How to Change Input on Vizio TV Without Remote
- Press the panel keys on Vizio TV to change the input.
- Via TV Control for Vizio TV App: Open TV Control for Vizio TV → Select Remote Interface → Infrared Option (IR) → Tap the INPUT button.
- Using VIZIO Mobile App: Open VIZIO Mobile → Select Vizio TV → Enter a 4-digit code → Tap the Remote tab → Click the Input button.
- Connecting a wired or wireless keyboard or mouse to change Vizio Smart TV input.
- Plug in a streaming device to forcibly change the input of the Vizio TV.
You might be confused or wondering if your Vizio TV remote has stopped working. There is nothing to worry about because there are many useful ways to control your Vizio Smart TV. Since it is a smart television, you can even control it from your smartphone using an IR blaster. If you want to change the input on Vizio TV without a remote, TV buttons, keyboard, or mouse, or by using a universal remote. Besides the physical remote, you shall also use the Vizio TV Remote App to change the input.
How to Change Input on Vizio TV (Using Vizio TV Buttons)
You can simply press the TV panel keys on Vizio TV to change the input of the Vizio TV. The panel buttons are primarily located on the side panel of the back side of your TV.
1. Press the Power button of the Vizio TV to turn it on.
2. Next, click on the Menu button to view the pop-up.
3. Use the volume keys to highlight an option from left to right.
4. After that, select the Setup option.
5. Use the channel keys to highlight up or down.
6. Tap the Source option.
That’s it! Now you change the input of your choice by selecting it.
How to Change Input on Vizio TV (Using your Smartphone)
Nowadays, the majority of smartphones have an IR blaster feature by default. Using this feature, you can easily control your Vizio TV using a third-party remote app.
1. Download the TV Remote Control for Vizio TV app on your Android smartphone.
2. Open the TV Remote Control for Vizio TV app.
3. Click the three horizontal lines menu and select the Remote interface type.
4. Choose the Infrared (IR) option.
5. The remote interface will appear now.
6. Tap the INPUT button at the top left corner, and you can change the input.
How to Change Input on Vizio TV (Using VIZIO Mobile App)
VIZIO Mobile (previously Vizio SmartCast) is an official remote control application for Vizio TV. The app lets you change the input of Vizio TV from your iOS or Android device. Before you begin, connect your Vizio TV to the same WIFI network as your smartphone.
1. Download the VIZIO Mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Open the VIZIO Mobile app.
3. Create a VIZIO account for free or continue as a guest.
Note: You will be guided through instructions if you are creating a account for the first time.
4. When you sign in, you will see a list of VIZIO devices on the home screen.
5. Select your Vizio TV from the list.
6. Enter the 4-digit code displayed on the TV screen to pair.
7. Once connected, click the Remote tab at the bottom left.
8. Click the INPUT option in the upper left corner to change the input.
How to Change Input on Vizio TV (Using Keyboard/Mouse)
Alternatively, you can use a wired/wireless keyboard or mouse. For multipurpose, purchase a Logitech K830 keyboard with a built-in touchpad for easy control. The keyboard is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, and Chrome OS. Just plug the USB adapter into the Vizio TV’s port, and it is all set for controlling the TV. Now you can use the mousepad to go to Input settings and change the input you want.
How to Change Input on Vizio TV (Using Streaming Device)
If you have Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick, or Apple TV, you can change the input very easily without a remote. You have to plug your streaming device right into the TV’s HDMI port. Later, it will automatically switch the input to the streaming device. Your Vizio TV has to be turned on while you connect a streaming device. If it doesn’t detect, unplug the device from the port. Then wait 20 minutes and plug it back into the TV’s port.
Bonus: Buy a Universal Remote
It is also a good choice to purchase a new universal remote if you want something handy. Luckily, the universal remote for Vizio TV is available online at an affordable cost. Depending upon the functional requirements, the prices for the remote may vary. Ensure to read the description and model compatibility before you buy it online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Point the universal remote to your TV. Then locate and press the Input button. Select the desired input that you want to change.
Firstly, press the Input button on the Vizio TV remote, and use the directional keys to choose the appropriate HDMI source. Press the OK button to confirm the selection.