Bush TV Remote Not Working: Causes and DIY Fixes
Bush TV is a budget-friendly smart TV that provides more modern features at an affordable price. It ships with a preprogrammed remote control that helps to control your TV. At times, your Bush TV remote may not work or fails to respond to your actions. The situation becomes even more complex when you can’t access your Bush TV remote app to control the TV. In such a case, you should take action to fix Bush TV remote not working issue by performing the basic troubleshooting methods.
Why Bush TV Remote is Not Working
For the following reasons, you might come across Bush TV physical remote controller may not work or function properly.
|1||Weak or expired batteries|
|2||You may have paired the remote with the improper remote codes|
|3||Substances may block the Infrared path|
|4||Physical damage on the remote|
How to Fix Bush TV Remote Not Working
If your Bush TV remote fails to respond to your actions, you can fix it easily by following the methods mentioned below.
Remove the Object from the Infrared Path
Although Bush TV is a smart TV, it does not use WiFi to control the TV. It uses only the traditional Infrared signal to control the TV. However, if you are operating more in the uncleared path, your remote may not respond to your actions. So always ensure to remove the hindrances from the travel path between the remote and the TV.
Check the Batteries of the Remote
Changing the battery is one of the ways to fix when your Bush TV remote is not working properly. Batteries are the key factor in the remote, which helps to provide the power supply to the remote. If the batteries on your remote are expired or working in a weak condition, you might not get the proper response from the TV. Since replacing the battery is one of the best fixes, you need to place the batteries properly in the battery compartment. To replace the batteries on your Bush TV remote,
(1) Fetch your Bush TV remote and turn it back to the battery compartment.
(2) Swipe down towards the arrow to remove the battery cap from the remote.
(3) Remove the old batteries from the remote and clean the battery compartment with a soft cloth.
(4) Now, insert the new batteries correctly with the + and – side.
(5) Finally, close the cap and aim the remote toward the TV.
(6) Perform any actions on the remote. It must work properly.
Check the Power Cable of the TV
Sometimes, your TV may not be turned ON due to the low power supply, or you may have inserted the power cable on the wrong power socket. At this time, you may think that the problem is with the remote. So, if your TV is not turning on properly, check the TV’s power cable. Also, insert the power cable on the power socket and turn on the power socket’s switch.
Operate the Remote Near the TV
Most IR remotes will work properly only if the remote is handled close to the TV. You can operate the remote with a maximum distance of 20 meters. If you are operating the remote with more than 20 meters of distance, you need to take some action. As mentioned above, you can clear the hindrance from the IR path and operate the remote within 20 meters of the TV to get a better working experience.
Clean the Buttons on the Remote
Since the remote buttons are made with rubberized material they observe the dust more quicker and easier. If the dust particles are settled inside the remote, it does not allow the remote to work properly. You can clean the remote buttons with a soft cloth and brush once a week to remove the dust and dirt particles from the remote.
Make sure to clean the IR blaster on the remote with a clean and soft fabric. Sometimes the remote may not work if the IR blaster is covered with dust and dirt particles. You can clean the IR blaster of the remote once a week to get a better performance from the remote. Check if this has resolved the remote control for Bush TV not working issue. Else, follow the other fixes below.
Reprogram the Bush TV Remote
You can factory reset your Bush TV, as it will erase everything that you have saved on your TV. With this, your remote will automatically unpair, and you may need to reprogram the remote with the relevant remote codes. You can get the remote codes of the Bush TV from the official website. There are chances for the Bush TV remote to work upon reprogramming.
(1) Fetch your Bush TV remote and go closer to the TV.
(2) Press the Home and TV button simultaneously for a few seconds.
(3) If you see the light flash on the home button twice, release the button from pressing.
(4) Enter the relevant remote code.
(5) The light will flash twice when you have entered the correct code.
(6) If the light does not flash on the remote, try with the other remote codes until you get the light.
(7) Finally, press the TV button. If your TV turns off, you have programmed your remote successfully.
(8) Now, start using the remote without any hassle.
How to Program New Bush TV Remote
(1) Press the home button on the remote.
(2) Now, press and hold the home button until you see the light flashes on the remote.
(3) If the LED light on the home button flashes on your remote, you have successfully paired your remote and TV.
Buy a New Remote or Handle with the Remote App
Buying a new remote is one of the best options to fix the remote working problem. You can get an official or a universal remote to control your Bush TV. You can also download the Bush TV remote app from the official application store on your device to control your Bush TV from your mobile.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find the power button on the Bush TV under the logo of the TV.