- Soft Reset Haier TV Without Remote: Unplug TV cord → Press Power key → Plug TV cord → Press Power key.
- Physical Keys: Press Menu → Settings → Device Preferences → Factory data reset → Erase everything → Click Yes.
- Recovery Mode: Press the Reset button for 20 seconds → Recovery Mode → Follow the prompts to reset.
- Remote App: Open Haier TV Remote app → Select Haier Model → Press Menu → Settings → Device Preferences → Factory Reset/Reset → Click Reset.
- The Roku App: Open The Roku App → Devices → Select Haier Roku TV → Remote → Settings → Advanced sytem settings → Factory reset → Factory reset everything.
- Google TV App: Open Google TV → TV Remote → Choose Haier Google TV → Profile → Settings → System → About → Reset → Factory Data Reset → Erase everything.
Resetting is the best way to fix minor and major issues with the Haier TV and bring it to working condition. But sometimes, you will be disappointed if the Haier TV remote is not working when you want to reset the TV. Instead of figuring out why, we recommend users follow these alternative ways to reset the Haier TV without a remote.
This article teaches the simplest techniques to reset the Haier TV when the remote is not responding.
When Should I Reset Haier TV Without Remote
If you encounter any of these problems, it is recommended to reset your Haier TV.
|If your Haier TV keeps freezing or stuck while loading any media content
|When your Haier TV starts to misbehave due to an internal glitch
|If Haier TV displays only a black screen while switching TV channels
|If you can’t install apps on TV from the official app store
|When you want to sell your Haier TV, a reset is mandatory to erase the data
|If there is a sound issue or Haier TV fails to receive signals from the set-top box
|If Haier TV is not connecting to WiFi due to unknown errors
How to Soft Reset Haier TV Without Remote
Soft resetting the Haier TV lets you fix issues like slow loading, app crashing, and TV turning off. The good thing is it won’t erase any data in the Haier TV. Also, you don’t need to use the TV remote for this process.
1. Unplug the TV cord from the power source.
2. Leave it unplugged for 1 minute.
3. Locate and press the Power button on the Haier TV for 10-15 seconds.
4. Plug the TV cord back in and press the Power button again to turn on the Haier TV.
How to Hard Reset Haier Smart TV Without Remote
If you don’t mind deleting the installed applications and accounts on the Haier TV, you can do a hard reset.
Using Physical Buttons to Factory Reset Haier TV
Haier Smart TV will have physical buttons on the backside of the TV. If you can’t find the buttons, they will be on the TV frame’s underside or left or right side corner.
1. Hit the Menu button on your Haier TV.
2. Click Settings and choose Device Preferences. Press the Channel key to move up/down and the Volume key to select.
3. Further, select Factory data reset/Reset using the volume key.
4. Following that, select Erase Everything and select Yes on the next screen.
Using Recovery Mode
1. Find the Reset button pinhole on the backside of the Haier Roku TV.
2. Insert a paperclip or ballpoint pen into the reset pinhole button. Press the Reset button and hold it for 20 seconds.
3. Your Haier Roku TV will restart, and the Recovery Mode will appear on the screen.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Haier TV to factory defaults.
Use the Remote App to Reset Haier TV
If you are using Haier Android TV or Haier Google TV, there are some third-party apps to control your Haier TV without a remote. You must have an Android smartphone with a built-in IR blaster to use this app.
1. Install the Haier TV Remote app from the Play Store on your Android.
2. Open the Haier TV Remote app and select Haier TV Model.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to learn how it works.
4. Finally, you will get a remote interface to control your TV.
5. Press the Menu button on the virtual remote.
6. Go to Settings → Device Preferences.
7. Scroll down, select Reset, and click Reset to confirm.
Use The Roku App to Reset Haier Roku TV
If you using Haier Roku TV, you can use The Roku App to reset the TV to its factory settings.
1. Install The Roku App on your smartphone from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Connect your Haier Roku TV and smartphone to the same WiFi.
3. Open The Roku App and click Devices.
4. Select Haier Roku TV to pair and click Remote to get the remote interface.
5. Go to the home screen, click Settings, and choose Advanced system settings.
6. Select Factory reset and choose Factory reset everything.
Use the Google TV App to Reset Haier Google TV
You can control Haier Google TV using the Google TV app if the TV and phone are connected to the same WiFi network.
1. Install and open the Google TV app on your Android or iPhone.
2. Click the Remote or TV Remote icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. When it scans for devices, select your Haier Google TV to get a virtual remote interface.
4. Click the Profile icon and tap Settings.
5. Select System → About → Reset.
6. Click Factory Data Reset and choose Erase Everything to begin the reset.
How to Reset Older Haier TV With Remote
1. Click the Home or Menu button on the Haier TV remote.
2. Go to Settings, click on General/Common, and tap OK.
3. Click on System Recovery, enter the passcode (0000), and press OK.
4. Lastly, tap Recovery to confirm the reset.
Your Haier TV will restart now to fix the problems automatically.
How to Factory Reset Haier TV With Remote
Depending on the operating system, the resetting procedure will vary for each Haier Smart TV.
For Haier Google TV
1. Press the Quick Settings button on the Haier TV remote.
2. Click on Settings on the TV screen and select System.
3. Click on About and select Reset.
4. Select Factory data reset and click on Erase Everything.
You have successfully reset the Haier Google TV using the remote controller.
For Haier Android TV
1. Press the Home button on the Haier Android TV remote.
2. Click on Settings → Device Preferences → Reset.
3. Select Erase Everything and click Yes to proceed.
Haier Android TV will restart automatically to finish the resetting process.
For Haier Roku TV
1. Press the Home button on the Roku remote and click Settings.
2. Select System and click on Advanced System Settings.
3. Click on Factory reset → Factory reset everything.
That’s it. You have successfully reset Haier Roku TV to its defaults.
Buy a Universal Remote
If your Haier TV remote doesn’t work properly, buy a new universal remote from Amazon and use it as a replacement. The universal remote is very cheap, and you can control multiple devices with one remote. However, you must program a universal remote with Haier TV remote codes to start controlling the TV.
Remove the batteries from the remote. Press the Power button and hold it for 20 seconds. Press all buttons multiple times. Insert the batteries back in. Test whether the remote works.
Yes. You can connect Haier TV to WiFi without a remote using the IR blaster remote app.