How to Program DirecTV Remote to Vizio TV With or Without Code
- Program New DirecTV Remote to Vizio TV: Turn on Vizio TV → Switch to TV mode → Press MUTE and SELECT buttons → Enter 4-digit code → Press OFF button.
- Program Old DirecTV Remote to Vizio TV: Turn on Vizio TV → Switch to TV mode → Press MUTE and SELECT buttons → Enter 4-digit code → Press PWR button.
- Program DirecTV Remote Without Code: Turn off Vizio TV → Switch to TV mode → Press MUTE and SELECT buttons → Enter code 9-9-1 → Press 1 button → Press CH- button → Press SELECT button → Press Power button.
- Program DirecTV Genie Remote to Vizio TV: Aim the remote at the receiver → Press MUTE and ENTER buttons → Applying IR/RF setup message appears → Press Menu button → Settings & Help → Settings → Remote Control → Program Remote → Select TV → Follow the on-screen instructions.
If you are a Vizio TV user, you don’t need to worry if you have a DirecTV remote. It is a universal remote by default, so you can replace it when the Vizio TV remote is not working. Besides the Vizio TV remote, you can use the DirecTV universal remote to control the TV, soundbar, gaming console, and DVD player. However, the procedure to program a DirecTV remote will differ for old and new models.
This article will teach you how to program a DirecTV universal remote to the Vizio TV in easy steps.
DirecTV Remote Codes for Vizio TV
How to Program New DirecTV Remote to Vizio TV [RC70 Series]
1. Turn on the Vizio TV using the physical power button.
2. Next, adjust the slider on the DirecTV remote to the TV mode.
3. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT buttons together on the DirecTV remote.
4. Keep hold of these buttons until the indicator light on the remote blinks twice.
5. Refer to the above table and enter the 4-digit code using the remote’s number pad.
6. Aim the remote at the TV receiver and press the OFF button once.
7. If the code is valid, Vizio TV will turn off. Otherwise, repeat steps 3-6 with a new code.
Note: Similarly, you can program the DirecTV Remote to Samsung TV by entering the Samsung TV remote codes.
How to Program Old DirecTV Remote to Vizio TV [RC60 Series]
1. Ensure that the Vizio TV is turned on.
2. Point the DirecTV remote at the Vizio TV and press the SELECT and MUTE buttons simultaneously.
3. Release these buttons if the remote indicator light flashes twice.
4. Refer to the above table and enter the 4-digit code using the DirecTV remote.
5. If the green light blinks twice, the code is valid.
6. Point the remote at the TV and press the PWR button. Vizio TV will turn off.
7. If not, repeat steps 2-6 with an alternate code.
How to Program DirecTV Remote to Vizio TV Without Code
1. Turn off the Vizio TV by pressing the physical power button.
2. Adjust the slider on the DirecTV remote to TV mode.
3. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT buttons on the remote.
4. Release these buttons if the remote indicator light flashes twice.
5. Enter the code 9-9-1, and the indicator light will flash twice.
6. After entering the code, press the 1 button.
7. Aim the DirecTV remote at the TV and press the CH- button every second until it turns on the TV. It would even take 50-100 clicks if your TV is very old.
8. If the Vizio TV turns on, press the SELECT button on the DirecTV remote. The remote indicator light will blink twice.
9. Press the Power button to check whether it turns off the Vizio TV.
If the Vizio TV is turned off, you have successfully programmed the DirecTV remote to the Vizio TV.
Note: Likewise, you can easily program a DirecTV remote to Sony TV if the remote codes don’t work for you.
How to Program DirecTV Genie Remote to Vizio Smart TV
1. Aim the DirecTV Genie Remote at the receiver you have.
2. Press the MUTE and ENTER buttons and keep hold of them.
3. Release these buttons if the green indicator light on the remote flashes twice.
4. Applying IR/RF setup message will appear on the screen.
5. Turn on the Vizio TV.
6. Press the Menu button on the DirecTV remote.
7. Click on Settings & Help from the list of options.
8. Select Settings and choose Remote Control.
9. Click on Program Remote.
10. Choose TV from the devices list.
11. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to program the remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can program the DirecTV Genie Remote RC73 to Vizio TV by visiting the Remote Control settings.
To reset the DirecTV remote, press the SELECT and MUTE buttons → Press 9-8-1 → Press SELECT and MUTE buttons → Press 9-6-1 → Press Channel Up once → Press Enter.
It is due to weak batteries. If the indicator light blinks green faster, the batteries are average. If the light blinks slower or there is no light, replace the batteries to fix the DirecTV remote not working issue.