How to Connect Vizio TV to WiFi Without Remote
- Using Keyboard – Turn on TV → Press Volume & Input Button → Hold Input button → Plug Keyboard → Connect to WiFi
- Using Ethernet Cable – Plug Ethernet Cable → Turn off TV → Power on TV
Vizio Smart TV is well-versed and ranks top in the television market. As of 2022, Vizio has sold more than 85 million televisions worldwide. It also has an exclusive VIZIO Mobile app for Android or iOS smartphones. You can use this app as a remote controller for Vizio Smart TV. This app is useful when the Vizio TV remote is not working or is misplaced. Similarly, you can even connect Vizio TV to WiFi without using a remote.
Connect Vizio TV to WiFi Without Remote
There are many reliable methods available to connect the Vizio TV to WiFi without a Remote. So, we have the liberty to check all the methods and choose the best on that works for us.
Connect USB Keyboard to Vizio TV
1. Turn on your Vizio TV by using the panel key.
Note: The power button of Vizio TV will be located on the left or right backside, or beneath the Vizio logo.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down and Input buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds.
3. Now, a screen prompt will appear. Press and hold the Input button for 10 seconds.
4. Your Vizio TV will begin to reset after 10 seconds.
5. After resetting, plug the USB keyboard into the TV’s port.
Note: You can also connect the wireless keyboard by plugging the adapter into the port.
Using the keyboard, go to the network settings on Vizio TV. Select your Wi-Fi network and enter the password to connect.
Connect Ethernet Cable to Vizio TV
1. At first, plug the ethernet cable’s one end into the Vizio TV port.
2. Next, plug the other end into the Wi-Fi router.
3. Turn off your Vizio TV by pressing the power button on the TV.
4. Now, turn on the Vizio TV, and it will automatically discover the internet via ethernet.
Note: If not, use the keyboard to go to network settings and select the ethernet cable connection from there.
Using the Universal Remote
1. Once you turn on the Vizio TV, connect it to the internet.
2. Now, you have to set up the universal remote using the user manual of Vizio TV.
Note: You must learn about the universal remote codes for Vizio TV to finish setting up.
3. Upon pairing the remote, go to Menu and click on Network.
4. It will scan for nearby Wi-Fi networks.
5. Select your Wi-Fi network and enter a valid password to connect.
Using the Vizio SmartCast Mobile App
1. Install the VIZIO Mobile app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
2. After the installation, open the VIZIO Mobile app.
3. You can either create an account or use it as a guest.
4. Click on Select Device from the screen prompt.
5. From the nearby connections, select your Vizio TV to connect.
6. Enter the PIN that appears on the TV screen.
With this app, you can control the Vizio TV to set up a Wi-Fi network.
Use Third-party Remote Apps
Nowadays, the majority of smartphones have an IR blaster feature by default. You can install the Vizio TV remote control apps from Google Play or App Store. However, you have to connect your device and the TV to the same Wi-Fi network to use it. Notably, some apps do not support Vizio TV. So, it is always better to use the VIZO Mobile remote app.
Buy Replacement Remote
It is also a good option to buy a replacement remote to fix the issue. Several brands are offering replacement remotes at an affordable cost. You will get plenty of choices to purchase a Vizio universal remote on Amazon.
First of all, unplug the power cord of the TV from the source. Press and hold the Power button for 3-5 seconds and release it. Again, reconnect the power cord to the TV and turn it on.
First, pair the universal remote with your Vizio TV. Then go to Menu and select Network from the options. It will start to scan to nearby Wi-Fi networks. Select your Wi-Fi network from the list and enter the password to connect.