How to Reset Magnavox TV With or Without Remote
- Soft Reset Magnavox TV Without Remote: Press Power button → Unplug TV cord → Plug in → Turn on TV.
- Using Reset Button: Hold Reset button for 20 seconds → Release it when TV turns on.
- Using Menu Button: Press Menu → Main Menu → TV Menu → Reset to Standard → Click OK.
- With Third-Party Remote App: Launch Universal Remote Magnavox → Select Remote → Press Menu → Settings → Advanced System Settings → Reset to Standard → Tap OK.
- Using The Roku app: Open The Roku App → Devices → Select Magnavox Roku TV → Click Remote → Home → Settings → System → Advanced system settings → Factory reset → Factory reset everything.
- Connect an external keyboard to reset the Magnavox TV without a remote.
- Force Reset Magnavox TV: Unplug TV cord → Press Vol Down and Power buttons → Hold buttons for 30 seconds → The Magnavox TV will reboot.
If the Magnavox TV keeps turning off or not connecting to WiFi, you can reset the TV to fix the issue. You can factory reset the Magnavox TV easily by navigating to the TV settings with a remote. What if the Magnavox TV remote is not working? There is nothing to worry about since there are alternate ways to reset the Magnavox TV to its initial settings without a remote. This can be done with the help of the remote app or an external keyboard or mouse.
In this article, we will teach the step-by-step instructions to soft or hard reset the Magnavox TV without a remote.
When Should I Reset Magnavox TV
We recommend users reset the Magnavox TV to its factory defaults for the following reasons.
|1||If the installed apps on the Magnavox TV keep crashing for no reasons|
|2||Your TV isn’t responding to the remote even after changing the batteries|
|3||The TV takes too long to load the content or lags when changing the channels|
|4||Magnavox TV is stuck up on the startup screen after a reboot|
|5||When there is no audio or video on the Magnavox TV screen|
|6||If the Magnavox TV’s performance is very slow than usual|
How to Soft Reset Magnavox TV Without Remote
Generally, everyone likes to turn on the Magnavox TV using a remote. But at some point, you may be unable to use the remote for various reasons. For instance, your remote might become defective or lost somewhere. So, you cannot turn on the Magnavox TV without a remote. In such cases, the physical button is the quick solution to control your Magnavox TV.
Here are the steps to soft reset Magnavox TV using the physical button.
1. Locate and press the Power button of the Magnavox TV.
2. Keep hold of this button for at least 10 seconds.
3. Unplug the TV cord from the source and keep it unplugged for 60 seconds.
4. Later, plug the TV cord back into the source.
5. Press the Power button to turn on the Magnavox TV and check if the issue is resolved.
Note: You can even change the input on Magnavox TV with the help of physical buttons on the TV panel.
How to Factory Reset Magnavox TV Without Remote
The following are the possible ways to reset Magnavox TV to its default settings without a remote.
Using Reset Button to Hard Reset Magnavox TV
Certain models of Magnavox Smart TV come with a Reset button by default. Hence, you can use that button to reset the TV to factory settings.
1. First, look for the Reset button on your Magnavox TV’s back panel.
2. Press the Reset button for nearly 20 seconds.
Note: Press and hold the Mute and Power buttons simultaneously if there is no Reset button.
3. When the TV gets reset, you can see the dim light displayed on the TV screen.
4. Release the finger from the reset button, and the TV begins to reboot.
5. After the Magnavox TV is turned on, you can start setting up the device.
Using Menu Button to Hard Reset Magnavox TV
1. Turn on the Magnavox TV using the physical power button.
2. Press the Menu button on the Magnavox TV. The Menu button will be located on the left side of the Magnavox TV. For older TV models, it will be found on the underside of the TV frame.
3. Select the Main Menu and click on the TV Menu. Press the Channel Up (or) Channel Down keys to scroll through the options.
4. Click on Reset to Standard.
5. Then select OK to begin the factory reset.
Using Third-Party Remote App to Reset Magnavox TV
If you have an Android smartphone, you can use the Magnavox TV remote app to control your TV. The remote apps are free to download from the Google Play Store. However, your smartphone should have a built-in IR blaster to use remote apps.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
2. Search for Universal Remote Magnavox and install the respective app.
3. Launch Universal Remote Magnavox on your device.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to choose the ideal remote.
5. Finally, you can use the remote control to reset Magnavox TV with these steps.
Press the Menu/Home button → Settings → Advanced System Settings → Reset to Standard → Tap OK.
Note: If this app doesn’t control the Magnavox TV, try the IR blaster remote app on your Android device as an alternative.
Using The Roku App to Reset Magnavox Roku TV
Optionally, you can install and use the Roku remote app to do the same. Here are the steps to reset Magnavox Roku TV using the Roku app.
1. Install The Roku App on your Android or iPhone from the respective app store.
2. Connect your Magnavox Roku TV and smartphone to the same WIFI network.
3. Open the Roku app on your smartphone.
4. Sign in to your Roku account if prompted.
5. Click on Devices and choose your Magnavox Roku TV to connect.
6. Tap the Remote icon to view the remote interface.
7. Press the Home button on the remote control.
8. Click on Settings and then choose System.
9. Next, select Advanced system settings and click on Factory reset.
10. Further, click on Factory reset everything.
Using External Keyboard to Reset Magnavox TV
All Magnavox TVs will have a dedicated USB port to connect external devices. You can even plug in a wireless keyboard or mouse and then control your TV like your PC. You can purchase a keyboard/mouse online if you don’t have one. We recommend users purchase any of the Logitech keyboards with advanced features.
These keyboards are so useful as they have a built-in touchpad to use as a mouse. Once connected, go to the TV Menu and select Main Menu using the touchpad. Further, click on Reset to Standard and then select OK. You have successfully reset the Magnavox TV to factory defaults.
How to Force Magnavox TV to Factory Reset Without Remote
Force resetting is an effective way to delete installed apps, storage memory, and app data. This method only works for Magnavox Non-Smart TV models.
1. Unplug the TV cord from the power outlet.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together and plug the TV cord back in.
3. Keep hold of these buttons for at least 30 seconds.
4. Release both buttons if the TV screen goes dark.
5. The Magnavox TV will reboot automatically. If it doesn’t turn on, press the Power button to turn it on manually.
6. You will see the welcome message on the TV screen. This indicates that the Magnavox TV has been reset to factory defaults.
How to Reset Magnavox Roku TV With Remote
1. Press the Menu/Home button on your TV remote.
2. When the main menu appears, select TV Menu and click Enter.
3. Next, choose the Reset to Standard option and click Enter.
4. Further, click OK to initiate the reset.
Note: If the Magnavox Roku Remote is not working, you can reset the Roku remote to make it work.
Use a Universal Remote
Optionally, you can use a Magnavox universal remote to reset the TV to its factory settings. However, you must program the Magnavox remote with or without codes to control the TV or any device. The easiest choice is to program a universal remote with the help of remote codes for Magnavox TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the Magnavox TV is not turning on, check whether the cord is properly inserted. Also, check if the circuit breaker is tripped. Once the problems have been fixed, you can turn on the Magnavox TV.
Power cycle the Magnavox TV to fix the black screen issue. To do that, unplug the TV cord and keep it unplugged for 60 seconds. Press and hold the Power button. Turn on the TV and check if it works.
It is due to a technical failure. Speak to a Magnavox customer service executive by calling 1 (800) 605-8610.