Bush TV Remote Not Working: Causes and DIY Fixes
My sister, who has a Bush Smart TV, told me her remote control was not working. I told her to replace the old batteries in the Bush TV remote. After replacing the batteries, she told me some buttons in the remote were still unresponsive. I spoke to Bush Technical Support (0345 6040105) and asked them how to fix the remote control issue. Based on our conversation, I prepared an article for Bush TV users to resolve the remote control issue using DIY troubleshooting methods.
Why is the Bush TV Remote Not Working
Bush TV support executive told me the remote may stop working for the following reasons.
|1||If the Bush TV remote batteries have insufficient charge|
|2||Because of an obstruction between the remote’s line of path|
|3||One or more buttons in the Bush TV remote are stuck|
|4||The Bush TV remote’s IR emitter may be faulty|
|5||Signal interference caused by other IR-based devices|
|6||Due to wear and tear, the remote may be defective|
How to Fix Bush TV Remote Not Working
If your Bush TV remote fails to respond to your actions, you can fix it easily by following the methods mentioned below.
Check the Batteries of the Remote
Changing the battery is the best way to fix the Bush TV remote control not working issue. Batteries are the key factor in the remote, which helps to provide the power supply to the remote. If the batteries on your remote are expired or working in a weak condition, you might not get the proper response from the TV. Since replacing the battery is one of the best fixes, you must place the batteries properly in the battery compartment. To replace the batteries on your Bush TV remote,
(1) Fetch your Bush TV remote and return it to the battery compartment.
(2) Swipe down towards the arrow to remove the battery cap from the remote.
(3) Remove the old batteries from the remote and clean the battery compartment with a soft cloth.
(4) Now, insert the new batteries correctly with the + and – side.
(5) Finally, close the cap and aim the remote toward the TV.
(6) Perform any actions on the remote. It must work properly.
Clear the Obstructions
Most Bush Smart TV remotes use only the traditional Infrared signal to control the TV. However, if you operate more in the uncleared path, your remote may not respond to your actions. So, always remove the hindrances from the travel path between the Bush TV remote and the receiver. Relocate showpieces and soundbars if anything were placed in front of the receiver.
Power Cycle the Bush TV
Sometimes, the Bush TV might have an issue receiving power from the source. This is why the Bush TV is not responding to the remote commands. You should power cycle the Bush TV to resolve the problem.
(1) Unplug the Bush TV cord from the power source.
(2) Keep it unplugged for 60 seconds.
(3) At that time, press the Power key on the TV and hold it for 10-15 seconds.
(4) Plug the cord back in and turn on the Bush TV.
Press the remote keys on the remote control and check if it works.
Soft Reset the Bush TV Remote
If you haven’t used the Bush TV remote for a long time, the remote won’t work. This is because unused residual power is left inside the remote, which will affect the remote function. Soft reset the remote to bring it back to a working condition.
(1) Eject the batteries from the Bush TV remote and keep them aside.
(2) Hit the Power button on the remote and hold it for 10 seconds.
(3) Press all the keys in the Bush TV remote at least 4-5 times.
Later, insert the batteries back into the Bush TV remote and see whether it works.
Test the Remote’s IR Emitter
The remote won’t send signals to the Bush TV if there is an issue with the IR emitter. Luckily, the issue can be determined by performing a simple test using a smartphone.
(1) Run the Camera application on your smartphone.
(2) Point the remote’s IR emitter towards the rear camera of your phone.
(3) Randomly press the keys in the remote and check whether you see a flashlight on the screen.
(4) If a flashlight appears, there is no issue with the remote. Otherwise, the IR emitter is defective.
Note: In this case, you can buy a replacement remote or use the IR blaster remote app to control the Bush TV.
Inspect the Power Cable of the TV
Sometimes, your TV may not be turned ON due to the low power supply, or you may have inserted the power cable on the wrong socket. At this time, you may think that the problem is with the remote. So, if your TV is not turning on properly, check the TV’s power cable. Also, insert the power cable on the power socket and turn on the power socket’s switch.
Operate the Remote Near the TV
Most IR remotes will work properly only if the remote is handled close to the TV. You can operate the remote with a maximum distance of 20 meters. If you are operating the remote with more than 20 meters of distance, you need to take some action. As mentioned above, clear the hindrance from the IR path and operate the remote within 20 meters of the TV to make it work.
Clean the Buttons on the Remote
Since the remote buttons are made with rubberized material, they observe the dust more quickly and easily. If the dust particles are settled inside the remote, it does not allow the remote to work properly. You can clean the remote buttons with a soft cloth and brush once a week to remove the dust and dirt particles from the remote.
Clean the IR blaster on the remote with a clean and soft fabric. Sometimes, the remote may not work if the IR blaster is covered with dust and dirt particles. You can clean the IR blaster of the remote once a week to get a better performance from the remote. Check if this has resolved the remote control for the Bush TV not working issue. Else, follow the other fixes below.
Reprogram the Bush TV Remote
You can factory reset your Bush TV, as it will erase everything you saved on your TV. With this, your remote will automatically unpair, and you may need to reprogram the remote with the relevant remote codes. You can get the remote codes for Bush TV from the official website. There are chances for the Bush TV remote to work upon reprogramming.
(1) Fetch your Bush TV remote and go closer to the TV.
(2) Press the Home and TV button simultaneously for a few seconds.
(3) If you see the light flash on the home button twice, release the button from pressing.
(4) Enter the relevant remote code.
(5) The light will flash twice when you have entered the correct code.
(6) If the light does not flash on the remote, try with the other remote codes until you get the light.
(7) Finally, press the TV button. If your TV turns off, you have programmed your remote successfully.
(8) Now, start using the remote without any hassle.
How to Program New Bush TV Remote
(1) Press the home button on the remote.
(2) Now, press and hold the home button until you see the light flash on the remote.
(3) If the LED light on the home button flashes on your remote, you have successfully paired your remote and TV.
Contact Bush TV Support
If the previous techniques don’t work, you can visit the Bush TV Customer Support website. Select the TV model and use the Bush Troubleshooting Tool to resolve the issue. For more assistance, watch the videos on the support website. If it doesn’t work, speak to a technical support team by phone by dialing the number (0345 6040105).
Buy a Universal Remote
Buying a new remote is one last solution to fix the remote working problem. You can get a universal remote to control your Bush TV. However, you must know the Bush TV remote codes to set up a universal remote. If you don’t like spending on the remote, install the Bush TV remote app and control the Bush Smart TV from your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Install the Bush TV remote app on your phone. Press the Power key on the remote app to turn on the Bush TV.
Yes. Locate the physical buttons and press the Input/Source button to change the input.