How to Download and Use the Mi TV Remote App
- Using Mi TV Remote Controller App: Open Mi Remote Controller → Tap Agree → Click Add Remote → Select TV → Mi TV → Start using the remote control.
- Using Google TV App: Open Google TV → Select Remote → Click Scan for devices → Select your Mi TV → Enter Pairing code → The remote control interface will appear.
Xiaomi’s Mi TV is popular among Smart TV users due to its excellent picture quality and advanced specifications. The majority of Mi TVs support Dolby Vision and HDR10. Even though it has the best features, there are times the Mi TV remote will stop working when it gets too old or damaged. In such cases, you can download and use the Mi TV Remote app as an alternative like Seiki TV Remote app. It is a way useful if you want if you don’t want to rely on the replacement Mi TV remote controller.
How to Download Mi TV Remote App (Android)
Mi Remote Controller is an official remote control application for Mi Smart TV. Download this app for free from the Google Play Store.
1. Open the Google Play Store app on your Android smartphone or tablet.
2. Search for Mi Remote Controller by entering the title in the search bar.
3. Choose the Mi Remote Controller app icon from the search result.
4. Click on Install to download the app on your Android phone from the Play Store.
5. After the installation, tap Open to run the app.
Note: You shall learn to set up and use Sanyo TV Remote App if you have any of its models to control the TV without using the physical remote controller.
How to Use Mi TV Remote App
1. Connect your device to the same WIFI network as your Mi TV.
2. Open the Mi Remote Controller app on your Android smartphone/tablet.
3. Then click on Agree to accept the terms and conditions.
4. Further, tap Add Remote.
5. From the list of options, click on the TV.
6. Select Mi TV from the list of supported TV brands.
7. Now, aim the remote at the TV and press the Power button that appears on your smartphone.
8. If your Mi TV has turned off, click on Yes from the pop-up.
9. After that, rename the TV as you wish and proceed.
10. The remote interface will appear on your smartphone screen.
This way, you can use this app to control your TV.
Note: Check out the article to set up and use DIRECTV Remote App to control the service on your TV.
How to Control Mi TV using the Google TV App (Android/iOS)
Google TV is an application to get details about the movies or TV shows that you want to watch instantly. In addition, you can also use this app to control any Android TV from your smartphone virtually.
1. Install the Google TV app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Connect your smartphone and Mi Android TV to the same WIFI network.
3. Open the Google TV app and click the Remote option at the bottom right.
4. Following that, tap Scan for devices.
5. Select your Mi TV.
6. Enter the pairing code displayed on the TV screen.
7. After entering the code, control Mi TV using the remote interface.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Instead, download the Google TV app on your iPhone or iPad. Then you can control your Mi TV with this app. Make sure to connect both devices to the same WIFI network.
If you have an Android device, install the Mi Remote Controller app and then pair your Mi TV. From now onwards, you can use the Mi Remote Controller app to control your Mi TV without a remote.
You shall unpair and re-pair the app to the TV. If that doesn’t resolve, you shall use a Mi TV replacement remote controller.