How to Reset Philips TV Remote When it isn’t Working
- Soft Reset Philips TV Remote: Remove the remote batteries → Press and hold the Power button for 60 seconds → Continue to press all remote buttons → Whack the backside of the remote → Insert new batteries back into the remote.
- Reset Philips TV Remote to Factory Settings: Press the OK and MUTE buttons at a time → Click the SELECT button → Choose a Mode to erase → Press the OK button.
Sometimes, the Philips TV remote may stop working due to wear and tear. In unfortunate cases, you might have unfortunately spilled something on the remote, and it becomes impossible to use the remote until you clean it properly. If you don’t know what causes the remote to not work, you shall proceed to reset the Philips TV remote to factory default settings.
Reasons to Reset the Philips TV Remote
- Power button not working
- If one, two, or three remote buttons went unresponsive
- When the remote volume buttons are not working
How to Soft Reset Philips TV Remote
Follow these instructions to reset the Philips TV Remote.
1. Remove the batteries from the remote compartment.
2. Then press and hold the Power button on the remote.
📌 Press the Power button for at least one minute to drain the power residuals.
3. After a minute, press all the remote buttons multiple times.
4. You should keep pressing the button until you feel no buttons are stuck.
5. If necessary, whack the back side of the remote once or twice.
💡 If you slap so badly, it is possible for the remote to get physical damage. So do it wisely!
6. Now, insert the new batteries back into the remote compartment.
Note: There are about 5 different ways in which you can connect Philips TV to WIFI Without a Remote.
How to Reset Philips TV Remote to Factory Settings
1. Switch on your Philips TV and ensure it is on TV mode.
2. On the remote, press the OK and MUTE buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds.
3. This will turn on the indicator light on DVD, R SAT TV, VCR, and AUX.
4. Press the SELECT/INPUT button and click on the mode you want to erase.
5. Click the OK button to proceed.
💡 If you want to cancel the process, press and hold the SELECT button for 3 seconds to return.
This will reset the selected mode back to factory settings.
How to Reset Philips TV to Factory Settings
1. Press the Home button on the Philips TV remote.
2. After that, click on All Settings.
3. Choose General Settings.
4. Following that, click on Reinstall TV.
This will delete the installed applications permanently and restore your Philips TV to factory defaults.
Frequently Asked Question
Firstly, you have to replace the old remote batteries with newer ones. Then check the remote control status. Make sure to remove interferences, if any. Next, restart the Philips TV remote and your Philips TV. Lastly, pair the Philips TV remote to fix the issue.
Press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on your Philips TV. When it shows a list of options, press the P+ and P- buttons to move the cursor up or down. Press the Volume buttons to select Settings. Further, click on Reset AV Settings → Start Now. Finally, press the OK button to reset Philips TV.