How to Install and Use the Haier TV Remote App
- Using Google TV: Open Google TV → Sign in to your Google account → Click TV Remote → Choose Haier Android TV → Enter the code → Tap Pair → Use the remote control.
- Using The Roku App: Launch The Roku App → Sign in to your Roku account → Tap Devices → Select Haier Roku TV → Click the Remote icon → Start using the virtual remote.
- Use third-party apps like Haier TV Remote, Remote for Haier Smart TV, or Haier TV Remote Controller to control Haier TV.
If the Haier TV remote is not working, you can use the Haier TV remote app as a remote control. Hence, you don’t need to spend money to purchase a new remote. To use remote apps, you should connect your smartphone and the Haier TV to the same WIFI network. You can still control your Haier TV using IR-based third-party apps if you don’t have a wireless connection.
Key Features of the Haier TV Remote App
- Enter passwords or search for entertainment content using a built-in keyboard.
- Add programs or TV shows to your watchlist.
- Cast audio or video files to your Haier TV.
- Use voice commands to play TV shows and movies.
- Control multiple TVs with a virtual remote.
How to Control Haier TV Using the Remote App
Haier TV can be controlled from an Android or iOS smartphone using the following methods.
- Google TV
- The Roku App
- Third-Party App
Use the Google TV App as a Haier TV Remote
The Google TV app allows you to explore movies, TV shows, and other entertainment content. It helps to search for your favorite titles and provides information on where to watch. You can buy or rent movies directly from the shop tab or download them to watch offline.
Follow the below steps to use the Google TV app as a remote control for Haier TV.
1. Connect your Android/iOS smartphone and Haier Android TV to the same WIFI network.
2. Go to the Play Store or App Store on your Android or iOS smartphone.
3. Type Google TV in the search field and locate the app.
4. Select Google TV when the search results appear.
5. Click Get or Install to proceed with the installation.
6. Once done, tap Open to run the Google TV app.
7. Sign in to your Google account.
8. Click the TV Remote icon at the bottom right of the home screen.
9. Select your Haier Android TV.
10. Enter the code displayed on the TV screen and click Pair.
11. Start controlling your Haier Android TV using the Google TV remote app.
How to Control Haier Roku TV Using The Roku App
The Roku App is a convenient streaming companion to access Haier TV from your smartphone. For this to work, you must connect your Roku device to the same WIFI network as your smartphone.
Here are the instructions to control Haier Roku TV using The Roku App.
1. Launch the Play Store or App Store on your Android or iOS smartphone.
2. Search for The Roku App by entering the title in the search bar.
3. Choose The Roku App to go to the download page.
4. Install The Roku App by clicking the Install or Get button.
5. Click Open to launch The Roku App on your Android or iOS smartphone.
6. Sign in to your Roku account.
7. Choose the Devices tab at the bottom of the screen.
8. When it starts searching for devices, select your Haier Roku TV from the list.
9. Once connected, tap the Remote icon to access the remote interface.
10. You can use voice commands or the keyboard to search for a title on Haier Roku TV.
Install Third-Party Remote Apps to Control Haier TV
Alternatively, you can use third-party remote apps for controlling Haier TV if you don’t have a WIFI network. These apps will work by transmitting IR signals to your TV, so your smartphone should have an IR blaster.
The following are the remote apps to control Haier TV from an Android smartphone.
- Haier TV Remote
- Remote for Haier Smart TV
- Haier TV Remote Controller
Haier TV Remote
Haier TV Remote is an Android app developed by Remote Planet. It looks almost like your original remote, so it is easy to use. This app provides dedicated buttons for power, volume, mute, input, home, channel, menu, etc. Haier TV remote is supported on smartphones running Android 4.4 and above.
Remote for Haier Smart TV
Remote for Haier Smart TV is another third-party app to control Haier TV without a remote. It consists of several Haier TV remotes to pick the compatible one you need. This app works on smartphones running Android 5.0 or later. Make sure that the smartphone has an IR blaster.
Haier TV Remote Controller
Haier TV Remote Controller is an IR-based remote control app for Haier TV. It features all the remote keys of your original remote. Furthermore, you should ensure that your smartphone has an IR blaster and runs Android 4.4 and up to use this app.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can buy the Haier TV universal remote on Amazon at a reasonable price. The universal remote is also compatible with other TV brands like Sony, Samsung, LG, Vizio, Panasonic, TCL, and more.