Wondering why the CHiQ TV remote is not working? The issue can either be with the CHiQ TV or the remote itself. Sometimes, if there is a software issue in the TV, it will fail to detect remote signals properly. In addition, the CHiQ TV remote’s IR emitter can be problematic. In this article, we’ll help you determine the reason for the remote issue and how to fix it with simple techniques.
Reasons for CHiQ TV Remote Not Working
|The remote batteries are weak or drained completely.
|Replace the old batteries with newer ones.
|Any object blocks the remote signals.
|Clear the obstructions in its line of path.
|The remote’s IR emitter may be dysfunctional.
|Repair or buy a new CHiQ TV remote.
|CHiQ TV remote may get unpaired on its own.
|Re-program the CHiQ TV remote.
|The remote keys are stuck due to dirt.
|Disassemble the remote and fix the stuck buttons.
|Fluorescent light source disrupts the remote signal.
|Turn off those lights or keep them away from the TV.
How to Fix CHiQ TV Remote Not Working
Follow these techniques to fix the not-working Philips TV remote in simple steps.
Change the Batteries
The CHiQ remote will not be working if there is a problem with its batteries. Check if your CHiQ remote has drained out of power.
- Eject the old batteries from the CHiQ TV remote.
- Insert new batteries based on their positive and negative polarities.
- Ensure the battery compartment is clear. If there is dirt, use a cloth or cotton swab to clean it before inserting the batteries.
- Pair the CHiQ TV remote and test whether the issue has been fixed.
Power Cycle the Remote
If the CHiQ TV remote is not in use for an extended period, the remote won’t work because of flea power. To rectify this, you must power cycle the CHiQ TV remote.
1. Remove the batteries from your CHiQ TV remote.
2. Hit the Power key and hold it for 30 seconds to drain the residual power.
3. Re-insert the batteries back inside the remote. Check now whether the CHiQ TV remote is functioning.
Clear the Obstructions
If there is an obstruction between the remote and the CHiQ TV, the remote will not respond. Because of that, the TV receiver won’t be able to receive signals. So, if there are any objects, such as furniture, speakers, soundbars, etc., make sure to relocate them. Also, wipe your TV sensor to ensure no smudges, and operate your TV remote at a distance of fewer than 30 feet.
Turn off the Fluorescent Light
Sometimes, the remote signals may not reach the TV sensor due to a light source. This is because fluorescent lamps can emit infrared signals that can easily interfere with remote signals. To get rid of this, switch off the fluorescent light and use LED lights instead of that. Also, keep the objects that emit infrared signals a little away while operating the remote.
Clean the Remote Buttons
At times, dirt or dust on the remote may be the reason for the CHiQ TV remote issue. If the dirt even goes inside the button, it will cause the buttons to get stuck inside. Therefore, it is necessary to clean the CHiQ TV remote with proper alcohol cleaners. Keep pressing all the buttons individually to fix if the buttons are jammed inside.
Test the IR Emitter
Since the remote uses the IR emitter, ensure the CHiQ TV remote sensor isn’t blocked by anything. Also, you should test the IR emitter to determine whether it works. Open the Camera app on your smartphone. Point the remote’s IR signal head facing the camera. Then, press the remote keys to see whether a blinking light appears. If the light blinks, there is no problem with the CHiQ TV remote. Otherwise, you should get a replacement remote.
Power Cycle the CHiQ TV
At times, CHiQ TV may have voltage fluctuations in the power source, causing the remote to be unresponsive. To fix this, you must power cycle the CHiQ TV.
1. Turn off your TV and unplug the power cord of your TV.
2. Wait for up to two to three minutes.
3. Next, plug in the power cord, turn on your CHiQ TV, and check whether the remote works.
Re-Pair the CHiQ TV Remote
There is a higher possibility for the CHiQ TV remote to get unpaired due to technical issues. The remote pairing process is simple, but the procedure will differ based on the TV model.
- For CHiQ Android TV, go to Settings. Highlight Remotes & accessories. Grab the remote and hold the Volume Down and Back buttons. Select Remotes & accessories. You will see the remote on the next screen. Click OK to pair.
- For CHiQ Roku TV, hold the Home and Back buttons on the remote. Release these buttons when the remote’s LED blinks. You will get a prompt on the TV screen that it is ready to pair the CHiQ Roku TV remote.
Update the CHiQ TV Firmware
If you can’t able to pair the CHiQ TV remote, it is because of outdated TV firmware. Update the CHiQ TV firmware to the latest version and try pairing the remote.
- For CHiQ Android TV, go to Settings → Device Preferences → About → System update → Check for update.
- For CHiQ Roku TV, go to Settings → System → System update → Check Now.
Contact CHiQ Customer Support
If the above-mentioned ways do not work, you can contact CHiQ TV Customer Support directly and explain the issue you’re facing. They will help you to fix the remote issues. Technical support is available in Australia, Europe, the Middle East, Pakistan, Indonesia, Thailand, and other countries.
Alternate Ways You Can Use to Control CHiQ TV
If the CHiQ TV remote isn’t working due to physical damage, you can try alternative ways to operate the TV.
Use the CHiQ TV Remote app
Optionally, use the CHiQ TV remote app on your phone to control the TV effortlessly. The remote apps are free, so you don’t need to spend money on them. However, to use the remote app, your smartphone must have an IR blaster to emit signals. Otherwise, connect the CHiQ TV and phone to the same WiFi. Then, use the remote app to operate the CHiQ TV with your phone.
Buy a Universal Remote
If the CHiQ TV remote is not working due to physical damage, buy a new replacement remote. It is best to purchase a universal remote which serves many purposes. With a universal remote, you can control all entertainment devices like smart TVs, soundbars, DVD players, and A/V receivers. However, you should know the CHiQ TV remote codes to program a universal remote with the TV.
Locate the -button on the CHiQ TV panel and press it to turn it on without a remote.
Yes. You can reset the CHiQ Smart TV without a remote using the IR blaster remote app.