How to Change Input on Magnavox TV Without Remote [4 Ways]
- Using Physical Buttons: Press the Source button → Single press the Source button to highlight an input → Long press the Source button to confirm the choice.
- Universal Remote For Magnavox: Open the Universal Remote For Magnavox app → Click on TV → Magnavox → Working/Not Working → Press the Menu button → Settings → TV Inputs → Select the input.
- Via The Roku App: Launch The Roku App → Click Devices → Choose Magnavox Roku TV → Tap Remote → Press the Home button → Settings → TV Inputs → Highlight the input → Press OK.
- Using External Device: Plug in a wireless keyboard or mouse to the Magnavox TV → Change the input.
Magnavox Roku TV allows users to stream over 500,000+ movies and TV shows in 4K Ultra HD and HDR10. It is also integrated with Apple Homekit, Alexa, and Google Assistant for hands-free control. Therefore, there is no need to buy a replacement remote if the Magnavox TV remote has been lost or stopped working. You can either use the Magnavox TV remote app or physical buttons to change the input without using a remote. Apart from this, you shall use an external mouse or keyboard to control the TV.
How to Change Input on Magnavox TV Without Remote
If you have issues with the Magnavox remote control, you shall try the below methods to change the input on Magnavox TV.
Tip: Like changing the input, you shall program Magnavox TV without the remote controller if your physical remote is damaged or lost.
Change Input on Magnavox TV using the Physical Button
Magnavox TVs have physical buttons to manually control when you don’t have a remote. These buttons are located on the back of the TV on its left or right edges. If you can’t find it there, it will be located underneath the Magnavox logo. The Source and Reset buttons must be located on the backside of the Magnavox TV.
- Locate and press the Source button on the Magnavox TV.
- A list of input sources will be displayed on the TV screen.
- Short press the Source button to highlight the input.
- Long press the Source button to confirm the selection.
Use Smartphone to Change Input on Magnavox TV Without Remote
You can control Magnavox TV by installing a remote app on your smartphone. Notably, numerous third-party remote control apps on the Google Play Store for Android smartphones. But these remote apps will never work if your smartphone doesn’t have an IR blaster.
The following are the steps to change the input on Magnavox TV without using a remote.
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone.
2. Search for Universal Remote For Magnavox and click on the app.
3. Begin the installation by clicking the Install button.
4. Open the Universal Remote For Magnavox app.
5. Select TV from the list of devices that appear.
6. Further, choose Magnavox from the TV brands list.
7. Aim the remote at the TV and press the Power button.
8. If it turns off the TV, tap Working.
💡 Else, click on Not Working and choose a different remote and repeat the steps.
9. Once the remote interface appears, click the Menu button.
10. Scroll down the options and click on Settings.
11. Choose TV Inputs and select an input you want to switch.
Use The Roku App to Change Input on Magnavox Roku TV
The Roku App lets you control Roku streaming players and Roku TVs from an Android or iOS smartphone. This app requires Magnavox Roku TV and your smartphone to be connected to the same WIFI network. Check out the below guidelines to change the input on Magnavox Roku TV using The Roku App.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your smartphone.
2. Type The Roku App in the search bar and search for the app.
3. Choose The Roku App icon to view the app description.
4. Then click on Get/Install to begin the installation.
5. Open The Roku App on your Android or iOS smartphone.
6. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
7. Then click Devices at the bottom of the home screen.
8. When it starts searching for nearby Roku devices, select your Magnavox Roku TV.
9. Next, tap the Remote icon to get the remote control interface.
10. Press the Home button on the app.
11. Go to Settings and select TV Inputs.
12. Highlight the input using the directional keys and press the OK button.
Bonus Tip: Morever, you shall press the microphone button and say, “Switch to (Input name)” to change the input using a voice command.
Change Input on Magnavox TV using a Keyboard or Mouse
Magnavox Smart TVs will have 2 or 3 HDMI ports to connect external devices. You can use these ports to connect a set-top box, soundbar, gaming console, or wireless keyboard/mouse. Therefore, you can connect a keyboard to control your Magnavox TV if you cannot use the remote.
We recommend users buy the Logitech K830 or Logitech K600 TV. These keyboards have a built-in touchpad, so you don’t need to connect a mouse for cursor control. These are suitable for large rooms, so you can comfortably operate them from a 33-49 feet distance.
📌 To change the input, go to the home screen → Settings → TV Inputs → Click on the Input to switch.
Change Input on Magnavox TV With Remote
Here are the instructions to change the input on Magnavox TV with a remote.
1. Make sure that the Magnavox TV is turned on.
2. Press the Source button on the Magnavox remote.
3. It will display the list of inputs on the TV screen.
4. Press the Up or Down arrow keys to select the input.
5. Finally, press the OK button to confirm.
Bonus Tip: You can also use a universal remote to change the input by programming the Magnavox remote to the TV with suitable remote codes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Press and hold the physical Power button for about 10 seconds. This will soft reset the Magnavox TV. For power reset, unplug the Magnavox TV cord from the power source and leave it unplugged for 60 seconds. Later, plug the TV cord back in.
Press the CH+ and CH- keys on the Magnavox TV to change TV channels without a remote control.