service Team via [email protected] and describe your issue.