7 Methods to Reset Magnavox TV With or Without a Remote
- Soft Reset Magnavox TV: Press the Power button and hold it for 10 seconds → At the same time, unplug the TV cord → After 60 seconds, plug it back in → Turn on the TV.
- Hard Reset Magnavox TV: Press Menu → Main Menu → TV Menu → Reset to Standard → Click OK.
- Using a Remote App: Launch Universal Remote For Magnavox → Follow the on-screen prompts to select a remote → Press Menu → Settings → Advanced System Settings → Reset to Standard → Tap OK.
- Connect an external keyboard or mouse to reset the Magnavox TV without a remote.
- Power Reset Magnavox TV: Press the Magnavox TV physical Power button to turn off → Remove the TV cord from the source → Keep it unplugged for 5 minutes → Later, connect the TV cord and turn it on.
- Factory Reset Magnavox TV: Unplug the TV cord → Press the Vol Down and Power buttons simultaneously → Hold these buttons for 30 seconds → The Magnavox TV will reboot and shut down.
- Using The Roku app: Connect Android/iOS and Magnavox Roku TV to the same WIFI network → Launch The Roku App → Tap Devices → Select Magnavox Roku TV → Click Remote → Press the Home button → Settings → System → Advanced system settings → Factory reset → Factory reset everything.
Sometimes the Magnavox TV goes unresponsive due to an unexpected error. However, you can fix the issue by resetting the TV. The may be times your Magnavox TV remote isn’t working, or it has been lost. In this scenario, you need to look for some alternative ways. Fortunately, there are some easy techniques to reset your Magnavox TV with or without a remote.
Why Reset Magnavox TV Without Remote
You shall end up resetting the Magnavox TV remote without using the remote controller for the following reasons.
|Magnavox remote is broken or damaged, and you cannot use it any further|
|Your TV isn’t responding even after changing the weak battery on the remote|
|The TV takes too long to load the content or lags when changing the channels|
|Magnavox TV is stuck up on the start screen and didn’t respond to your command|
|There is no audio or sound output from the Magnavox TV|
How to Soft Reset Magnavox TV using the Physical Button
Generally, everyone likes to turn on the Magnavox TV by using the remote. But at some point, you may be unable to use the remote for various reasons. For instance, your remote might become defective or lost somewhere. So, you cannot turn on Magnavox TV without a remote. In such cases, the physical button is the quick solution to control your Magnavox TV.
Here are the steps to soft reset Magnavox TV using the physical button.
1. Locate and press the Power button of the Magnavox TV.
2. Keep hold of this button for at least 10 seconds.
3. Unplug the TV cord from the source and keep it unplugged for 60 seconds.
4. Later, plug the TV cord back into the source.
5. Press the Power button to turn on Magnavox TV and check if the issues are resolved.
How to Hard Reset Magnavox TV using the Physical Button
If you want to reset Magnavox TV to factory defaults without the remote, here’s how to do it.
1. Turn on the TV using the physical power button.
2. Locate and press the Menu button on the Magnavox TV.
Note: The Menu button is located on the left side of the TV frame for the big-screen Magnavox TV. If you have older models, it is located at the underside of the TV frame.
3. Select Main Menu and click on the TV Menu.
FYI: Press the Channel Up and Channel Down keys to scroll through the options.
4. Further, click on Reset to Standard.
5. Then select OK to begin the factory reset.
Note: If the Toshiba TV volume is not working, it is recommended to reset Toshiba TV without a remote using physical keys.
Use a Third-Party App to Reset Magnavox TV
If you have an Android smartphone, you shall install and use the Magnavox remote app to control your TV. The remote apps are free to download from the Google Play Store. However, your smartphone should have a built-in IR blaster to use remote apps.
Follow these steps to reset Magnavox TV using a third-party remote app.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
2. Search for Universal Remote For Magnavox and install the respective app.
3. Launch Universal Remote For Magnavox on your device.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to choose the ideal remote.
5. Finally, you can use the remote control to reset Magnavox TV.
Press the Menu/Home button → Settings → Advanced System Settings → Reset to Standard → Tap OK.
Connect a Keyboard or Mouse to Reset Magnavox TV
All Magnavox TVs will have a dedicated USB port to connect external devices. You can even plug in a wireless keyboard or mouse and then control your TV like your PC. You can purchase a keyboard/mouse online if you don’t have one. To get advanced features, you should purchase Logitech keyboards like K400, K400 Plus, or K600 TV.
🛒 Check Price on Amazon
- Logitech K400
- Logitech K400 Plus
- Logitech K600 TV
These keyboards are so useful as they have a built-in touchpad to use as a mouse. Once it is connected, go to the TV Menu and select Main Menu using the touchpad. Further, click on Reset to Standard and then select OK. You have successfully reset the Magnavox TV to factory defaults.
How to Power Reset Magnavox TV Without a Remote
Follow the instructions to power reset Magnavox TV without using a remote.
1. Press and hold the Power button of the Magnavox TV.
2. Keep hold of the Power button until the TV is turned off.
3. Release the button once it is turned off.
4. Next, unplug the TV cord from the outlet.
5. Wait for 5 minutes and plug the TV cord back in.
6. Lastly, switch on the Magnavox TV by pressing the Power button.
How to Force Magnavox TV to Factory Reset Without a Remote
Force resetting is an effective way to delete installed apps, storage memory, and app data. Here’s how to do it.
1. Unplug the TV cord from the power outlet.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together and plug the TV cord back in.
3. Keep hold of these buttons for at least 30 seconds.
4. Release both buttons if the TV screen goes dark.
5. The Magnavox TV will reboot and shut down automatically.
Pro Tip: If it doesn’t turn on, press the Power button to turn it on manually.
6. Now, you see the welcome message on the TV screen.
FYI: This indicates that the Magnavox TV has been reset to factory defaults.
How to Reset Magnavox Roku TV Without a Remote
You can easily reset the Magnavox Roku TV by pressing and holding the Reset button for 10-15 seconds. The Reset button is located on the backside of the Magnavox Roku TV. If there is no Reset button, press and hold the Mute and Power buttons simultaneously. Optionally, you can install and use the Roku remote app to do the same.
Here are the steps to reset Magnavox Roku TV using the Roku app.
1. Download and install the Roku app on your Android/iOS smartphone.
2. Connect your Magnavox Roku TV and smartphone to the same WIFI network.
3. Open the Roku app.
4. Sign in to your Roku account.
5. Click on Devices and choose your Magnavox Roku TV to connect.
6. Tap the Remote icon to view the remote interface.
7. Press the Home button on the remote control.
8. Click on Settings and then choose System.
9. Next, select Advanced system settings and click on Factory reset.
10. Further, click on Factory reset everything.
How to Reset Magnavox TV With a Remote
The following are the instructions to reset Magnavox TV using a remote.
1. Press the Menu/Home button on your TV remote.
2. When the main menu appears, select TV Menu and click Enter.
3. Next, choose the Reset to Standard option and click Enter.
4. Further, click OK to initiate the reset.
Note: If the Magnavox Roku Remote is not working, there are two ways to reset the Roku remote.
Frequently Asked Question
If the Magnavox TV doesn’t turn on, check whether the TV cord is properly inserted. Also, check if there is a problem with the power supply or circuit breaker is tripped. Once the problems have been fixed, you can turn on the Magnavox TV.
If your Magnavox TV turns on and shuts off by itself, it may be due to a lack of internal memory, an issue with a TV driver or the device overheating.