3 Ways to Program DirecTV Remote to Sony TV: Explained
- Program DirecTV Remote to Sony TV:
- Press the Menu button on remote → Settings → Remote Control → Program Remote → Visit the DirecTV code lookup tool webpage → Select remote → Add New TV → Select Sony → Click on I don’t know my model number → Enter displayed code → Press Power button to test the remote.
- Program DirecTV Remote to Sony TV Without Codes:
- Turn on Sony TV → Slide the DirecTV Remote switch to TV mode → Press & hold the MUTE & SELECT buttons until the green light blinks twice → Enter 9911, the green light will blink twice → Aim the remote at the TV & press Channel Up button until the TV turns off → Press SELECT button to save code → Press Power button.
DirecTV Stream lets you watch live TV channels, on-demand titles, and DVR recordings. You will get a universal remote control with playback controls like play, pause, rewind, stop, etc. The remote can control 4 devices such as TVs, soundbars, gaming consoles, and DVD players. However, you should pair the remote with the relevant device. Before checking out the DirecTV Remote Codes, Sony TV users shall learn to program the DirecTV remote.
How to Program DirecTV Remote to Sony Bravia TV
Follow these steps to pair the DirecTV remote with your Sony TV.
1. Make sure that the Sony TV is turned on.
2. Press the Menu button on the DirecTV remote.
3. Go to Parental Favorites and Setup.
4. Then click on System Setup.
5. Select the Remote/Remote Control option and tap Program Remote.
6. Adjust the slider on the DirecTV remote to TV mode.
7. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT buttons simultaneously.
💡 Keep hold of these buttons until the green indicator light blinks twice.
8. Enter any Sony TV remote codes using the remote buttons.
Note: You can visit the DirecTV Remote Control Code Lookup tool to identify the exact remote code for your remote.
9. Once you have entered the code, the green indicator light will blink twice.
10. Press the Power button to test the remote.
📌 If the remote has been successfully programmed with the Sony TV, it will turn off the TV. Else, repeat the same steps with a different code.
How to Program DirecTV Genie Remote to Sony TV
Here are the steps to pair the DirecTV Genie Remote with your Sony TV.
1. Switch on the Sony TV by pressing the TV power button.
2. Adjust the remote slider to the TV mode.
3. Aim the remote at the TV and press the Menu button.
4. Further, head to Settings and click on Remote Control.
5. Next, point the remote to the TV and press and hold the SELECT and MUTE buttons together.
6. Release both buttons once the indicator light on the remote blinks twice.
7. Then, enter the Sony TV code 961 using the DirecTV remote keys.
8. Further, tap Program Remote.
9. Click on Change TV.
10. Next, search or select Sony from the list and click on OK.
11. Follow the on-screen guidelines to complete the remote pairing.
12. Later, press the Power button to check whether it turns off the Sony TV.
FYI: If you have reset your DirecTV Remote as a troubleshooting idea, you need to program it to control the TV.
How to Program DirecTV Remote RC73 to Sony TV
The following are the steps to pair the DirecTV Remote RC73 with your Sony TV.
1. Aim the remote at the Genie HD DVR, Genie Mini, or Wireless Genie Mini.
2. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT buttons until the green light on the remote blinks twice.
3. Next, press the code 961 using the number buttons.
4. After that, press the Channel Up button once and click on Enter.
5. If you see Your Remote is now setup for RF message on the TV screen, click on OK.
6. Turn on the Sony TV and press the Menu button.
7. Go to Settings and select Remote Control.
8. Further, tap Program Remote and select Sony TV.
9. Follow the on-screen guidelines to pair the remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are using Sony DirecTV Ready TV, you need to enter the manufacturer code 54001.
Take the DirecTV Universal Remote or Genie Remote. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT buttons simultaneously until the green light on the indicator flashes thrice. Enter 9-8-1 using the number buttons on the remote and press the SELECT button. The green indicator light will flash 4 times to complete the reset.