How to Turn on Vizio TV Without Remote
Vizio is the most-wished TV brand that offers more features at a reasonable cost. It is preloaded with a WatchFree+ streaming service that offers 250+ free TV channels and 5000+ on-demand titles for free. Vizio TV is also compatible with Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa. But, we might have to turn on or control Vizio TV without a remote because of some instances when the Vizio TV remote is not working or misplacing the remote.
Methods to Turn On Vizio TV Without Remote
The following methods are to turn on your Vizio TV without using a remote.
- Television Buttons
- VIZIO Mobile (VIZIO SmartCast Mobile)
- External Device
Turn On Vizio TV Using the Television Buttons
Every TV will have physical buttons you can use in an emergency. The buttons may be on its backside, bottom right, or bottom left for Vizio TV. It may vary depending on the TV models. From there, you can press and hold the power button to turn it on or off.
Turn On Vizio TV Using the VIZIO SmartCast App
VIZIO Mobile is the official remote controller application for Vizio TV. It was previously called VIZIO SmartCast Mobile. You can download the app on Android or iOS from Google Play or App Store. However, updating your Vizio Smart TV to the latest version is recommended before you begin.
1. Launch the VIZIO Mobile app on your smartphone.
2. Tap Devices and click on Add in the upper right corner.
3. Keep your smartphone within a range of 10 feet to the TV and choose your Vizio TV.
4. Once the pairing is successful, tap the Remote icon at the bottom.
5. The remote layout will appear. Click the Power button to turn on your Vizio TV.
Note: The VIZIO TV Remote App is not supported for Vizio TV models released before 2015.
Turn On Vizio TV Using External Devices
Surprisingly, you can use devices like PlayStation and Nintendo Switch to turn on Vizio TV.
1. First of all, connect your PS4 console to your Vizio TV with the help of an HDMI cable.
2. After that, launch Settings on your console.
3. Scroll down and click on System.
4. Next, select the Enable HDMI Device Link check box.
5. From now onwards, turning on your console will also turn on the Vizio TV.
Using Nintendo Switch
1. Connect your Nintendo Switch to Vizio Smart TV using the dock.
2. Go to System Settings on Nintendo.
3. Choose TV Settings from the left sidebar.
4. Next, turn on Match TV Power State.
5. Hereafter, switching on your Nintendo will turn on your Vizio Smart TV.
How to Reset Vizio TV Without Remote
1. Press the power button of your Vizio TV to turn it on.
2. Once it has turned on, press and hold the Input and Volume Down buttons at a time for 15 seconds.
3. You will see a screen prompt to reset your Vizio TV. Press the Input button to proceed.
4. As a result, the entire data will be erased, and the Vizio TV will restart automatically.
First, turn on your Roku-connected Vizio TV and head to Settings. After that, select Remote and set up the remote for TV control. Next, enter Vizio using the on-screen keyboard and click on it. Now, point your Roku remote to the TV and follow the instructions. At last, click the power button on Roku remote to turn on/off your Vizio TV.
First, download and install the VIZIO Mobile app on your smartphone. Then follow the above instructions to enable remote control for controlling your Vizio TV volume.
You can connect your Vizio TV to the internet using an ethernet cable. First, use the VIZIO Mobile app to go to Settings. Then select Network → Wired Network. Once connected, you will get a confirmation message on the screen.