How to Change Input on Onn TV With or Without Remote
- Using Physical Buttons: Press the Input/Source button and hold it → Highlight the input using Channel buttons → Press the Volume button to confirm → It will change to the selected input.
- Using The Roku App: Open The Roku App → Tap Devices → Select Onn Roku TV → Click Remote → Tap the Home button → Click Settings → Select TV Inputs → Highlight the input → Tap OK.
- Connect a wireless keyboard or mouse to change the Onn TV input without a remote.
Onn TV is a renowned television brand introduced by Durabrand in the United States. You can buy Onn TVs online using the Walmart website. It is a value-for-money product as the remote features compete with the top TV brands. In addition, it works great with a universal remote. If the Onn TV remote is not working, you can rely on the following ways to change the input on Onn TV without a remote.
How to Change Input on Onn TV Without a Remote
If the Onn TV remote is faulty, you can use the following ways to change the input on Onn TV.
Use Physical Buttons to Change the Input on Onn TV
You can use the physical buttons to turn on your Onn TV, adjust the volume, and change the input source. The physical buttons are located on the left or right of the TV’s back panel. If you don’t find it there, move your hand to the bottom of the front panel, and you will find the buttons.
- Press the Input/Source button and hold it for a few seconds.
- You will see the list of inputs on your Onn TV screen.
- Press the Channel buttons to highlight the desired input.
- Once highlighted, press the Volume button to confirm your choice.
- Your Onn TV will change to the selected input.
Note: Like the Onn remote, you can use the physical buttons to change the input on Magnanox TV without a remote.
Use The Roku App to Change the Input on Onn Roku TV
The Roku App controls Roku OS televisions and Roku streaming boxes. It will work only if your Android or iOS smartphone and Onn Roku TV are connected to the same WIFI network. Here’s how to change the input on Onn Roku TV without a remote.
- Initially, you must install The Roku App on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Once installed, launch The Roku App on your smartphone.
- Sign in with valid Roku account credentials.
- After that, click the Devices option.
- Then select your Onn Roku TV from the listed devices.
- After it gets connected, click the Remote button.
- Once the remote interface appears, tap the Home button.
- Further, click on Settings and choose TV Inputs.
- Click the Up or Down arrow buttons to highlight the input and tap OK to confirm.
Change Input on Onn Roku TV via Voice Command
- Press the microphone button and say the voice command, “Switch to Input Name.”
Use a Keyboard or Mouse to Change Input on Onn TV
Generally, Onn Smart TVs will offer multiple HDMI ports to connect streaming devices, soundbars, STBs, etc. Therefore, you can plug in a wireless keyboard or mouse to control your Onn Smart TV. You can use the keyboard to change the input on Onn Smart TV without a remote.
Go to the Onn TV home screen → Tap Settings → Choose TV Inputs → Select the Input of your wish.
Based on our testing, we recommend users purchase Logitech K400 or Logitech K600 TV. It also features a touchpad for a convenient mouse search. Other than that, these keyboards are ideal for large living rooms, and it works from a distance of up to 49 feet.
Note: You need not worry if the RCA TV remote is defective or lost as you can change the input on RCA TV without a remote in four easy methods.
How to Change Input on Onn TV With a Remote
1. Switch on your Onn Smart TV by pressing the Power button.
2. Press the Input button at the top right corner of the remote.
3. Highlight the input you want to switch by clicking the Up or Down buttons.
4. Then press the OK button to confirm.
Important Note: For Onn Roku TV remote, press the Home button → Click on Settings → Select TV Inputs → Choose the Input → Press the OK button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Locate the physical buttons of your Onn TV on the left or right front or back panel. Then press the CH+ and CH- buttons to change the TV channel.
There is no official Onn TV remote app. However, you can use third-party apps like Onn TV Remote for Roku and Remote for Onn TV. You can download these apps for free from the Play Store.