How to Factory Reset Mi TV Without Remote
- Soft Reset Mi TV: Unplug the TV cord → After 30 seconds, plug it back in → Turn on the TV.
- Hard Reset Mi TV: Press the Reset button for 10-15 seconds to reset the TV without a remote.
- Use the Mi Remote app to reset the Xiaomi TV without a remote.
- Connect the Keyboard or Mouse to the TV’s HDMI port and use it to reset the TV.
- Buy and use a Universal Remote for Mi TV to reset it to factory defaults.
At times, Mi TV will get into problems like not connecting to WiFi, not turning off, or not showing on a wireless display. These problems are common and can be easily fixed by restarting your Mi TV. If the problem continues after restarting, you need to reset the Mi TV to fix the issues.
If your Mi TV remote is not working or if you have lost the remote, you might find it difficult to reset the Mi TV without a remote. In this case, you can easily reset the Mi TV by pressing the Reset button on the device. Alternatively, you can use the Mi TV remote app to navigate to TV Settings and can reset the device.
In this article, we have covered some easy ways to reset your Mi TV to factory settings without using a remote.
When Should I Reset Mi TV
If you have any of these reasons, you can perform a reset on your Mi TV to make it work properly.
|1||If there is no picture on the Mi TV screen while using any apps|
|2||If the Mi TV is not responding to the remote even though it is paired|
|3||If your Mi TV has a flickering issue due to unknown reasons|
|4||If the Mi TV name is not showing up on the remote app|
|5||If there is no sync between the audio and video on your Mi TV|
|6||When there is color distortion on the screen while changing channels|
|7||If you are about to sell your Mi TV, you must reset it to factory defaults|
How to Reset Mi Smart TV Without Remote
If the Mi TV keeps crashing while in use, you can either do a soft or hard reset to make it work.
How to Soft Reset Mi TV Without Remote
1. Turn off the Mi TV and remove the TV cord from the power source.
2. Wait for 60 seconds and plug the TV cord back into the power source.
3. Now hit the Power button present on the panel to turn On the Mi TV.
4. After turning on the TV, check whether the Mi TV not working issues have been resolved after the reset.
How to Hard Reset Mi TV Without Remote
You can follow any of the convenient methods to hard reset the Mi TV or box without a remote.
Use Physical buttons to Hard Reset the Mi TV
1. Find the Reset pinhole button of the Mi TV on the back or side panel of the TV.
2. Long press the Reset button for about 12-15 seconds by using any tiny sharp objects like a needle, pen, toothpick, etc.
3. Now, your Mi TV will automatically turn on and off.
4. After the factory reset, check whether your Mi TV is working without any issues.
Use the Remote App to Hard Reset Mi TV
Before following these steps, connect your smartphone and Mi TV to the same WiFi network.
1. Unlock your smartphone and open the Google Play Store app.
2. Type Mi TV Remote app in the search bar and search for the app.
3. Choose Mi Remote Controller from the search result and click the Install button to begin the installation.
4. Open the app and tap the Agree on the pop-up window to accept its terms & conditions.
5. On the home screen interface, tap the Add Remote option.
6. From the list of available devices, choose your Mi TV name.
7. Now, you will get a virtual remote interface to control your Mi TV.
8. Using that, go to Settings >> Device Preferences >> Factory Reset >> Erase Everything.
Use an External Keyboard to Reset the Mi TV
You can use any wireless keyboard or mouse to control your Mi TV like a PC. Most Mi TV has multiple USB ports that you can use to connect external devices like a keyboard or mouse. Though there are many keyboards, we have handpicked the best recommendations as they feature a built-in mouse pad for quick navigation control.
How to Factory Reset Xiaomi Smart TV With Remote
1. Disconnect the TV cord from the power socket.
2. Next, press and hold the OK and BACK buttons simultaneously on the Mi TV remote.
3. While holding these buttons, plug the Mi TV cord back in.
4. If you see that the Mi TV starts running in recovery mode, release those buttons.
5. Use the directional keys on the Mi TV remote and click on wipe data/factory reset.
6. Click Yes to confirm the reset.
7. Once done, tap on Reboot system now.
8. Your Mi TV will restart now and reset to factory defaults.
After that, you can pair a Mi remote and start using it to control your device.
Buy a Universal Remote
If you need a convenient option to perform a factory reset, you can opt for a new universal remote. There are many universal remotes available in online and offline stores. Hence, you need to read the product details and check the compatibility of your TV remote before buying it online. We recommend buying the Mi TV universal remote, which is available on Amazon at a lower price.
In some Mi TV models, you can find the reset pinhole button on the back side of the Mi TV.
To resolve the black screen issue, you need to hard reset your Mi TV.
Yes. You can hard reset your Mi TV Stick using the Mi TV remote app. Use the Remote app to navigate to Settings → Device Preferences → Factory Reset → Erase Everything.